Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No to Zurhaar. Behaves like a total peanut and we already have Weightman and West, with Garcia, Clarke and Jones competing for a spot.

Basically Temu Stringer.
I thought you were going to say we already have Weightman, West, Garcia, Clarke and Jones as peanuts :laughv1:

That’s surprising since Marra said this not long ago but things change

Always 100% believe every opinion on bigfooty, especially when it can be an ambiguous statement like relationships that refer to professional, footballing, personal etc.

My contact at the club (player sponsor).
Have also heard that Baz is “frustrated” by things at the club….hopefully less frustrated than i am about his inability to hit the side of a barn door with his kicking

‘Player Sponsors’ are a decent source, maybe B2 in the intel world.

‘Other Forums’ - F6.
I know a few guys who are significant donors to the club and player sponsors etc and sometimes they do get onto some gold. The problem is Chinese whispers which seem to be a particular problem in this cohort.

I will say that the same people have told me for a while that Smith has been an issue at the club for a lot of reasons, so it might be that the feeling is mutual.

What is a fair trade? A mid to late first round pick is not enough imo.

Fine. Low ball us. He can stay right where he is.

Christ, these journo hacks are like ravenous sharks with this s***. Apparently, Smith, Macrae, Lobb, Daniel and who knows who else are going. That's OK, but these same hacks shouldn't just expect they'll be given up for nothing.

Christ, these journo hacks are like ravenous sharks with this s***. Apparently, Smith, Macrae, Lobb, Daniel and who knows who else are going. That's OK, but these same hacks shouldn't just expect they'll be given up for nothing.

Smith out of contract mate. Staying where he is isn’t the option.
The others, yes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smith out of contract mate. Staying where he is isn’t the option.
The others, yes.
If a trade can't be agreed upon, then his options are risk going to the draft and being passed by half a dozen clubs, or staying with us until free agency. There's no chance he'd risk the draft.

In saying that, a trade will be agreed upon, but it's silly to say staying where he is just flat out isn't an option.

As many have pointed out, it makes little sense for clubs to be offering Smith in excess of a million per year - turning him into a top 100, top 75 paid player in the league - but look to offer less than a top 10 or edge of the top 10 pick.

One links with the other. If a given club lowballs a trade, the Dogs can reasonably question why the club would rate him so highly to pay that in their salary cap.

Though a couple of years younger, Rankine went for pick 5 in a trade getting paid a similar amount relative to the salary cap than what Smith did (former pick 3). That's the framework we're operating with with Smith who was a former pick 6.

If a trade can't be agreed upon, then his options are risk going to the draft and being passed by half a dozen clubs, or staying with us until free agency. There's no chance he'd risk the draft.

In saying that, a trade will be agreed upon, but it's silly to say staying where he is just flat out isn't an option.
People saying "he doesn't want to stay" and he's "burnt his bridges" are being ridiculous.

He's legitimately weighing up contract offers between the Dogs of 800+k a year that will give him the flexibility into free agency, or well over a million a year, upwards of 1.2 at Geelong/Hawks, that will set him up for life even if there's the minor downside of not holding his own destiny and backing himself to reach the game's elite in the next two years. He sees them both as genuinely good options, and he's not burning any bridges and he'll make the decision after he's done the hard yarns on his rehab.

That's less attention-grabbing than "he wants out" "other players hate him" "some club is going to make him their highest-paid player but going to only trade a third-round pick for him" or whatever people imagine, but it's the truth.

There is a feeling/smell call it what you want amongst some list managers of some clubs that Bailey Smith will not be at the Kennel next year.

Sometimes both parties are saying this without specifically saying it.

General understanding is BS is out of the Kennel

Baz wants to go for midfield opportunities he believes he has a right too (which he has yet to show for us) when the real reason is the extra $350k-$400k per year being offered, play and simple.

As many have pointed out, it makes little sense for clubs to be offering Smith in excess of a million per year - turning him into a top 100, top 75 paid player in the league - but look to offer less than a top 10 or edge of the top 10 pick.

One links with the other. If a given club lowballs a trade, the Dogs can reasonably question why the club would rate him so highly to pay that in their salary cap.

Though a couple of years younger, Rankine went for pick 5 in a trade getting paid a similar amount relative to the salary cap than what Smith did (former pick 3). That's the framework we're operating with with Smith who was a former pick 6.
That all makes sense until I remember what we got for Dunkley.

Ed Richards is ten times the player of B Smith

My contact at the club (player sponsor).

I appreciate the intel, and not suggesting it’s wrong, but I’d be hesitant in taking a player sponsors info as gospel.

I know a couple of player sponsors, and the info they get is general chit chat from the player at sponsor events.

I can’t imagine any player spilling too many beans to someone who’s literally just a supporter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back