Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

You’d expect 2/3 talls you draft to not make it. With Jax coming in we should we be set for a decade
Jax is earmarked for big-body midfielder role I'm lead to believe, although VD might have more info on him.

It's Sam Edmund, so the usual grain (or kilo) of salt will apply, but:

Harry Perryman

“Unrestricted free agent, is finding it hard to justify staying at the Giants and is finding that tough because he loves the Giants.”

“Hawthorn are at the table here, but I’d bet on Port Adelaide if he does leave. The Giants have offered six years, but the finances aren’t what they appear.”

VERY good footballer. He's not really a "position of need" for us though, is he...

After their lack of class and arrogance after 2021, they haven't been hit my the karma bus, more like a fully-loaded road train.

Their hubris was unbelievabe. If there is one thing that five decades on this Earth has shown me, it's that things are cyclic. When things are going well, don't take it for granted, treat others with respect and know that it won't last forever. This seems to have been lost on many Melbourne supporters and perhaps some of their players. Perspective.

It's Sam Edmund, so the usual grain (or kilo) of salt will apply, but:

Harry Perryman

“Unrestricted free agent, is finding it hard to justify staying at the Giants and is finding that tough because he loves the Giants.”

Hawthorn are at the table here, but I’d bet on Port Adelaide if he does leave. The Giants have offered six years, but the finances aren’t what they appear.”

VERY good footballer. He's not really a "position of need" for us though, is he...

So, obviously we've asked the question...

Isaac Cumming to Adelaide.

Would be a good pick up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'd know better than most on Bigfooty. Crazy that they took on Hunter and made their problem worse.

Anyone at Melbourne/Casey from your perspective who has kept their nose clean and might be worth shaking out?
Tough to say since 90% of AFL players are powder lads hahaha

No one that we could get IMO

Jon Ralph running with Dogs should throw their hand into the ring for Dan Houston

You’d expect 2/3 talls you draft to not make it.
Normally yes, but most of our young talls are first round picks who have shown promise either as juniors (Croft), at VFL level (Buss) or at AFL level already (Darcy/Marra/Naughton) with an amazing Cat B pick showing AFL level form too (JOD).

Edmund reckons Haynes to the Blues is all but done.

Haynes was one of my favourite non-dogs players 7-8 years ago but he’s been cooked for a while now

Was a gun but he hasn't been the same for a while, 2021 might've been his last good year. Was genuinely awful on the weekend.

Guess Carlton are pretty short on defenders, especially since Williams and Cincotta have moved and looked far better in other roles. Probably just going to be depth for McGovern and Newman but I'd be surprised if he is best 22 anywhere these days.

Jon Ralph running with Dogs should throw their hand into the ring for Dan Houston

Genuine gun, definitely should be interested like every club in Victoria should be.

I thought wanting midfield opportunities was one of the reasons he wanted out, don't think we can offer that. Think most clubs would try to sell him a midfield spot but the second he signs, put him straight to half back where he is arguably the best in the league.

Pretty sure I flagged it earlier in the year about Noble looking for opportunities elsewhere, shame his chosen the Suns, understand family connections and all but he’d be a very solid JJ replacement.

Although it seems like that’s what Bramble has developed into. I’d still like one more pacy HBF on our list, if Dale goes down (and JJ retires) we don’t have many other options.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 6 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back