Trade Discussion 2009 - Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ablett this week and look at Bartels b/e next week, might pay to wait 1-2 more weeks for him.

Just Rich to Cross this week.

Hoping Harlett and Zaha have big weeks this week so I might be able to nab Ablett next week!!!

Ablett Bartel Corey Kornes Cross Coughlan :)

This is where i'm at guys

Godd Chornes Drummond Gilbert Burg Hurn Grimes em Broughton Greenwood

Dal Santo Murphy Selwood Bartel Kirk Otten em Cockie Anthony

McTosh Petrie em Jacobs Spencer

Goodwin SJohnson Franklin Okeffe Higgins Krakouer McGlynn em Sidey Walker

Now 10 Trades and 350K left

Thinking
Otten -> Ablett

OR?

Otten -> another premium mid
Higgins -> ???

Also worried about Hurn... I might gamble on:

Hurn -> Lockyer
Otten -> Pendlebury

Would mean Sidey will be playing for a few weeks while Higgins is out.

Thoughts?

Ablett this week and look at Bartels b/e next week, might pay to wait 1-2 more weeks for him.

Just Rich to Cross this week.

Hoping Harlett and Zaha have big weeks this week so I might be able to nab Ablett next week!!!

Ablett Bartel Corey Kornes Cross Coughlan :)

Your midfields moved around a bit from 2 days ago. What happenned to Rich, Hartlett, Zaha, Dal Santo, Murphy, Selwood, Kirk and Otten?

And you've said you traded walker to warren 3 weeks ago. WTF?

Swan has bottomed out after his massive game last week.
I must get him in for Daniel Rich as he has annoyed me enough with his odd mid 50 -60 score.

To generate the cash, unfortunatly im going to have to trade one of my defenders in Raines, Suban or Rance.

My backline has copped a beating of late as it also contains Houlihan and Gram, with underpreformers like PBurgs in there.

Trading out either of these 3 for Broughton will net me enough to pick up Swanny, which i then need 1 more mid upgrade..

...thoughts on who i should get rid of?

Im leaning Suban, only because Rance and Raines will get games, and probably go up in price from here..

However, if Houlihan and/or Gram isn't named this week im going to cop more zero's in the backs.

Raines hasn't set the world on fire since coming back so don't feel so sure about his place in the lineup week after week. At least Suban is getting games and Rance will when he's recovered which should be soon. Gram should be ok as he played in the VFL on the weekend.

Also take into consideration that you'll probably run out of trades before you run out of money so if a player goes up a little bit before you can get him don't sweat it. Map out your trading plan for the next few weeks and use ffgenie or tooserious to forecast what each one will cost you. It really helps me see where it can lead.

Who to downgrade Rich to in the coming weeks. Muston or Anthony?

Trying to map out a general trading plan which will finalise my team.

13trades, 140k and ranked 300 odd

Hodge, Goddard, Cornes, Adcock, Drummond, Houlihan, Grimes (Raines, Suban)

Swan, Gibbs, Murphy, Selwood, Rich, Zaharakis (Sidebottom, Robinson)

Cox, HMac (Jacobs, Spencer)

Pavlich, S Johnson, Deledio, Franklin, NBrown, Higgins, Zeibell (Warren, Brown)

Bolded are those who I don't intend to be in my final team, those in Italics are the CC's who will make way to earn the cash to allow this to happen.

The players I've indenified as wanting in my team are: (this is subject to price fluctations)

Mackie/Fisher & Lockyer
Kornes & Bartel
Riewoldt

This week I think I'll hold off from trading... Hopefully Houilhan will be back, so I'll let him generate some more cash. Grimes obviously has a long way to go and Kornes/Bartel/Reiwoldt are all on the slide. The only trade I'll potentially make is Raines/Suban to Broughtan to facilitate some of these upgrades but I doubt it.

Next week:

Rich -> Kornes
Zaharakis -> Muston

Week after/week after that:
Robinson -> Bartel

Potentially before/after the above trade:
Warren -> Forward Rookie
Zeibell -> Reiwoldt

That would leave me with 8 trades and only the Houlihan/Grimes upgrades to make which should be able to be achieved in 3 trades, leaving me 5 for LTI. It also leaves Suban/Sidebottom/Brown as solid back-ups in each position.

This is of course all going to plan, which is highly unlikely this year, but it's nice to dream...

Who is likely to play more games this year Matt Austin, N Grima or S Wright, looking at getting 1-2 of them for probably Suban and M Brown

currently have walker, higgins and ziebell in my forward line that im looking to move on im playing it to win my league as 1st is getting to far infront now... have a huge match this week this week i can bring in gia and pav for higgins and walker which would put warren on bench. or franklin & riewoldt for higgins and walker (but not keen on this as riewoldt will drop in price quite a bit youd think) or simply just trade in gia for higgins (if not named) or gia for walker(if higgins is named) thoughts?? also any other 2 fwds i have 775 000 to play with...but already have lids and okeefe as my fallen preimums

Better to downgrade to grima or wright now?
Or hold off for ballentyne if you can?

Austin seems to loose his spot

top of the table match this week..plus bragging rights for a year so gotta win lol
option
a) walker, higgins >> gia, pav (40000 left)
b) walker, higgins >> sjohnson, gia (6000 left)
c) walker, higgins >> gia, riewoldt (not keen on this)
d) " " >> rioli, pavlich
e) " " >> petrie, pavlich

or anyone that adds up to 775000 besides the cheap okeefe, bjohnson and lids

Can't believe no one's talking about upgrading to Deledio, 375k for the best scoring forward of 08. What a bargain. I'd take Gia in a heartbeat but when Higgins returns from injury is he likely to play a forward pocket or take Gia's role again?

top of the table match this week..plus bragging rights for a year so gotta win lol
option
a) walker, higgins >> gia, pav (40000 left)
b) walker, higgins >> sjohnson, gia (6000 left)
c) walker, higgins >> gia, riewoldt (not keen on this)
d) " " >> rioli, pavlich
e) " " >> petrie, pavlich

or anyone that adds up to 775000 besides the cheap okeefe, bjohnson and lids

If i was you i would go for option A. Pav is a consistent Dter who pulls some very big scores and does not get very low scores either. + doing that will leave u with 40k which will be very handy for another trade.

Hey guys got a question on what i should do.
Team: Backs: Goddard, S.Fisher, C.Cornes, Adcock, Drummond, Grimes, Suban emg Broughton and Cheney

Mids: J.Selwood, S.Tuck, Gibbs. K.Cornes, Otten, Rich emg Danger and Robinson

Rucks: Cox, Tippett emg Spencer Jacobs

Forwards: Pavlich, N.Riewoldt, S.Johnson, Deledio, L.Davis, Didak, Higgins emg Warren and Sidebottom

I have 165,200 in the bank, I was planning to get Swan this week thinking if he get a 120 he would drop something like 10k but since he just had to go score a big 158 i drop 3,400 of upgrading Rich to Swan. I don’t think Swan is going to get any cheaper this season so i was wondering what you guys would do to get him or just leave it.

Here are a few options Suban down to Grima ( not so confident on this one because i don’t know enough about Grima and i want to pick someone that will hopefully play the rest of the season)

Higgins to Franklin(Higgins still a chance to play?? Franklin not doing so well this year)

Otten to Swan (only problem with this is i think i can still make a bit more money from Otten and he is getting better scores then Rich and since his starting i would rather have him in the side then Rich)

Danger/Robinson to Muston or someone else that looks alright cheap. (Problem with that is both Danger/Robinson have fairly low B/E and im not so sure on Mustons chance to keep his spot in the side for the rest of the season).

Thanks for the help guys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what are peoples thoughts on the job security of austin (brisbane) and wright (kanagas) i need to downgrade walker to one of them

thoughts?

dylan - ever think of upgrading suban to lockyer... subans reached his peak.. theres no one worth to down trade too.. lockyers prolly going to be at his cheapest all year apart from the start.. Swan i reckon will come down in price again.. at 430,000 decent price but that 159 killed it for me.. Bartels coming down to 440,000 next couple of weeks. even if he kills it.. im going for him... Lockyers a fairly unique must have in your backline.. abiet Hodge may prove to come back and kill it though.. to fill that last spot in your backline.

But if i was you i would look at midfield.. your team is too top heavy... swan may be good for you side.. you need at least one of swan, bartel, ablett in there.. if not all..

Will be doing two trades, not sure if I should get Mackie or Purgoyne for Hill, or just get both for Hill and Waite. Was thinking earlier today of going Waite ---> Lockyer, and Hill ---> Mackie. Now Burgoyne has crossed my mind, and I am also contemplating on getting Enright for Waite which will free up some cash.

Or I could keep Waite for 1-2 weeks, (cop the 0 if petrenko doesn't play), and then get Goddard in for him. Although I don't really like this option.

Most likely wll probably be:
Hill ---> Mackie
Waite ---> Lockyer

About 90k in the bank after these trades, will get Muston in for Dangerfield next week, which will free up about 105k.

Will be doing two trades, not sure if I should get Mackie or Purgoyne for Hill, or just get both for Hill and Waite. Was thinking earlier today of going Waite ---> Lockyer, and Hill ---> Mackie. Now Burgoyne has crossed my mind, and I am also contemplating on getting Enright for Waite which will free up some cash.

Or I could keep Waite for 1-2 weeks, (cop the 0 if petrenko doesn't play), and then get Goddard in for him. Although I don't really like this option.

Hill ---> Mackie
Waite ---> Lockyer

About 90k in the bank after these trades, will get Muston in for Dangerfield next week, which will free up about 105k.

If it changes your mind, ive already traded Waite to Lockyer. Would normally wait till teams are out, but im running a test - if Lockyer gets injured in training, ill know im cursed, and wont trade in any Hawks players... :p

That aside, im not too keen on Mackie this year. If you can get Enright instead you would be much better off (assuming you dont already have him).

Do people in here predict that Bartell will be around $460k mark in two weeks time? His current price is $476k with a breakeven of 155, what are peoples thoughts on when to pull the trigger on Bartell, next week or the week after?

Preferably it would be the week after next, as i have planned my trades over the next two and i will have $460k so i hope that should be enough?

Also how much does a player generally go up by if there breakeven is 55 and they get a tonne?

Hill ---> Mackie
Waite ---> Lockyer

Wait until team selection on Thursday night before deciding to swoop on P.Burgoyne.

If it changes your mind, ive already traded Waite to Lockyer. Would normally wait till teams are out, but im running a test - if Lockyer gets injured in training, ill know im cursed, and wont trade in any Hawks players... :p

That aside, im not too keen on Mackie this year. If you can get Enright instead you would be much better off (assuming you dont already have him).
Nah, I don't have Enright, just trying my best to conserve my money. Burgoyne is extremly low in price though, but I guess consistency is what you would get with Enright.

What would be the best option upgrade option out of the following;

Malceski > Embley + 30k

Malceski > Lockyer

Rich > Dal Santo?
This one.
Embley too injury prone, NDS hasn't coped well with a tag in recent weeks. Lockyer has been a gem defender this year all over the park. Glad I had him from the start.
Plus, Malceski has been a major disappointment this year and you need to know when to cut your losses.

Do people in here predict that Bartell will be around $460k mark in two weeks time? His current price is $476k with a breakeven of 155, what are peoples thoughts on when to pull the trigger on Bartell, next week or the week after?

Preferably it would be the week after next, as i have planned my trades over the next two and i will have $460k so i hope that should be enough?
According to FFGenie his price will be 464K after this week and then 446K the week after, if he scores his average of 116 in the next 2 weeks. If he scores less than his average his price will drop further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back