Trade Discussion 2009 - Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at trading out Rich + Higgins as well H2G.

Personally i'm looking to go Rich>>>Swan, Higgins>>>Goodwin/Gia/Davey and a rookie downgrade to make that happen. Or Rich>>>Thompson and Higgins>>>Riewoldt

They're similar to options one, two and three i guess. With two you two proven premiums, not keepers but premiums. With one and three you get a premium and a keeper but a 110+ppg premium. Personally I'd probably go 2, but it's a hard choice.

I'd have to disagree and say you get premiums in all 3 options. All the players that were mentioned are proven DT performers and were all considered premiums at seasons start. Granted a couple have gone off the boil, but what you have to consider is current form and what you might expect from the player for the rest of the season.
Eg. 2 weeks ago ROK wasn't even on my radar...I had questions over his role, and his commitment to Sydney (everyone knows the trade week fiasco). Now i'm 100% interested in getting him on board, his role has changed and it seems he is in fact 100% commited to the Swans, and i'll be getting him this week if Higgins is out for more than 2

I have three options and require a little bit of assistance please.

Option 1:

Rich -----> Ablett
Higgins -----> O'keefe/Davey/Goodwin - Which one?

Option 2:

Rich -----> Swan
Higgins -----> Pavlich

Option 3:

Rich -----> Kornes/S.Thompson/Cross ect
Higgins -----> Davis/SJ
Option 2 i reckon.

Looking at an elaborate set of trades in the next few weeks to finalise my team.

Thinking;
Coughlan>Muston, Higgins>S.Johnson this week
then Houlihan>75/86k rookie (Pearce?), petrenko>Hodge in a couple of weeks when hodge is named
Then Nahas to someone around 390-410k the week after (pavlich?)

Then lock away my team with 5 trades left purely to defend against injuries;

Backs: Goddard, Cornes, Lockyer, Hodge, Ellis, Grimes, Drummond (Broughton, Pearce)
Mids: Gablett (c), Swan, Gibbs, Cooney, Griffen, J.Selwood (Muston, Davenport)
Rucks: Cox (vc), Mcintosh (Spencer, Currie)
Forwards: S.Johnson, Franklin, Gia, Medhurst, Pavlich, Deledio, Didak (Brown,Gumbleton)

what do people think is better?

option 1: suban to grima OR walker to wright AND beams to ablett (maybe swan dono if ablett is worth it) - instead of playing deboer

options 2:higgins to gia and next week beams to muston(start him) and ziebell to riewoldt

(14 trades)
will be tough to get enough money to upgrade someone to ablett again

(bottom backs are houlihan, suban, cheney, broughton)

i think option 1 is better because i can downgrade warren/walker/suban/cheney to someone later to upgrade ziebell and higgins should basically be a straight swap to someone always. however it means i will miss out on muston.

what do people think is better?

option 1: suban to grima OR walker to wright AND beams to ablett (maybe swan dono if ablett is worth it) - instead of playing deboer

options 2:higgins to gia and next week beams to muston(start him) and ziebell to riewoldt

(14 trades)
will be tough to get enough money to upgrade someone to ablett again

(bottom backs are houlihan, suban, cheney, broughton)

i think option 1 is better because i can downgrade warren/walker/suban/cheney to someone later to upgrade ziebell and higgins should basically be a straight swap to someone always. however it means i will miss out on muston.

Sounds like good logic to me. I guess we will have to wait and see if Muston is the real deal.

Im going all out over the next few weeks, not happy with my run of injuries and poor form :(

Houlihan > Lockyer ($227,100 left)
Higgins > Ballantyne/Bubble Boy ($469,200)
THEN
T.Tuck > Bartel ($267,400)
Zaharakis > Kornes ($152,400)
THEN
Grimes/Sidebottom/Warren > Gun

If I do this, my worst players in each position will be: Grimes, Hasleby, HMac, Warren/Sidebottom. Right now I could possibly have 2 zeroes in the backs if Gram/Houlihan/Broughton dont play.

Looks pretty good, but will only leave me with 5 trades to carry out the year o_O
Although my team would be almost complete. Thoughts?

Just wondering where I am at in regards to everyone else in the competition, as this is the first time I've taken this competition as seriously as most people on this board.

Team stands at:
Backs: Cornes, Fisher, Mundy, Adcock, Mackie, Grimes, Raines (Broughton, Petrenko)
Midfield: Gibbs, Selwood, Hayes, Cornes, S Tuck, Coughlan (Beams, Anthony)
Rucks: Cox, Kreuzer (Jacobs, Spencer)
Forwards: Davis, Deledio, Giansiracusa, Franklin, Higgins, N Brown, Sidebottom (Warren, Ballantyne)

9 Trades left
$190 200 in the kitty.

Not looking for suggestions as to possible trades that sould be made to my team, just where I am at in regards to everyone else.

Is the general consensus that Rich has topped out or is there more money to be made on him?

I was thinking of Rich -> Muston this week, so I can go Raines/Petrenko -> Gun.

My midfield is Gablett, Gibbs, MMurphy, Griffen, Mitchell, Hartlett, Robinson and of course Rich.

So if I got rid of Rich for Muston I'd probably play Muston or Hartlett as my 6th mid.

Thoughts?

I've been thinking of it as premium vs premium.

If you don't have players like Ablett/Bowden when they do score big you will get left behind.

They are my main targets.

hmmm im not so sure on bowden anymore.

if tigers keep losing wouldnt be suprised to see him dropped.

Hmm, if I have a big opponent in Eliminator I'm thinking:

Hill -> Muston
Ziebell -> Bartel/Gibbs/Swan/Judd

Thoughts? And since I'd be able to afford anyone for that second trade, who should I get?

Just wondering where I am at in regards to everyone else in the competition, as this is the first time I've taken this competition as seriously as most people on this board.

Team stands at:
Backs: Cornes, Fisher, Mundy, Adcock, Mackie, Grimes, Raines (Broughton, Petrenko)
Midfield: Gibbs, Selwood, Hayes, Cornes, S Tuck, Coughlan (Beams, Anthony)
Rucks: Cox, Kreuzer (Jacobs, Spencer)
Forwards: Davis, Deledio, Giansiracusa, Franklin, Higgins, N Brown, Sidebottom (Warren, Ballantyne)

9 Trades left
$190 200 in the kitty.

Not looking for suggestions as to possible trades that sould be made to my team, just where I am at in regards to everyone else.

That's a handy team, your midfield is definately a lot better than mine, though your forward line seems a bit weak to me. And a team that has Raines on the park looks like it could do with some help in defence.

That's a handy team, your midfield is definately a lot better than mine, though your forward line seems a bit weak to me. And a team that has Raines on the park looks like it could do with some help in defence.

I was thinking the opposite, his foward line looks good, If i had this team i would look at upgrading Higgins, leaving Sidebottom as the 7th foward all year as he will average 70 IMO.

Then look at upgrading Coughlan to Bartell/Swan/Ablett in 2 weeks.

Would leave you with 6 trades for injuries, possible future upgrades if your lucky.

Just my thoughts anyway.

Yeah my backline is definitely my weakest part of the field. Im worried i will run out of trades too early though.

If i keep trading to reach my final team, the trades ive roughly planned out are:

Next week.. Higgins > Riewoldt ( wait for his price to drop lower)
And if Muston shows get close to backing up his peformance
Beams > Muston.

Once Broughton starts making money im hoping to upgrade him to a Lockyer/ Goddard type player and having Raines as my 8th back where he can be downgraded later on for my final upgrades Sidebottom/ Grimes/ Coughlan.

That would be the ideal plan. I dont want it to be round 15 though and i have no trades left.

I'm going to go Higgins > Gia this week, and downgrade Cheney > Broughton this week for some extra cash.

That should leave me with enough cash to upgrade either Walker or Ziebell next week to a premium forward (my eye is on SJ or Riewoldt).

That will pretty much finalise my forward line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Walker to
Franklin, ROK, B Johnson, or Brennan???

Who's the best price vs. scoring potentional at the moment?

will be upgrading either suban or raines this week to enright/mackie. both have break evens of 30 odd but having to start both of them is doing my head in.
Guess it will be suban as raines has the better potential ( no matter how terrible he has been)

Also doing tuck to anyone, would love swan but cross is looking like really good value and the spare cash may help me get roo or bartel in the coming weeks....

in a pickle of weather i trade walker for someone like austin and keep him on my bench (this will mean im starting steele) or trade walker to ROK and put steele on my bench

also unsure who to trade in for swan between rich and zaha, both have the same break even and i can afford both of them
rich is playing kangas and zaha playing geelong

thoughts?

Raines is a tough one.

Ive got suban on the pine who is already 200k (just about anyway), but using a double upgrade for raines is a bit much really. I think i will just wait. I will probably look to get hodge into my final team once he's fit and firing - if the gap between suban and hodge is smaller, raines will get shifted to the bench. Thankfully, that means raines has a couple of weeks to actually do something (due to hodge being injured). Until then, im stuck with the delima of who to start out of raines/suban/broughton :p

sounds like good logic to me. I guess we will have to wait and see if muston is the real deal.

Im going all out over the next few weeks, not happy with my run of injuries and poor form :(

houlihan > lockyer ($227,100 left)
higgins > ballantyne/bubble boy ($469,200)
then
t.tuck > bartel ($267,400)
zaharakis > kornes ($152,400)
then
grimes/sidebottom/warren > gun

if i do this, my worst players in each position will be: Grimes, hasleby, hmac, warren/sidebottom. Right now i could possibly have 2 zeroes in the backs if gram/houlihan/broughton dont play.

Looks pretty good, but will only leave me with 5 trades to carry out the year o.o
although my team would be almost complete. Thoughts?

:) :) :)

OK guys, I'm a bit stuck and after some advice. My current team is:

Bock, Cornes, Lockyer, Fisher, Geary, Hill, Grimes (Raines/Petrenko)

Ablett, Selwood J, Swan, Gibbs, Coughlan, Rich (Hartlett, DeBoer)

Cox, HMac (Jacobs, Browne)

Riewoldt, S Johnson, Pavlich, Deledio, Gia, Higgins, Ziebell (Walker, W Thompson)

Got 66k in the bank and am low on trades

Looking at my side prior to the Higgins news I thought I only had Ziebell to upgrade in forwards, Rich in mids and 2 of Geary Hill Grimes.

With injuries / low trades I am thinking I may have to keep Ziebell, Geary and possible Grimes although ideally I'd like to keep 1 of Grimes or Geary as 7th back and upgrade the other.

If Broughton is named this week I'm likely to do Hill to Broughton - I need some cash flow.

Raines id doing my head in - kept him since round 1 and has now had 2 crap scores since coming back and gone up a huge 2k in price. Do I cut my losses with him and upgrade now or just let him sit on the bank and hope he turns things around?

Clearly my defence is overall my weakest area and there are some options like Mackie, Enright, Adcock, Ryder, Newman that look tempting. However at the moment there are some nice upgrade options for Rich appearing in the midfield - Cross, Kornes, Salopek

I wasn't even going to worry about my forwards for a while but Higgins is a concern. Either out for up to 6 weeks or playing on with an injury - Is his output likely to drop. Is he more likely to play solely as a forward? Will he pick up where he left off when he comes back? ROK and Buddy looking like good options for a good price at the moment.

So my options are:

1 - Hill to Broughton Raines to Mackie/Adcock type

2 - Hill to Broughton Higgins to Buddy/ROK

3 - Hill to Broughton Rich to Cross/Kornes or even spend a bit more for Murphy/Pendles

4 - Raines to Broughton, Higgins to ROK/Buddy

5 - Hill to Broughton and weigh things up for next week althoguh am keen to get on Muston next week.

6 - Raines to Broughton and weigh things up next week although see above re Muston

I don't mind keeping Raines on the bench but having 2 players on the bench effectively doing nothing on the bench in the backs is a worry.

I'm also wondering what peoples thoughts are for those of us low on trades on this idea:

Doing less upgrades than you intended ie keep the likes of Ziebell, Grimes, Geary in your final side but use your cash to get the real gun scoring players so for me turning Hill into Goddard, Rich into Bartel and Higgins into say Leon davis or Chappy and keeping the rest of your side with a few guys averaging around 70. Just something to think about for those low on trades. You don't end up with your full side of premiums types but a number of absolute guns and leaving say 3 or 4 players who you had not intended to be keepers. Just something to think about anyway. I'm new at this so it was just something that popped into my head. No point having heaps of cah left over with no trades.

Well - after spending the last hour planning out my trading strategy through to the end of Round 13. I have decided (pending selections) to go for another double trade this week:

T.Tuck > Swan
Petrenko > Broughton

Swannies massive game has left me heart-breakingly short of doing the upgrade without a downgrade.

Still - all things going well (which they won't!) I can then get through to the start of Round 14 with hopefully a virtually completed team and 7 trades left from the last 9 rounds (a little short of what I'd like).

My risks are that I'll be carrying all of Hodge, Hoops, Higgins, and Chapman for another month - so they will all need to repay me with massive finishes to the season.

OK guys, I'm a bit stuck and after some advice. My current team is:

Bock, Cornes, Lockyer, Fisher, Geary, Hill, Grimes (Raines/Petrenko)

Ablett, Selwood J, Swan, Gibbs, Coughlan, Rich (Hartlett, DeBoer)

Cox, HMac (Jacobs, Browne)

Riewoldt, S Johnson, Pavlich, Deledio, Gia, Higgins, Ziebell (Walker, W Thompson)

Got 66k in the bank and am low on trades

Looking at my side prior to the Higgins news I thought I only had Ziebell to upgrade in forwards, Rich in mids and 2 of Geary Hill Grimes.

With injuries / low trades I am thinking I may have to keep Ziebell, Geary and possible Grimes although ideally I'd like to keep 1 of Grimes or Geary as 7th back and upgrade the other.

If Broughton is named this week I'm likely to do Hill to Broughton - I need some cash flow.

Raines id doing my head in - kept him since round 1 and has now had 2 crap scores since coming back and gone up a huge 2k in price. Do I cut my losses with him and upgrade now or just let him sit on the bank and hope he turns things around?

Clearly my defence is overall my weakest area and there are some options like Mackie, Enright, Adcock, Ryder, Newman that look tempting. However at the moment there are some nice upgrade options for Rich appearing in the midfield - Cross, Kornes, Salopek

I wasn't even going to worry about my forwards for a while but Higgins is a concern. Either out for up to 6 weeks or playing on with an injury - Is his output likely to drop. Is he more likely to play solely as a forward? Will he pick up where he left off when he comes back? ROK and Buddy looking like good options for a good price at the moment.

So my options are:

1 - Hill to Broughton Raines to Mackie/Adcock type

2 - Hill to Broughton Higgins to Buddy/ROK

3 - Hill to Broughton Rich to Cross/Kornes or even spend a bit more for Murphy/Pendles

4 - Raines to Broughton, Higgins to ROK/Buddy

5 - Hill to Broughton and weigh things up for next week althoguh am keen to get on Muston next week.

6 - Raines to Broughton and weigh things up next week although see above re Muston

I don't mind keeping Raines on the bench but having 2 players on the bench effectively doing nothing on the bench in the backs is a worry.

I'm also wondering what peoples thoughts are for those of us low on trades on this idea:

Doing less upgrades than you intended ie keep the likes of Ziebell, Grimes, Geary in your final side but use your cash to get the real gun scoring players so for me turning Hill into Goddard, Rich into Bartel and Higgins into say Leon davis or Chappy and keeping the rest of your side with a few guys averaging around 70. Just something to think about for those low on trades. You don't end up with your full side of premiums types but a number of absolute guns and leaving say 3 or 4 players who you had not intended to be keepers. Just something to think about anyway. I'm new at this so it was just something that popped into my head. No point having heaps of cah left over with no trades.

Well personally I think it's better to save a trade then get broughton who knows when he will play or even if.

And there are some bargains like ROK, Buddy, Kornes, so why would you spend an extra 100k when you can get someone whose going to score just as much.

Also Didak, Daisy, Medhurst, all will be back so I think neon leons output will be greatly affected.

ps my first year to haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back