Autopsy Trade Discussions III

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Richmond has been recruiting very well recently, additions like Ellis and Vlastuin are good additions to players like Cotchin, Deledio, Martin and Conca. Richmond supporters should be very confident looking forward. I think the Tigers are still a bit vulnerable when Cotchin and Deledio are well held. Martin usually steps up but atm the midfield is still a bit young and inexperienced and do not step up across the board.

We have different strengths and weaknesses so hard to compare the sides but even when Swallow went down we continued to win contested possession and clearances and maintain a healthy differential. Our weakness was the defensive side of the game, something we have looked to address during the off-season.

I think the Richmond forward line is in part the problem with the side at present, Reiwoldt isn't dominating as much as he used to and teams are doing better at zoning him and Richmond tries to bomb it in to him quickly to give him enough supply, that was a disaster against us because we score better from defensive rebound than we do from centre clearances so teams that bomb it into our defensive 50 usually get burnt on the rebound.

Richmond need to make better decisions going forward, also need to get more consistent help for Reiwoldt going forwards. Edwards improved as the year went on but Vickery needs to step up and either McBean or Hampson provide good enough options so the opposition have to worry about their man more than Reiwoldt.

I think our clubs will both rise up for years to come and hopefully contend against eachother in the future.

For us we still have McKenzie, Garner and Harper and now McDonald and Dal Santo who will add to our midfield, I think while our midfield is solid now, we got the bulk of our inside early who take longer to mature and develop, most of our younger outside haven't had an overly large amount of exposure to date. We still have stodgy players like Anthony, Gibson, etc who will get phased out for more talented players.

Riewoldt hasn’t “dominated” as much because we have changed his role. He lead the comp for score assists this year on the back of winning two Colemans. Hardwick understands that for us to be a better team we need to be less reliant on him. When our team panics we bomb long to him but we will improve on that as our side develops. Hardwick has acknowledged that our movement forward is not efficient and as a result we make goals look harder than they should be. Just as you hope to improve your defence we hope to improve our work inside 50.

I disagree with you that we are too reliant on Cotchin and Deledio. Both had very sub par years by their standards and we still were able to finish 5th in the H&A season and have game plan that yielded the 3rd best defence in the AFL behind the Swans and Freo.

I hope for your sake you improve, after all the Roos have only finished between 8th-10th since Scott has been appointed. You had better hope all these off-field appointments work as your side has well and truly run out of excuses. The pressure is on.

Why are people losing it over not getting compo for White. He was a depth player who had 1 half decent season in 8 years. Even on $300k at Port it's only slightly over the AFL average for all players so that was never going to be enough either.

The 2013 NAB AFL Draft Order after the allocation of compensation draft picks for free agents.

Round One
1. GWS
2. Melbourne
3. St Kilda
4. Western Bulldogs
5. Gold Coast
6. West Coast
7. Brisbane
8. North Melbourne
9. GWS (Gary Ablett compensation)
10. Collingwood
11. Collingwood (Dale Thomas compensation)
12. Richmond
13. Carlton
14. Port Adelaide
15. Sydney
16. Geelong
17. Fremantle
18. St Kilda (exchanged by Hawthorn for Ben McEvoy)
19. Hawthorn (Lance Frankling compensation)

Compensation
20. Gold Coast (Nathan Bock compensation)

Round Two
21. GWS
22. Melbourne
23. Melbourne (Colin Sylvia compensation)
24. St Kilda
25. St Kilda (Nick Dal Santo compensation)
26. Western Bulldogs
27. Gold Coast
28. West Coast
29. Brisbane
30. North Melbourne
31. Collingwood
32. Carlton (exchanged by Richmond for Shaun Hampson)
33. Carlton
34. Port Adelaide
35. Sydney
36. Geelong
37. Fremantle
38. Hawthorn

Round Three
39. GWS
40. Melbourne
41. St Kilda
42. Western Bulldogs
43. Gold Coast
44. West Coast
45. Brisbane
46. Adelaide
47. North Melbourne
48. Essendon
49. Collingwood
50. Richmond
51. Carlton
52. Port Adelaide
53. Sydney
54. Geelong
55. Fremantle
56. Hawthorn

Round Four
57. GWS
58. Fremantle (exchanged by Melbourne for Viv Michie)
59. St Kilda
60. Western Bulldogs
61. Gold Coast
62. West Coast
63. Brisbane
64. Adelaide
65. North Melbourne
66. Essendon
67. Collingwood
68. Richmond
69. Carlton
70. Port Adelaide
71. Sydney
72. Geelong
73. Fremantle
74. Hawthorn

Why are people losing it over not getting compo for White. He was a depth player who had 1 half decent season in 8 years. Even on $300k at Port it's only slightly over the AFL average for all players so that was never going to be enough either.
You implying clubs have 12,000,000 of cap space?

Norf just picked up Dal Santo.
Nice pick up as they actually need that 'give-off player' that has poise and balance.
So Norf have improved their list. FACT.

images

SO WTF HAVE WE DONE?

NOTHING UNLESS YOU COUNT A MODEL'S BOYFRIEND WHO CAN'T GET A GIG AT ANOTHER CLUB.

FAIL RICHMOND. :thumbsdown:

OUR MEMBERSHIPS AREN'T PAYING THOSE AT THE CLUB PEANUTS, SO WE DON'T NEED THEM TO ACT LIKE MONKEYS.
We don't need to make 5 trades every year. We're backing in our development.

You implying clubs have 12,000,000 of cap space?

Cap for 2013 is $9.139m divide by 38 senior listed players = $240,500 average per player. So again a $300k deal isn't that much above the average, when you consider you top shelf players are earning at minimum twice that amount.

Cap for 2013 is $9.139m divide by 38 senior listed players = $240,500 average per player. So again a $300k deal isn't that much above the average, when you consider you top shelf players are earning at minimum twice that amount.
Wouldn't that mean the majority are more in the 100-200k range?

Nice pick up as they actually need that 'give-off player' that has poise and balance.

images

SO WTF HAVE WE DONE?

NOTHING UNLESS YOU COUNT A MODEL'S BOYFRIEND WHO CAN'T GET A GIG AT ANOTHER CLUB.

OUR MEMBERSHIPS AREN'T PAYING THOSE AT THE CLUB PEANUTS, SO WE DON'T NEED THEM TO ACT LIKE MONKEYS.

Acting like monkeys would be going out and trading for the sake of trading just to keep a handful of members happy as it looks like the club is doing something. Acting like monkeys would be getting in a bidding war with the Pies over Adams and blowing our payment structure to shit.

Instead of that what we did was sign up everyone that we wanted to keep and who wanted to be here for the right price. What we did was go out with a minimum of fuss on day 1 of trading and secure a ruckman to both back up Maric and to also improve the overall structure of the side. What we did was go out and sign up a couple more development coaches. What we did was keep a hold of our own first round pick which will allow us to pick up another quality kid in the draft.

But I guess that just isn't good enough for some. Oh well Richmond better pick up your game next week and make some drastic moves that keep the minority of members happy.

With 1st pick at 12 and the next at 50, we better nail our 1st pick, no risky or WTF is that pick.
Still have this feeling, don't know why, that we may try to get back into the 2 nd or early 3rd round somehow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't that mean the majority are more in the 100-200k range?

That's not the point, the AFL average wage is still $240k when you divide the caps equally among every player. Which means that Whites reported $300k(believe it's more like $250K) isn't going to be good enough to provide us with a compo pick for losing him.

I think Essendon and North are clearly ahead of us. I agree we have more talent in our youth. Frankly I think North will be another Bulldogs, up their but not quite good enough. Bombers might win in 3 years before they dip. IMO our real surge should be in about 3 years in terms of genuine contention and if we trade/draft appropriately now adding more quality to our when we surge with possible FA in 2-3yrs then we should have the quality to put ourselves in a position to actually win as opposed to making up the numbers. Thats why IMO we should be chasing draft picks now IMO

What makes you think that Magic?

-Lost to us in our most recent encounter by ~30-40 points
-Finished with fewer wins than us this year (14 to 15)
-Finished with a lower percentage
-No draft picks for 2 years
-About to be smashed by ASADA and have a large chunk of their list wiped out

They are closer to a spoon than they are to a flag.

Melbourne flogs think they beat us for Tyson

LOL

They did.

We didnt get him. They did. They beat us. Pretty simple l think.

Well done to them, it was a very good deal for them. We can talk about it all we like, but we had the chance last year and didnt take it.

Thankfully, Vlastuin is a jet, so its deuce at the moment....

images

SO WTF HAVE WE DONE?

Which goes back to my original point mate, which me and you continually get abused about... if its a salary cap issue, our club is run by monkeys. To be so tight on cash, if true, is just negligent.

They did.

We didnt get him. They did. They beat us. Pretty simple l think.

Well done to them, it was a very good deal for them. We can talk about it all we like, but we had the chance last year and didnt take it.

Thankfully, Vlastuin is a jet, so its deuce at the moment....

Doesn't count, we weren't trying this year ;)

And they keep stockpiling top 5 picks each year by putting players up for trade who are either just good enough to be in their starting 22 or are good enough but ??? marks over recent injuries, like a Tyson.Bookmark this for next year,Patton will be put up for Trade.
While they continue to get top pics for trades thay can keep doing this for years to come unless other clubs have the balls to not trade with them at all for top picks.
What peevs me off about this,Is we were crap for 30 friggen years and these new franchises come into town and get a leg up like you wouldn't believe.How different would we have been 10ys ago if we got even a 1/3rd of the assistance(Draft pick wise)That GWS have got.:mad:

True but with a lot of help from Benny Gale the coaches etc. we have managed to cleared our debt, build ourselves a decent training facility, have our own reserves team and we finally have full time recruitment officers:D

We know as supporters that we did it ourselves as a club, FTF, bigger membership etc. we have all hung in there through all those shit years and finally we seem to be getting some reward for our patience.

When we win our next flag we know that we will have earned the damn thing without cheating or charity from the AFL, I cant wait.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Trade Discussions III

Remove this Banner Ad

Back