Autopsy Trade Discussions III

Remove this Banner Ad

When you trade a contracted player, can the new contract be shorter than the existing contract?

i.e. in 2019 when Franklin is useless and Sydney is last, could we trade with Sydney, offer Franklin a contract for pocket change in exchange for their pick number 1?

We get pick 1, they get salary cap space that Franklin (by then a dead weight) would have been taking up.

Not sure how the rules work

When you trade a contracted player, can the new contract be shorter than the existing contract?

i.e. in 2019 when Franklin is useless and Sydney is last, could we trade with Sydney, offer Franklin a contract for pocket change in exchange for their pick number 1?

We get pick 1, they get salary cap space that Franklin (by then a dead weight) would have been taking up.

Not sure how the rules work

Cant see why, Provided all 3 parties agree to the terms
The trouble the AFL will have is that it will bring a massive issue about how they questioned sydey about the term of the contract and told them it must be included in their cap for 9 year - They cant police a trade to another club and demand a club to have it in their TPP if the new club agrees

Okay, card me then?
Just trying to start some decent conversation instead of "let's give up pick 12 and 27 for Dylan Shiel"

Sorry, probably a bit harsh and it's not a personal thing, but the amount of s*** on facebook is truly astounding. No need to post it here imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is this talk of gumbleton
being traded for a pick in the 50's????
I was reliably informed he is worth a late first round/2nd round minimum?
What's going on?

if the lions are sniffing after astbury, i would not be surprised one bit, lepper has obviously had many tussles with him on the track and astbury would be an important and vital cog in brisbanes plans if true.... i hope he stays im expecting massive years from both foley and astbury and both lock ins for best 22 by round 1, 2014 me thinks..

if the lions are sniffing after astbury, i would not be surprised one bit, lepper has obviously had many tussles with him on the track and astbury would be an important and vital cog in brisbanes plans if true.... i hope he stays im expecting massive years from both foley and astbury and both lock ins for best 22 by round 1, 2014 me thinks..
If Grimes can stay injury free, Asthury wont get a game as Chaplin, Rance and Grimes will all hold the KPD spots.

Sent from my GT-I9507 using Tapatalk

What is this talk of gumbleton
being traded for a pick in the 50's????
I was reliably informed he is worth a late first round/2nd round minimum?
What's going on?

Got a feeling that in the next 2 days you'll see a deal along the lines of:
Fremantle get Gumbleton & 26
Dogs get Crameri
Essendon get pick 17 & 37

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Trade Discussions III

Remove this Banner Ad

Back