List Mgmt. Trade & Draft Discussion 2023 post season - Picks Reid,30,40,49,66 (Bush league)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Eagles fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Keys you may like to sticky this post & move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread if you have one.

6 picks inside Top 25 is pretty wild. Phuckin North.

I'd be looking to utilise 22 and a future pick to try move into the teens. Go to the draft with 1, 15 (?), 36 and 43.

Add Brockman and Flynn. Draft BPA at 15 or what not. Take Reid at 1.

Reid could be our Daicos. It didn't take Collingwood much to rebuild into a title contender. Land on a couple picks, get a extremely high calibre young player, get your quality senior players healthy, and build a gamestyle that stacks up...

Even if we did, what's the big deal?

People getting far too wrapped up in the media hype surrounding draftees right now - which is exactly what the AFL want really.
I think most of us would be ropable if we traded Harley for Curtin and a bunch of picks where the talent supposedly drops off

Yeah but it still doesnt address the query around GC taking 10 picks into a draft if they dont have that number of list spaces. I understand that they may only take 3 or 4 players with those picks (so not to exceed the max number of players), but I am still sure that you cant enter a draft with more picks than available spots.
I'm pretty sure you are correct but it wouldn't surprise me if its just another concession that GC get outside the rules for all the other clubs.

I hope it happens but if J.Walter goes at 1 & E.Read at 5 which I think is possible those 10 picks are eaten up by both those players if they match bids even with the 20% discount.

After this they would still have to match J.Rodgers who could go in the 10/15 region & W.Graham who could also go first round.

Id imagine ROB and Duane would have interviewed Reid and asked the question,
“How would you react if we bid on Walter with pick 1 and select you with pick 2?”

I dont really see much upside in bidding for Walter. Some years there is benefit in making the side pay up but dont see that for us this year.

This made me laugh

North board :
"Reid may have spoken with Clarko already and has that effect. West coast are going no where as a club. It’s a easy choice for him"

He's seems to forget we won a flag just a few years ago and historically bounce back very quickly when we bottom out.

Clubs are throwing away mid range picks like confetti to get into the first round with talk that recruiters don’t like the depth in this draft

Tom Morris said this morning one recruiter told him there could be as few as 45 selections this draft which seems wild

Melbourne giving away 27 and 35 just to move from 14 to 11 supports that though

Yeah but it still doesnt address the query around GC taking 10 picks into a draft if they dont have that number of list spaces. I understand that they may only take 3 or 4 players with those picks (so not to exceed the max number of players), but I am still sure that you cant enter a draft with more picks than available spots.

Monocle AsterixTheGaul Eastcoasteagle Im sure one of you can confirm if my reading is true or false?

You can doubt all you want, or you can just open the link and read the document. It clearly contemplates you can enter the dradt with more picks than spots. 7.15 says you can pass. This indicates you have may have spots avaiable, but are passing. Nowhere in that doc does it require you to have the same amount of picks as spots open on your list.
1697002410247.png

This made me laugh

North board :
"Reid may have spoken with Clarko already and has that effect. West coast are going no where as a club. It’s a easy choice for him"

He's seems to forget we won a flag just a few years ago and historically bounce back very quickly when we bottom out.
They keep forgetting the fact that Reid doesn't actually have a choice. WCE does.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clubs are throwing away mid range picks like confetti to get into the first round with talk that recruiters don’t like the depth in this draft

Tom Morris said this morning one recruiter told him there could be as few as 45 selections this draft which seems wild

Yep which is why a bunch of late teens/early 20s picks isn't going to get pick 1.
We'll want two top 10, one being top 5 and probably a mid teen.

Yeah heard the same 50 max

See I Told You GIF by CBS

I think most of us would be ropable if we traded Harley for Curtin and a bunch of picks where the talent supposedly drops off

My first preference: I want Reid.

Second: Picks 2 & 3

If ROB trades for 2, 8 and 19 I'd be somewhat bewildered, but then I'd also take into consideration that these guys have put a fair amount of time into considering what they think is best for the club moving forward and trust them somewhat.

Have they messed up drafts before? Yes.

Have they absolutely smashed drafts? That's a yes too.

Let's not forget it's the media hyping up our interest in Curtin purely as they believe him to be the highest rated WA prospect, which (in their feeble minds) mean we should automatically want him more than any other player.

Sheldrick would be nice but just no way in the world the Swans would let him go whilst under contract

We'd need to put the work in and try and get him when he's out of contract down the track
Adams on a 3 year deal could see Sheldrick out of the side, or at least out of the midfield. Maybe he could be swayed at the end of next year if he plays mostly VFL.

You’re right that the Swans wouldn’t want him to go, especially now Dylan Stephens has left.

If ROB trades for 2, 8 and 19 I'd be somewhat bewildered, but then I'd also take into consideration that these guys have put a fair amount of time into considering what they think is best for the club moving forward and trust them somewhat.
I guess if we got 2, 8, 19 and those picks becamse McKercher, Curtin/O'Sullivan, and Collard, would we be happy to miss out on Reid?

It's putting a lot on the shoulders of Curtin to slide, or O'Sullivan to be a gun, and for Collard to not flame out.

I guess if we got 2, 8, 19 and those picks becamse McKercher, Curtin/O'Sullivan, and Collard, would we be happy to miss out on Reid?

It's putting a lot on the shoulders of Curtin to slide, or O'Sullivan to be a gun, and for Collard to not flame out.

I think (and fairly) people would be annoyed in the short term. The choice seems obvious, take the best player available.

Would that feeling disappear when we win a flag in 2027 with those 3 and North fold in 2029 with Reid on their list?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back