List Mgmt. Trade & Draft UltraThread- Warning, May Contain Speculation #combinethethreads

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tim Kelly would become West Coast’s best player if he was traded from Geelong, according to dual premiership Kangaroo David King.

And against Kelly’s Cats on Friday night, the Eagles finished with the second-worst post-clearance groundball differential ever recorded in a final.

I'd have him well behind Yeo... Shuey also ahead but on par with Gaff.

This is Kelly vs Sheed 🤔

Now i don't know about you lads, but i don't see a HUGE difference between the pair. Dom holds his own pretty well actually.

Dom has him for Disposals, effective disposals, marks, disposal efficiency, inside 50's, less clangers and intercepts.

We know how much Sheed gets roasted on here and yet there isn't a particular stat Kelly flogs him in other than tackles.

Either Dom is underrated or Kelly is overrated. Kelly is 'slightly' better in a range of statistics, but that's about it.

So does Kelly instantly become our best mid? Not sure about that, i'd still have him behind Yeo and Shuey personally unless he goes up a gear.

I know raw stats aren't everything, but it adds another layer of perspective. Is Sheed worth 2 first rounders? Hell to the no.

I agree with his reply, just hope in the unknown I guess.
Don't want Mallen going elsewhere and killing it. For AhChee, we are the elsewhere and he isn't killing it.
I guess it depends what we are looking for. Some seasoned depth that can play at the highest level in multiple roles, in which case Ah Chee is the one, or potential, in which case there may be an argument for MAllen over Ah Chee but MAllen has been on our list a long time as well and not made a senior debut and there seem to be good reasons for that (i.e. he simply isn't quite good enough).

I would have no issue if both were delisted but I think Ah Chee offers us way more as depth and if it was one or the other, I would retain Ah Chee. That said, I have an issue with Ah Chee's lack of second and third efforts and that to me is what holds him back from being a regular at senior level (and from dominating in WAFL). He has all the tools.

Kelly definitely doesn't become our best mid, on top form Shuey and Yeo have him covered and Sheed almost on par.

This is Kelly vs Sheed 🤔

View attachment 748680

Now i don't know about you lads, but i don't see a HUGE difference between the pair. Dom holds his own pretty well actually.

Dom has him for Disposals, effective disposals, marks, disposal efficiency, inside 50's, less clangers and intercepts.

We know how much Sheed gets roasted on here and yet there isn't a particular stat Kelly flogs him in other than tackles.

Either Dom is underrated or Kelly is overrated. Kelly is 'slightly' better in a range of statistics, but that's about it.

So does Kelly instantly become our best mid? Not sure about that, i'd still have him behind Yeo and Shuey personally unless he goes up a gear.

I know raw stats aren't everything, but it adds another layer of perspective. Is Sheed worth 2 first rounders? Hell to the no.
Kelly is definitely slightly overrated. I still dont see how he is worth 2 first rounders.

This is Kelly vs Sheed 🤔

View attachment 748680

This is good DS can you gather more info like this and I'll take it to the " Tim Kelly " thread or maybe I'll paste your post and runaway !!

Kelly is well and truly overrated because there's a lot of this going on in Victoria

Related image

Minute he leaves they'll all start picking apart his game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is Kelly vs Sheed 🤔

View attachment 748680

I think it has a lot to do with the romance of it all. Smooth mover against a plodder etc. I have said before, I hope we don"t over pay. Pretty surprising post from you DS, I don't follow the forum enough, I didn't realise you actually had some footy acumen. ;)

Elijah Taylor is a relative of Tim Kelly maybe we keep our picks draft Taylor and we have a Kelly anyway !!
Taylor is a huge risk!
His u18 team mates voted him off the team for missing training and other issues but sumich was desperate to win to boost his head coaching aspirations so over ruled them
He couldnt last mpre than a day away from.home on a team trip once.
Would really have to improve his professionalism

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

This is Kelly vs Sheed

View attachment 748680

Metres gained per game for Kelly what does that tell us ?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

For argument's sake let's say Freo offers Tim Kelly 7 figures and Geelong get Freo's two top-6 picks (following the Hill trade). If we miss out on Kelly, who should we be targeting?

For argument's sake let's say Freo offers Tim Kelly 7 figures and Geelong get Freo's two top-6 picks (following the Hill trade). If we miss out on Kelly, who should we be targeting?

I hope Freo offer two top 6 picks for Kelly but in all honestly he won't cost anywhere near that.

Metres gained per game for Kelly what does that tell us ?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

That he moves the ball forward more than Sheed and earns more territory?

But the extra 60 odd metres he gets is arguably cancelled out by the fact Kelly has worse disposal efficiency, and more clangers/turnovers than Dom anyway 🤷‍♂️

Basically stat wise, there's nothing other than tackles which put's Kelly on a higher level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back