List Mgmt. Trade & Draft UltraThread- Warning, May Contain Speculation #combinethethreads

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That he moves the ball forward more than Sheed and earns more territory?

But the extra 60 odd metres he gets is arguably cancelled out by the fact Kelly has worse disposal efficiency, and more clangers/turnovers than Domanyway 🤷‍♂️

Basically stat wise, there's nothing other than tackles which put's Kelly on a higher level.
I would also argue goal kicking conversion rate from the pocket cancels out the metres gained.

I would also argue goal kicking conversion rate from the pocket cancels out the metres gained.

I love it when commentators refer to "that pocket" as Dom Sheed's pocket even in games we're not playing in.

Don't even care if they just refer to every pocket at every ground in the AFL as Dom Sheed's pocket.

Taylor is a huge risk!
His u18 team mates voted him off the team for missing training and other issues but sumich was desperate to win to boost his head coaching aspirations so over ruled them
He couldnt last mpre than a day away from.home on a team trip once.
Would really have to improve his professionalism

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Sounds like someone Geelong would like to draft.

That he moves the ball forward more than Sheed and earns more territory?

But the extra 60 odd metres he gets is arguably cancelled out by the fact Kelly has worse disposal efficiency, and more clangers/turnovers than Dom anyway 🤷‍♂️

Basically stat wise, there's nothing other than tackles which put's Kelly on a higher level.

The metres gained advantage means that Kelly is explosive and carries the ball more while breaking lines .. That is the attraction of Kelly and gets attention whereas Sheed tends to avoid a contest and gets cheap positions out on his own

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The metres gained advantage means that Kelly is explosive and carries the ball more while breaking lines .. That is the attraction of Kelly and gets attention whereas Sheed tends to avoid a contest and gets cheap positions out on his own

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Looks like we've found a naysayer errbody 🙋‍♂️

I don't think there's a single person who would prefer Sheed in their team. The comparison is to highlight that Kelly's market value seems to be inflated, much to the surprise of nobody.

When statistically speaking, his stats don't read all that different to our 4th most valuable midfielder, go figure 🤷‍♂️

Sheed getting 'cheap possessions out on his own' is debatable considering he almost matches Kelly for contested possessions and clearances from less game time.

This is Kelly vs Sheed 🤔

View attachment 748680

Now i don't know about you lads, but i don't see a HUGE difference between the pair. Dom holds his own pretty well actually.

Dom has him for Disposals, effective disposals, marks, disposal efficiency, inside 50's, less clangers and intercepts.

We know how much Sheed gets roasted on here and yet there isn't a particular stat Kelly flogs him in other than tackles.

Either Dom is underrated or Kelly is overrated. Kelly is 'slightly' better in a range of statistics, but that's about it.

So does Kelly instantly become our best mid? Not sure about that, i'd still have him behind Yeo and Shuey personally unless he goes up a gear.

I know raw stats aren't everything, but it adds another layer of perspective. Is Sheed worth 2 first rounders? Hell to the no.
Maybe throw this up on the Geelong board??

It’s a nothing article tbh but this bit caught my eye

“The key is how the Saints allow this to happen. He’s a four-time best and fairest player, so he’s clearly a good player.”

“The Saints’ priority is his mental health and there is a strong belief at the Saints that it’s better for Jack Steven if he’s in Geelong next year. He grew up down that way.

“What’s going to come back to the Saints for Jack Steven? It’ll be a mid to late pick, maybe a second-round pick, maybe a third-round pick.

Talking down Stevens trade value on the basis that it would be better for his mental health to play at a club closer to where he grew up

HE’S ALREADY IN THE SAME ****ING STATE

On this basis we should just be offering Geelong pick 13 on its own for Kelly because it’s better for his well being to return to WA

(Steven is still contracted to St Kilda for 2020 btw)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont know how the ratings were calculated but it can be a guide for us to argue the "for" and "against" of a player‘s value. (It might have been published before).
Note:
Yeo: 14
Shuey: 23
Kelly: 39
Sheed: 124

They had Gaff at 91.

Always tend to underrate wingmen in these types of ratings. Hence why Kelly got AA for being on the wing, when he isn't even a wingman.....

They had Gaff at 91.

Always tend to underrate wingmen in these types of ratings. Hence why Kelly got AA for being on the wing, when he isn't even a wingman.....

Brad Hill ranked 239, that's ridiculous.

Hey if player ratings are a thing to assess trade value Saints might as well just give Cockburn a 3rd rounder for him.

Kelly rated 39, Dom rated 124 :p

Dom is rated higher than - Taranto, Mcgrath, Worpel, Brad Hill, Brad Crouch, Viney, Rockliff, Zarahakis and most importantly Ellis Yolman.

I thought their rating system was broken, doesn't it reward players who stay on the park more or something?
Its based on the last 40 games or something like that. So if you have been injured in that time you wont be rated that highly. It also hurts players that dont play finals

True although Gaff has never scored well with that system as it ranks impact highly. Gaffs one of the lowest impact mids in the AFL.

Brad Hill only played 10 games last year. I think that explains his low ranking

Not trying to argue with you. But I would also say "impact" is value laden and subjective. By saying Gaff isn't impactful, are we saying he somehow doesn't make a huge contribution to our team.

AFL/CD statisticians prioritise certain roles over others and then media run with what AFL/CD say is important.

Hence why we were meant to finish outside the 8 last year. Because that is what the stats indicated.

If it's based on the past 40 games, then surely Dom is #1 :think:

He had a pretty decent game 25 games ago. With a fair amount of impact on the result I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back