List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2017/2018 - Refreshed (cont in part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many senior list spots do we have at the moment? Two? Yet we have three fairly high draft picks and have to also take Tyler Brown as father son. Then there's Sam Murray and Stewart Crameri.

It doesn't add up
Comes a lot closer if all three of Sinclair, Ramsay and Smith are delisted. Plus there's always the option of delisting a contracted player and potentially rookie listing them. Oxley could be a candidate there.

How many senior list spots do we have at the moment? Two? Yet we have three fairly high draft picks and have to also take Tyler Brown as father son. Then there's Sam Murray and Stewart Crameri.

It doesn't add up
I've got a solution. Don't sign Crameri.

Did they? I thought that you didn't get FA compo if you bring in FA. 2 in 2 out in Port's case.
Impey was a trade not FA, he hasn't been around long enough for FA eligibility.

The positive thing from Trade week (and a half) is that we haven't had one player request a trade out of the club. That has to be the first time in years that this has happened.

IMO this is a great sign that we have created a great culture in the club and that the boys feel success is just around the corner.

Or we have a team full of flogs that nobody wants

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not at all.

We're still talking very large sums of money, and unlike some sports we have strict (-ish) salary caps and no billionaire owners funding fiscal irresponsibility.

I absolutely want our club to do due diligence on any financial decision, particularly when we're talking 6-7 figures. (Or potentially 8 in the case of someone like Lynch)

We have $10m (soon 12?) to "play" with each year. I want the club to get the absolute most that they can out of that salary cap and with our resources available for trade/use (players/picks). That means being professional and measured about our spending - not rushing things through just for the sake of making it exciting for fans.

I see what your saying, but unfortunately the terms "due dilligence" and "financial decisions" l wouldnt be applying to our club unfortunately in recent times, which in turn had affected our ability this trade period.
Secondly can we stop with the Lynch to Collingwood talk. We will attempt to get him, so will another 16 clubs, plus the AFL will get involved, and make sure he is renumerated very well to stay at GC. Lets get through what will be a very tough year for the club next year first. We obviously are not going to bring in any neccesities this year onto the list eg a marking forward, leg speed and good skill levels. Next year's team will pretty much be the same as this year, so the challenge is huge to make finals.
Faith will be placed into Mayne (yuk), Cox (Unsure), Daicos, Brown, Kirby (Exciting but young), McClarty ( my opinion still 12 months away), Sinclair (injury prone), Broomhead (ability but lazy) and Aish (talented but lazy).
To me the pies may have missed some opportunities this trade period.

Last edited:
The AFL need to condense it down to 1 week this is ridiculous. Feel for Sarah Allen who has to give the trade update on the Pies website each day. Nothing to tell!

The trade period isn’t there for our enjoyment. These are players’ livelihoods we are talking about. Some players are making critical decisions about their futures and their family’s future. Priority should be given to their needs and time to make these decisions, not those of impatient supporters.

The club simply won't admit that Sier isn't up to it and never will be.

At best, at absolute best, with luck with injury and proper player development Brayden Sier will be as good as Rupert Wills.

Staggering that we are wasting a list spot on this dud for a third season in a row.

Admit the mistake, he should never have been drafted, let alone at pick 32, and move on.

Max Lynch I understand though, he was number one ruck in the VFL for a few games last year and held his own. High hopes for him, even if like most ruckman he will take a long time to show his full potential.
Hey Mattys. Serious question, I am not being a smart arse but what are you basing your assessment of Sier on.
He basically has been injured for his first two years with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back