List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2017/2018 - Refreshed (cont in part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dees piss Watts off, get pick 31 and will be helping Port pay for him, pretty hilarious

Positively laughable ..........

that they're not paying us to have him... FFS

How many 1st rounders did they give away to get em in?

The same number we give for Mayne and Wells. Applying the Kappa logic we nailed those deals.

Unfortunately there's two elements to picking up a player and you've ignored one of them.

Watch the "experts" give Port an A+++.

When we brought in Treloar, Howe and Aish in and upgraded our first selection (a second round pick), pretty sure all we got was a B+ in the Herald Sun.
Port has also lost Trengove and Impey. Impey was a top 20 pick a few years ago and Trengove is a decent swingman.

Trengove will be a significant loss. I don't particuarly rate Impey but he might come on a lot next season.

Mat

Please leave your dribble about mason to the new year
By the way what's your expectation
Mine is 26 goals , 20 goal assists ,150 hitouts and 40 marks
Which would make him a huge weapon IMO
Your expectation
Please post what performance you expect
20 goal assists that's laughable. He will play half a season at most can't see him managing anymore than 8-12 goals

20 goal assists that's laughable. He will play half a season at most can't see him managing anymore than 8-12 goals

I believe he's basing his output predictions on him playing a full season, Captain Negative

Yeah we all know your opinion
But I asked you a question in good faith
Your expectation is low I take it
WHAT'S THE PASS MARK FOR YOU

I wouldnt be comparing a 30 yr + investment to trading a AFL footballer....Your kidding right?

Not at all.

We're still talking very large sums of money, and unlike some sports we have strict (-ish) salary caps and no billionaire owners funding fiscal irresponsibility.

I absolutely want our club to do due diligence on any financial decision, particularly when we're talking 6-7 figures. (Or potentially 8 in the case of someone like Lynch)

We have $10m (soon 12?) to "play" with each year. I want the club to get the absolute most that they can out of that salary cap and with our resources available for trade/use (players/picks). That means being professional and measured about our spending - not rushing things through just for the sake of making it exciting for fans.

Yeah we all know your opinion
But I asked you a question in good faith
Your expectation is low I take it
WHAT'S THE PASS MARK FOR YOU
You asked for my expectation and that is it. I don't have a statistical pass mark for him. He is not a forward and it hurts us when he plays there. For him to get a pass mark he has to learn how to play forward and not be dead wood that fills the leading lanes and gets in everyone's way.

If the club is trying to get Lynch they obviously don't see him as the answer either as there is no way he would play if we had Lynch baring injury

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is a vast difference between us in 2016 and Port in 2017.

Port just made the finals. We were languishing in 12th position. Our list full of holes, a lack of KP players, a lack of quality outside run. Their list in much better shape, not the gaping holes we have. It makes sense for Port to think short-term, trade aggressively, top up on players while they are thereabouts. It made no sense for the 12th team to do that. We need(ed) to take a long term view and build the list.
Without going over this all again, we did a lot more last off season than just recruit Mayne and Wells, which seem to be the only deals that get brought up on review. WHE has been a solid pick up, Dunn was a steal and we still brought in 4 kids who project as best 22 through the draft despite not having a first round pick.

As for Port, this period could be the making of them. It also has shades of Brisbane circa 2009, where a team makes finals, overestimates where it's list is at and mortgages it's future.

When we brought in Treloar, Howe and Aish in and upgraded our first selection (a second round pick), pretty sure all we got was a B+ in the Herald Sun.

Grades done by the Richmond Media Mafia

The club simply won't admit that Sier isn't up to it and never will be.

At best, at absolute best, with luck with injury and proper player development Brayden Sier will be as good as Rupert Wills.

Staggering that we are wasting a list spot on this dud for a third season in a row.

Admit the mistake, he should never have been drafted, let alone at pick 32, and move on.

Max Lynch I understand though, he was number one ruck in the VFL for a few games last year and held his own. High hopes for him, even if like most ruckman he will take a long time to show his full potential.

At best, at absolute best, with luck with injury and proper player development Brayden Sier will be as good as Rupert Wills.

Staggering that we are wasting a list spot on this dud for a third season in a row.

Admit the mistake, he should never have been drafted, let alone at pick 32, and move on.

We have a few of Players on the List like Sier who are just NOT good Enough

And what have we given up compared to us? Howe has improved but his value wasn't that high when we got him

In trying to think of a way we could land Schache relatively cheap perhaps we could get involved in the Cameron trade.

Brisbane apparently don't want to give up pick 12 and Adelaide don't feel pick 18/20 is enough for Cameron.

Schache, pick 12 to Collingwood.

Pick 6, 20 to Adelaide.

Cameron, pick 10, 38, 54 to Brisbane.

Collingwood gain pick 12, Schache. Collingwood lose pick 6, 38.

Adelaide gain pick 6, 20. Adelaide lose pick 10, 54, Cameron.

Brisbane gain Cameron, pick 10, 38, 54. Brisbane lose Schache, pick 12, 20.

It's not perfect but....

Collingwood get Schache for a 3rd rounder and a 6 spot 1st round downgrade. Pick 12 best available or kpp defender like Balta.

Adelaide break even with slightly unders for Cameron when pick 54 is added in but do get a 4 spot 1st round upgrade.

Brisbane effectively swap Schache for Cameron and get a 2 spot 1st round upgrade. Pick 20 I'll admit is worth more points than 38 and 54 combined but they have retained pick 18 which could still be a live selection depending on when a bid comes for their academy player.

Max Lynch I understand though, he was number one ruck in the VFL for a few games last year and held his own. High hopes for him, even if like most ruckman he will take a long time to show his full potential.
Must be a very shallow draft

Must be a very shallow draft
How many senior list spots do we have at the moment? Two? Yet we have three fairly high draft picks and have to also take Tyler Brown as father son. Then there's Sam Murray and Stewart Crameri.

It doesn't add up

How many senior list spots do we have at the moment? Two? Yet we have three fairly high draft picks and have to also take Tyler Brown as father son. Then there's Sam Murray and Stewart Crameri.

It doesn't add up

Well I guess Ramsey be Traded or De-Listed and so Sinclair won't get a New Contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back