List Mgmt. Trade & F.A. 2017 (if a scenario sounds wrong - read on before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the end of the day Reid is worth a early/mid second round pick. If Reid wants to come to us we offer him a figure that Sydney will match and trade a second rounder.

Over paying for average players just so you don't use draft picks is one of the worst list management decisions I've heard.

Bit Hard to Trade a 2nd Rounder when we already Traded it for WHE

Bit Hard to Trade a 2nd Rounder when we already Traded it for WHE
Then you find a way to get one. They aren't hard to find. Wasting salary cap which is the most precious thing in list management isn't the answer.

And they would be right, no team in their right mind would pay a second rounder for him, some teams wouldn't even want to waste a list spot on him, we got taken to the cleaners in that trade.

Well then we must have a ton of List Cloggers then:rolleyes:

So when you think D.Swan, Nathan Buckley, Chris Judd, Ablett jnr, Lance Franklin, Scott Pendlebury, you think of Jordan Lewis?

As I said great player and in a great side but not in the *Elite* bracket in my eyes, I guess it depends on how you classify elite. Elite in my eyes is meant to be the best of the best.

Team success is not a determiner for raising an individuals status.

Otherwise J.Lewis was a better player then Nathan Buckley.
Of those players you mentioned, 50% were picked long after the 1st round...

Rewinding to Friday nights speculation.

I would suspect that our interest in Casboult hinges on our pursuit of Sam Reid. On a weekend in which Wright and Lobb failed to fire a shot for 3/4's of their respective matches it was an opportune time for Casboult and Reid to have strong performances in the air. That said, beware the contract year bounce!

Chrispiesssss are you coming around on Jenkins yet as the best in that role league wide?

On a separate note. Brayden Fiorini is performing mighty well for a 19yo with 10 games to his name. His form is substantially better than what we've had from all of Greenwood, Phillips, Aish, Broomhead, Blair and Crocker in 2017. The more I see the more I like if he's interested in a move. Ditto Bailey Dale!

I would suspect that our interest in Casboult hinges on our pursuit of Sam Reid. On a weekend in which Wright and Lobb failed to fire a shot for 3/4's of their respective matches it was an opportune time for Casboult and Reid to have strong performances in the air. That said, beware the contract year bounce!

Chrispiesssss are you coming around on Jenkins yet as the best in that role league wide?

On a separate note. Brayden Fiorini is performing mighty well for a 19yo with 10 games to his name. His form is substantially better than what we've had from all of Greenwood, Phillips, Aish, Broomhead, Blair and Crocker in 2017. The more I see the more I like if he's interested in a move. Ditto Bailey Dale!

Bailey Dale was the one I wish we'd gotten for Cloke. I would have held firm.

Is Jenkins gettable? He'd be the best performing of the stop gap key forwards discussed. He's playing at a high standard and has for some time. The only question mark is his age. But it would fit our list perfectly while we develop a key forward.

Bailey Dale was the one I wish we'd gotten for Cloke. I would have held firm.

It was never going to happen given discussions that took place on here. They never budged from 76 and whilst I would have held him to his contract the club decided not to. Dale is still an option if we're prepared to chase him, IMO.

Is Jenkins gettable? He'd be the best performing of the stop gap key forwards discussed. He's playing at a high standard and has for some time. The only question mark is his age. But it would fit our list perfectly while we develop a key forward.

Jenkins isn't gettable. IMO, his contract is too inhibiting (almost Tippett levels) and he's well entrenched at Adelaide.

McGovern is the watch from the Crows, IMO. He is ranked elite for marks (only Howe, N Reiwoldt and Docherty are ahead with his brother and our own Reid nipping at his heels) and score involvements (ranked 8th league wide with the highest ratio of possessions to score involvements). For mine the kid can seriously play and warrants the sort of deal being touted for Reid and then some!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One good game. That's all.
Rather Andy Otten, UFA.

One good game. That's all.
Rather Andy Otten, UFA.

He's averaging 2.4 goals, 5.2 marks, 2.5 I50's, 6 hitouts and 13.4 possessions over the past 8 weeks. The only second ruck close to matching him over that time frame is Moore.

He's averaging 2.4 goals, 5.2 marks, 2.5 I50's, 6 hitouts and 13.4 possessions over the past 8 weeks. The only second ruck close to matching him over that time frame is Moore.

Isolating stats over a small sample size within a season is a dangerous method to evaluate the worth of mature players. The way I see Jenkins is he is worth more to the Crows than he would be to a lot of other sides.

I think Jenkins just signed a new contract last year, and Dale signed one this year I think.
Fiorini would be handy. Has some nice speed and balance that we could use through the midfield. We were considering him at one stage in his draft year weren't we?

Isolating stats over a small sample size within a season is a dangerous method to evaluate the worth of mature players. The way I see Jenkins is he is worth more to the Crows than he would be to a lot of other sides.

I don't consider 8 weeks within a season a small sample size...

It is your selecting a players best form. Why not use his full season averages?

You missed the initial discussion so that's largely irrelevant. That said he's played 2 other matches for the year and one he was injured within 5 minutes. Does one extra full game to draw from really impact the discussion?.. I'm not really keen to argue for the sake of it so I'll leave that question with you.

Sco, Fiorini - an interesting height and his profile says he has pace - I don't know much about him, does he play off the HBF or would he be able to (ditto Dale)?

Sco, Fiorini - an interesting height and his profile says he has pace - I don't know much about him, does he play off the HBF or would he be able to (ditto Dale)?

I don't believe he's a natural HBF, but I think he can play a role there (ala Dal Santo at North). The issue would probably be team balance because I'd look at him as a less competitive version of Maynard. Bringing him in to play that role pushes Maynard into another and a domino effect begins. At the very least he'd be an upgrade on what Smith has given us.

Long term though I think he'll be a 5-15 on a list quality inside/ outside mid. If he's keen on us (which it seems he is) then I see no reason why we shouldn't be making inquiries at the very least.

I don't believe he's a natural HBF, but I think he can play a role there (ala Dal Santo at North). The issue would probably be team balance because I'd look at him as a less competitive version of Maynard. Bringing him in to play that role pushes Maynard into another and a domino effect begins. At the very least he'd be an upgrade on what Smith has given us.

Long term though I think he'll be a 5-15 on a list quality inside/ outside mid. If he's keen on us (which it seems he is) then I see no reason why we shouldn't be making inquiries at the very least.

What is he's play style like? You mentioned Dal was that just positional or does he have a similar play style to him.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

What is he's play style like? You mentioned Dal was that just positional or does he have a similar play style to him.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

From a Collingwood perspective think Crisp 15-16, but a smoother version. Crisp always looks like he's about to fumble or slip over whereas Fiorini looks silkier. He'd step straight in and be a 20-25 ppg player in our system that can either play as a link man or core midfield minutes.

Trade treloar for a 1st rounder and get degoey into the middle where he belongs. Use the first rounder on a big.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back