List Mgmt. Trade & F.A. 2017 (if a scenario sounds wrong - read on before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trade Treloar at a loss?

One of the worst I've read.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

What a weird statement? Why (or how) would we trade him for more?
We currently have a midfield of butchers (minus Pendles), a lack of bigs and a classy bull playing out of position.
I'd be more than happy to cut our losses (and let's face it... it's a 2nd rounder wed have lost), trade him while he has value, move De Goey into a permanent midfield role and spend our 2 first rounders this years on bigs either through draft or trade.

What a weird statement? Why (or how) would we trade him for more?
We currently have a midfield of butchers (minus Pendles), a lack of bigs and a classy bull playing out of position.
I'd be more than happy to cut our losses (and let's face it... it's a 2nd rounder wed have lost), trade him while he has value, move De Goey into a permanent midfield role and spend our 2 first rounders this years on bigs either through draft or trade.

Cut our losses? That's an odd statement.

He's been one of our best players. Him and De Goey and play in the same midfield as shown today so that point is moot.

Why give up a goal kicking midfielder that breaks lines at his prime for less then we got him in the first place? It's ludicrous suggestion.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think we could trade out Adams for a first rounder or to Gold Coast for Fiorini or use him in a three club trade for Hopper. We have lots of inside mids that can cover his loss such as De Goey, Wills, Thomas, Greenwood etc. Get some more pace/better ball use skills into our midfield.

I think we could trade out Adams for a first rounder or to Gold Coast for Fiorini or use him in a three club trade for Hopper. We have lots of inside mids that can cover his loss such as De Goey, Wills, Thomas, Greenwood etc. Get some more pace/better ball use skills into our midfield.

Adams wouldn't get us a 1st rounder though which is why i've suggested Treloar. Can't have them both in the team in my opinion.

Of those players you mentioned, 50% were picked long after the 1st round...

Ablett jnr was a FS and rated a 1st rounder back when a club paid peanuts for them.

Buckley a pre listed zone selection open draft would of likely went pick 1 or top 3 minimum.

Swan was a diamond in the rough and the only player who you can lay claim too.

The rest were all high draft selections.

Besides all that do you put Lewis in the same bracket of player as those listed? Because thats why they were bought into the convo...

Adams for a first rounder? Wow.

Unless of course we're trading with ourselves.

Who will we be looking at with a top 4 pick? Who are the absolute stars at the under 18 level this year? Is there a likely top 5 I can view. I need something to look forward to. Oh apart from the end of the 2017 season. Can't come quick enough. And I love that we get the benefits of the warmer weather of spring once the pain of the footy season is over again.

Will be the same people wanting a line breaking mid and an in under mid in the draft.

Read what I said.... We have an abundance of mids. We have a gun midfielder ready to explode. We have no talls. Why is it such a big call to trade Treloar if it meant getting a 10 year tall in his place while letting Degoey flourish.

Maybe I'm just getting in the spirit too much with the NBA trade season firing up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im sure someone will bite and give us a first rounder for Sidebottom, any teams that are 1 good midfielder away from having a real crack/taking the next step?
Problem is that ship has sailed. Doubt anyone would give up a first rounder for him. Not good enough to warrant that. Elite tank but disposal (especially kicking) is poor. One of those athletes but not footballers.

I think the time is right to trade off Sidey. Been a great servant but just don't see what he can add in a couple of seasons time when this team finally cleans itself up.

Someone will give a late first rounder for him I could see a couple of clubs in the premiership window going overs to get him.

You missed the initial discussion so that's largely irrelevant. That said he's played 2 other matches for the year and one he was injured within 5 minutes. Does one extra full game to draw from really impact the discussion?.. I'm not really keen to argue for the sake of it so I'll leave that question with you.
Well when your isolating stats over a certain period it is usually to help enhance your argument. Why not match up his full year against similar players full year.

My original quote was a statement and his stats don't really change and probably wouldn't change many peoples views that see him as needing kick flowing football to have a impact. He's a handy player in the right team but the jury is out if it stands up when they really need him.

Who will we be looking at with a top 4 pick? Who are the absolute stars at the under 18 level this year? Is there a likely top 5 I can view. I need something to look forward to. Oh apart from the end of the 2017 season. Can't come quick enough. And I love that we get the benefits of the warmer weather of spring once the pain of the footy season is over again.
Cam Rayner hopefully. I know he's not a tall but there aren't any true KPF's this year worthy of a top 4 pick.

The stars are mids, we'll have to pick one of Brander or Sutherland if we want a tall. I'd be going with Sutherland if he picks footy.

It's possible...

There's also Fogarty but his championship performances have been really concerning
Yeah they were. I'm a big fan but the champs were a worrying sign. The last game he just didn't look like he wanted to be there. Could be weak mentally, not really sure. Hopefully it had more something to do with that tape on his knee.

Read what I said.... We have an abundance of mids. We have a gun midfielder ready to explode. We have no talls. Why is it such a big call to trade Treloar if it meant getting a 10 year tall in his place while letting Degoey flourish.

Maybe I'm just getting in the spirit too much with the NBA trade season firing up.

I agree entirely with the abundance of mids. However Adams & Treloar are top shelf and coming into the right age bracket. Id be aiming at offloading Sidebottom, Greenwood. Agree De Goey will flourish with more time , maybe that's where they need to just chuck him in and build around him. I don't think we should offload adams and treloar however.

Suns are stacked with key talls and would trade one out for some polish or midfield grunt

Collingwood it aint that hard offer up Sidey or Taylor Adams for tom lynch, Throw in a couple of sweeteners and get it done ffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back