List Mgmt. Trade & F.A. 2017 (if a scenario sounds wrong - read on before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Delistings..
Sier
Wills
Oxley
Keeffe
Trades:
Blair (GWS or GCS)
Does the Fas want to go home? If he does, I say do the right thing.
Sidebottom (tough call, but good value)
Thomas
Retire:
White
Sinclair (has speed but too injury prone)
Goldsack? Happy to keep for another year.
Players we'll keep for a year to save face:
Mayne
Bring in..
A running half back flanker
A ready made full forward
A goalkicking coach

Sam Reid would fill a gap but he is not the answer.
Jon Patton or Lynch would be too hard to get.
Would anyone want Jack Darling if he came cheap?
Just quietly, nobody is going to trade for Blair. He's a UFA, and he couldn't find a suitor last year before signing a 1 year deal with us. He's a prime candidate for delisting.

Delistings..
Sier
Wills
Oxley
Keeffe
Trades:
Blair (GWS or GCS)
Thomas
Retire:
White
Mayne
Bring in..
A goalkicking coach

No way you would delist Wills very strong first year and was dogged by injury this year

As much as I shudder typing this, I think we should take a leaf out of Carlton's book. 1 year contracts for coaches. Bring in a replacement for Buckley and if there's no noticible improvement in on field structures in that 12 months look for someone else.

We missed the boat on Bolton, he's going to be a ripper of a coach. Carlton's list is still bog average, but they're the most disciplined team in the league structurally imo.
Totally agree but who is available? All the good coaches are taken,would rather keep bucks than what's currently on offer unless it's the 3 mentioned earlier.

On Pixel XL using BigFooty.com mobile app

Adams won't be traded, hoping Sidders is though but only if tbe price is right, most realistic clubs for him would be North and the Bombers but their first rounders look like being top 4-5, neither would pay that for him IMO, i think he's worth a pick around 10.

1. Reid
2. Sutherland/Brander/Fogarty
3. ???
4. ???

Not really familiar with the outside mids or line breakers in this draft, and I don't think we can afford to be trading too many picks away for established ones.

I don't pretend to have all the answers.....

or any.;):drunk:

It's a wish list and it's not always possible to fulfill them in the one draft or have the currency to get the quality required for the position and you settle for 2nd best.

Actually when I first read the post by Dave86 and how he wouldn't mind if we targeted a classy outside ball user with our first pick (should we secure Reid) I was totally against it but on reflection it's not the worst idea.

However after bypassing Wright for de Goey and having a genuine need for another quality key position prospect we simply have to use a likely top 4 selection on one because it's where you have the best chance of finding one who can forge a successful career.

I guess a tall and powerful utility like Fogarty could be another option if we rate him highly enough.

Goldsack and Dunn are almost done

Securing another tall defensive option is not without merit but unlike your tall forward the strike rate of finding something of worth later in the draft or via the state leagues aren't as bad so perhaps we can look at that this draft/trade period.

Totally agree but who is available? All the good coaches are taken,would rather keep bucks than what's currently on offer unless it's the 3 mentioned earlier.

I'd rather sit on a nail than keep Buckley at this point. And saying all the good coaches are taken is a bit narrow minded. Beveridge and Bolton were just assistants before they became 'good coaches'. Don Pyke was on the board of directors at WC until he became a strategy coach and then Adelaide's head coach. Chris Fagan was Hawthorns footy dept manager before going to Brisbane.

For every failure like Buckley out there, there's a budding talented coach who can get the best out of their players. You just have to go through the right processes to find them.

Personally, if the rumours of Roos are true I'd expect it to be a succession situation like at Melbourne. Would love us to poach back Tapping as the successor if that were to happen.

Adams won't be traded, hoping Sidders is though but only if tbe price is right, most realistic clubs for him would be North and the Bombers but their first rounders look like being top 4-5, neither would pay that for him IMO, i think he's worth a pick around 10.
Wouldn't trade Sidey, play him as a permanent small forward.

I'd rather sit on a nail than keep Buckley at this point. And saying all the good coaches are taken is a bit narrow minded. Beveridge and Bolton were just assistants before they became 'good coaches'. Don Pyke was on the board of directors at WC until he became a strategy coach and then Adelaide's head coach. Chris Fagan was Hawthorns footy dept manager before going to Brisbane.

For every failure like Buckley out there, there's a budding talented coach who can get the best out of their players. You just have to go through the right processes to find them.

Personally, if the rumours of Roos are true I'd expect it to be a succession situation like at Melbourne. Would love us to poach back Tapping as the successor if that were to happen.
I know but with Bolton and Beveridge they came from Hawks and was widely touted to be good coaches but when I look into the assistant coaches in teams now I don't see too much. Do you have any in mind that spark some interest? Also the Roos rumour is only what the media are putting together am I right?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just quietly, nobody is going to trade for Blair. He's a UFA, and he couldn't find a suitor last year before signing a 1 year deal with us. He's a prime candidate for delisting.
I was trying to make him feel good....But I dare say you're right.

I know but with Bolton and Beveridge they came from Hawks and was widely touted to be good coaches but when I look into the assistant coaches in teams now I don't see too much. Do you have any in mind that spark some interest? Also the Roos rumour is only what the media are putting together am I right?

Dew is highly rated, and I think Tapping will be a ripper. What he was able to achieve with our VFL team with the shit game plan that was forced upon him was nothing short of remarkable.

I'm starting to warm to Ratten, had a few years under Clarko now and i reckon he did fairly well at the scum with not much to work with.

Yesterday I was depressed at where our season was going or already is. If I had done a ladder predictor Sunday morning, it would've had us sailing towards finals. Now, I'm beginning to get excited at the prospect of having a top 2-4 pick.

4 years In a row I have done the predictor, I know you're pain.

Delistings..
Sier
Wills
Oxley
Keeffe
Trades:
Blair (GWS or GCS)
Thomas
Retire:
White
Mayne
Bring in..
A goalkicking coach

Why would gws or the suns want blair?
I doubt any club would even want him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back