List Mgmt. Trade & F.A. 2017 (if a scenario sounds wrong - read on before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't you think that's the kind of thinking that got us in to the situation we're currently in?

Oh, there's a good mid available here, we'll get a KPF next year! Rinse and repeat, year after year.

Having played against both the king twins for years who are eligible in next years draft, I can tell you they will both go top 5. They are insanely good. And we should hold out for either max or Ben.
What position do they play?

The Crows play Talia and Hartigan at FB and CHB don't they? Lever plays more as a third tall intercept defender. We have Howe, Scharenberg and Langdon playing and fighting for that role. It's a positional strength of our side. At 850k a year and with other fairly pressing list deficiencies I don't see the need for Lever. Sure if he could hold down CHB, but he isn't playing that role.

So do we Make a Bigger Offer?

Rather give Lever Big Money then Tippett or Casboult

Even if Lever and the Crows agree to the trade, the Doggies still need to satisfy the Crows demands, doubt their 1st rounder would do it.

The Crows play Talia and Hartigan at FB and CHB don't they? Lever plays more as a third tall intercept defender. We have Howe, Scharenberg and Langdon playing and fighting for that role. It's a positional strength of our side. At 850k a year and with other fairly pressing list deficiencies I don't see the need for Lever. Sure if he could hold down CHB, but he isn't playing that role.
I think he plays that role because he's so good at attacking. Hartigan and Talia are your more lock down defender. Think Hartigan got injured on the weekend so it will be interesting to see if he plays true CHB. He would become our best attacking defender if he came to us.

Well, I think we'd all prefer Lever to those two, Dave.

But, all the noise in the media, from the talking head journos to the man himself, has been that he will stay a Crow...

Sam Reid is out only Chance of Bringing in a Good KPF but looks like Bucks is F**king that up too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep Tippy is 30 & bloody ordinary for what you'd have to pay.

He's also had an ordinary career when you consider output vs contract, true mercenary.

At his best he's good but so much shit in between good spells & injury.

No, just ****ing no!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep Tippy is 30 & bloody ordinary for what you'd have to pay.

He's also had an ordinary career when you consider output vs contract, true mercenary.

At his best he's good but so much shit in between good spells & injury.

No, just ******* no!!!!!!!!!!!

That was because Swans gave him a Stupid Contract because of there Bloody COLA

He was Promising at Adelaide

That's what worries me.
It's not even that we think he's cooked, it's the money & how the **** does he fit into our list profile at his age?

This would be so much a backwards move.

Hi
I'd keep sidebottom unless we can use him in a trade for a KPP like Lever or Wright, B Brown, etc. We lose a best 22 player but gain another one in a more pressing positional need.

Reid I'd trade for a pick in the 20s. Get us back into the second round where we can perhaps pick up a pacy rebounding back type or at least trade the pick on...

Reid doesn't have 50 games left in him IMO. He's 29 next year. As he ages i don't see him staying agile and playing well into his 30s like a Gibson or Lonergan. I think when it comes, his decline will be sharp like Clokes. Sell while he has some value still.
His already declined at a rapid rate.....i dont think trading Sidebottom is a good idea.....a well liked player and loyal.....ya dont get rid of players like that

Don't you think that's the kind of thinking that got us in to the situation we're currently in?

Oh, there's a good mid available here, we'll get a KPF next year! Rinse and repeat, year after year.
Problem is we have literally rinsed and repeated by picking up the same type of midfield player. Swap it with an outside speedster who can use the footy, and immediately it is a different balance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back