List Mgmt. Trade & F.A. 2017 (if a scenario sounds wrong - read on before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Allen a no for mine. Rather Fogarty or Stephenson
I'd rather fogarty too but we probly dont get him now as he'll go too early. In the scenario i was making hopper and smith would cover the position Stephenson would play. Was trying to show a good package that would suit not just whos the best player around our current pick.

I really believe in picking up Andy Otten. He would come cheap. Basically Adelaide would put all their eggs in the McGovern basket. We should swoop him and get him. Unrestricted free agent too.

Been counting long?
20% increase on $600,000 is $720,000.

EDIT: Already scalded by Big Ned
Yep already cleared up. We are paying Mayne 500k to play in the reserves. I am more than comfortable to pay 800k to lobb if the chance came.

Lobb or white and Mayne

Rather pay a bit over for someone who is actually best 22

Yep already cleared up. We are paying Mayne 500k to play in the reserves. I am more than comfortable to pay 800k to lobb if the chance came.

Lobb or white and Mayne

I'd rather pay that coin to someone that's a bit better than "best 22". Under the scenario you presented we haven't learnt from the mistakes of White and Mayne by paying another role player massive overs.

Obviously... but lobb is clearly best 22 for Collingwood

I disagree. Lobb's past 20 matches are on par with Cox's output in the same time frame. If GWS had a legitimate alternative his spot in the team would be in jeopardy.

At this time Cox is definitely not best 22 nor is he worth even a quarter of the figure you're throwing around.

Obviously... but lobb is clearly best 22 for Collingwood
Lobb looks better because he is surrounded by Cameron and Patton. He only averages just over 1 goal a game. That's White territory. Can he take on the role of number 1/2 forward? That's what you have to weigh up, and I'm not on the side of paying him 800k a year for him to maybe be good for us. It's still a lot of money.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I disagree. Lobb's past 20 matches are on par with Cox's output in the same time frame. If GWS had a legitimate alternative his spot in the team would be in jeopardy.

At this time Cox is definitely not best 22 nor is he worth even a quarter of the figure you're throwing around.
Fair enough I haven't seen the stats but I believe you. I still think lobb will be a very good player and is still quite young. Simply for KPP you pay overs. Yes I would rather a Patton or Brown but can't see either club letting them go. Otherwise go to the draft simply.

Fair enough I haven't seen the stats but I believe you. I still think lobb will be a very good player and is still quite young. Simply for KPP you pay overs. Yes I would rather a Patton or Brown but can't see either club letting them go. Otherwise go to the draft simply.

Lobb will be 25 by the time he played his first game for us so I would argue he isn't quite young. There's better value out there at that price, IMO, that's all.

I really believe in picking up Andy Otten. He would come cheap. Basically Adelaide would put all their eggs in the McGovern basket. We should swoop him and get him. Unrestricted free agent too.
HIs name has been mentioned a few times but I don't get it. To me he is similar to Goldsack. Kinda stop gap filler and does ok without being amazing. If you put him in our team I can't see where he will improve. He is not a key forward or a keyback.

First round pick, pick 36 and Sidey to North for Ben Brown and their Second?

Would love to then get a small shut down defender in as well, Luke Brown (Crows) Adam Kennedy from GWS or Tom Ruggles (Geelong) can all play on the damaging small types. Brown and maybe Kennedy could cost us the second due to quality adn contracts, think Ruggles would be the cheapest out of all of them

Langdon to GC for Fiorini would be a steal!

Wouldn't mind lining up as;
Ruggles? Dunn Scahrenberg
Maynard Reid Howe

Grundy De Goey Adams
Treloar Pendlebury Fiorini

Wells Moore WHE
Fasolo Brown Elliot

Goldsack Wills Varcoe Crisp

Would love to then get a small shut down defender in as well, Luke Brown (Crows) Adam Kennedy from GWS or Tom Ruggles (Geelong) can all play on the damaging small types. Brown and maybe Kennedy could cost us the second due to quality adn contracts, think Ruggles would be the cheapest out of all of them

Maynard Reid Howe

Grundy De Goey Adams

Wells Moore WHE
Fasolo Brown Elliot

How would you suggest you get Sidebottom to move, considering he has about 3 years to run on his contract?

Are you saying, that if they traded Hopper or Smith or any other player, for a 1st round pick, they wouldn't be allowed to keep it?
No. But we don't know what players they will trade out and what they will get. That's the only way they will get a first pick. If we're trading for one of there players that's a 1st rd pick they don't have to give back.

Lobb or white and Mayne

We are allegedly paying Mayne somewhere in the $420-500k range and a poster recently suggested that even that level is heavily performance based. Others have also suggested that it is front loaded. Making a mistake on getting Mayne and paying him that does not make it alright to pay Lobb anywhere near $800k.

How would you suggest you get Sidebottom to move, considering he has about 3 years to run on his contract?

Contracts mean nothing anymore, it's sad but true. Players are not so set on being one club players anymore. If North could offer a contract to Sidebottom that could satisfy him, and the club put the press on him he'll leave. North will pay up for him, they need a player like him to compliment Cunnington and Ziebel. North have shown they're not scared to throw money and if they get sidey in the deal they'll probably be able to pull out of the Kelly race meaning that money wise won't be a problem.

I love sidey and thinks he's been fantastic for us but we need a KPF and one of our higher end mids will need to go, Pendles won't and Treloar and Adams have only recently joined the club and are set to be the midfield alongside JDG for the next gen. Sadly imo Sidey is the one to leave

Maynard Reid Howe

Grundy De Goey Adams

Wells Moore WHE
Fasolo Brown Elliot

The reason Ruggles is cheap is he has poor disposal and decision making. Geelong dropped him earlier this year because he was constantly making basic mistakes. Appears he has learned little to date as he is still making the same mistakes. We have enough players of this similar skill set

The reason Ruggles is cheap is he has poor disposal and decision making. Geelong dropped him earlier this year because he was constantly making basic mistakes. Appears he has learned little to date as he is still making the same mistakes. We have enough players of this similar skill set

Yes his skills aren't great but playing as a permanent shut down small defender he won't be exposed as much. Nick Smith, Luke Brown and Adam kennedy all aren't very effective users of the ball but they beat their man and take the safe option. I wouldn't have him as a defensive set up player no way, but as a pure shut down defender I think he can fill that role.

Of course if Ben Sinclair could get his body right he can play that role, or if Ramsay comes on he could be used there to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back