List Mgmt. Trade & F.A. 2017 (if a scenario sounds wrong - read on before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You would think with Jesse White retiring we probably need about 3 KPF. I also strongly believe Cox will dominate this weekend as number 1 ruck, and will probably get traded. Either way, we need 3 KPF.
I believe we should look for 3 different age profiles.
Readymade who can fill a role: Andy Otten(28) & Jackson Trengrove(27). Both capable of playing numerous positions, forward and ruck predominately. Both come with salary price only.

Middle-aged/young established: Lynch obviously. Don't mind Darling. Wright or M.McGovern. Don't mind Aaron Francis either. Think he could come cheap with little/no opportunity at Essendon.

Draftee: Obviously young KPP. Sutherland would have been nice, but Brander would suffice. Coleman-Jones.

The hard bit is obviously gonna be trying to get a star, and draftee. However, this is our off-season to recruit KPP. It's been coming for a while, but I genuinely believe we need to swoop in now. Big plays are required.

Trengove is a free hit at a key position player who can play some ruck. Absolutely we should look at him.

I support this in order to add another name to our growing list of stop gap KPF's behind Lynch, White and Cox.

Kept for Depth?

Ahead of a few others for best 22 at this stage I think. Should only improve with another preseason under his belt.

Would pick 7 and pick 36 for Darling and Barrass and maybe their second round pick (29) be seen as win? Barrass has quietly gone about improving and developing his game as KPD and could be 'cheaper' version of Lever. They may deem including 29 as overs so would just Darling and Barrass be enough?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would pick 7 and pick 36 for Darling and Barrass and maybe their second round pick (29) be seen as win? Barrass has quietly gone about improving and developing his game as KPD and could be 'cheaper' version of Lever. They may deem including 29 as overs so would just Darling and Barrass be enough?

You could see why they might look to off-load Darling if they're thinking they'll acquire McGovern but Barrass is the longer term KPD they need to replace Mackenzie. Doubt they even contemplate trading him.

You're trying to get two WA boys over east, I can't see it happening. I rate Barrass he's a good young defender. Don't think I would like to give up the pick 7 though.

Thomas has worked his way there imo. Even with Wells, Grundy, Pendles and Greenwood to come back he's still going to keep his spot.

It's My Opinion is best 22. Though I never been a Huge Thomas Fan

I'd like to see us invite Bryce Retzlaff down from Gold Coast QAFL side Labrador and do a pre-season with the prospect of rookie listing him (Labrador is the same mob Barry Hall is playing a few games for).
Leading the league goal kicking and been demolishing key backmen. A big classic full forward at 1.95cm who moves well into position , can jump and looks as fit as a trout.
He's also their Captain so brings leadership qualities.

Spoke to a former Lions official after I saw him kick 11 several weeks back and said when they drafted him in 2010 there was plenty going on off field and he never settled + sustained an ACL injury before having a crack down South. Also wouldn't fall into the robot mode and would bring some additional colour to the list.

He can play and I reckon worth a shot as a mature age recruit that could hold a key position at either end of each ground.

I'd like to see us invite Bryce Retzlaff down from Gold Coast QAFL side Labrador and do a pre-season with the prospect of rookie listing him (Labrador is the same mob Barry Hall is playing a few games for).
Leading the league goal kicking and been demolishing key backmen. A big classic full forward at 1.95cm who moves well into position , can jump and looks as fit as a trout.
He's also their Captain so brings leadership qualities.

Spoke to a former Lions official after I saw him kick 11 several weeks back and said when they drafted him in 2010 there was plenty going on off field and he never settled + sustained an ACL injury before having a crack down South. Also wouldn't fall into the robot mode and would bring some additional colour to the list.

He can play and I reckon worth a shot as a mature age recruit that could hold a key position at either end of each ground.
I wondered if he's the son of Brendan Retzlaff who played for Brisbane at one point.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brendon_Retzlaff
Apparently he was only 180cm and 78kg though - maybe he gets it from his mother's side:)

will Broomhead and our first round pick be enough to secure Jake?

I am disappointed that Broomhead hasn't been able to secure a spot, not being selected this week with 3 forced changes is not a good sign for him.

Hopefully I'm wrong and he's given another opportunity next week.

He surely won't stay on if we don't play him the last two games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back