List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 2!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And also, is there any actual chatter about Heath Grundy maybe being on the outer at Sydney? Because that would be the holy grail.
Heath Grundy is more like the knight protecting the grail.

Heath Grundy is almost 12 months older than Lynden Dunn, too old for my interest.

Spend abit extra and get a full back born between 1992-95 who will be around for atleast the next 5 years while Pendlebury is still playing and Howe, Sidebottom and Cox are hitting their prime.

He wasn't free last year and their ability to hit the scoreboard has continued to slide. I still rate Fas highly but it is hard to see him fitting in to our future teams, he will benefit from a fresh start and deserves a good crack in a best 22.

All I have heard is that discussions are being had as they should be with any out of contract FA.

Im sure he will be looking at his options, but last year the feelers were put out with the possibility of him returning home to WA. WCE were keen early trade period last year but then cooled on the idea of trading for Fas, and Freo had no interest. If they have an interest now, will be interesting to see what happens as Fas is a RFA.

Im sure he will be looking at his options, but last year the feelers were put out with the possibility of him returning home to WA. WCE were keen early trade period last year but then cooled on the idea of trading for Fas, and Freo had no interest. If they have an interest now, will be interesting to see what happens as Fas is a RFA.

Unrestricted, actually.

I think you need to stick with Elliot. If on the off chance we land Lynch you could be looking at a forward line like below and that is something to behold. Elliot is a unique player and pretty much irreplaceable so I would give him time. We have plenty of injury plagued players to get rid of before Jamie.

F: Elliot Lynch De Goey
HF: Thomas Cox Stephenson
Where are you playing our leading goal kicker?

Edit: I saw you address this later. I like WHE forward myself. He's a hard matchup considering how good overhead he is.

1 year, minimum wage, incentives and triggers.

Take it or leave it. We've gotten this far without you...

IMO, anyone offering Elliott 1 year is suffering from a case of “half pregnant”. He will leave if that’s the offer. If you’re prepared to make a contract offer it’ll need to be 2 years minimum to retain him. For instance if I were Hawthorn I’d be knocking on his door with a 3 year contract and an as close as it gets guarantee on getting his body right (and they’d get him right if he left).

IMO, anyone offering Elliott 1 year is suffering from a case of “half pregnant”. He will leave if that’s the offer. If you’re prepared to make a contract offer it’ll need to be 2 years minimum to retain him. For instance if I were Hawthorn I’d be knocking on his door with a 3 year contract and an as close as it gets guarantee on getting his body right (and they’d get him right if he left).
Will Billy perhaps elect to leave for a fresh start, no matter what the offer we put to him (if any)? I think there would definitely be suitors for him, as you eluded too there would be sides willing to back their medicos in with him

I had very similar surgery when I was 29. Now I’m no supreme athlete but played at a decent level of football. When I got back which took almost a year it was never my back that was the issue was both the left and right hamstrings. Lost the ability to kick as far as I use to and continued to pull up sore in hamstrings. Mind you never had a hammy issue before back surgery. I said to a mate when I read about Jamie’s surgery’s that it would never be the back that’s the issue ( as much as it would still have days of pain) will be his hammys. I’m now 34 and can’t play anymore, mainly cause of my hammys but also age. I hope I’m wrong and I happy with world class facilities the fact his 25 and better rehab he can overcome his issues, however from my experience this is going to be hard.

I would not be surprised if Jamie retires at the end of this year. His injury has previously been described as one of the worst pars defects suffered by a sportsman which resulted in surgery and screws being inserted. Unfortunately several of the symptoms is ongoing low back pain and stiffness and chronic hamstring tightness and being very prone to chronic hamstring issues. One of the worst sports you can play with this injury is football. Running, jumping, flexing, twisting and hard physical impact places significant pressure and pain on the lower spine. This condition is likely to be aggravated everytime he increases his intensity. His condition would be considered longterm with potential to worsen. I love Jamie Elliott but I am unconvinced his body will stand up to the rigours of AFL. I would only consider offering him a low base contract with incentives.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Swans have stuck by Johnson for 5 years, he is on the verge of being selected this week

I think 5 years is about right, for the right player

Elliott is the right player
Johnson is on a minimum wage....Elliott will never be on minimum wage. What would you be prepared to pay someone who can't get on the park

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Johnson is on a minimum wage....Elliott will never be on minimum wage. What would you be prepared to pay someone who can't get on the park

I don't know the wage of Johnson....for that matter I don't know what Elliott might be prepared to accept.

In any event that was never my point, I was discussing the length of time it would be prudent, IMV, to stick with Elliott

See Riewoldt just re-signed for another 2 years at the Tigers. The day after we meet with Lynch!!
For less money...actually was already contracted for 2019, but signed a new 3 year deal (replacing 2019 contract) for less money.
Believe Rance doing the same.
Trying to keep the list intact & also create room for new Player(s) coming in...???

Will Billy perhaps elect to leave for a fresh start, no matter what the offer we put to him (if any)? I think there would definitely be suitors for him, as you eluded too there would be sides willing to back their medicos in with him

There’s every chance, IMO. Although we can only guess at his mindset. North would be another suitor they have a better injury track record than us, IMO, plus they’ve just spent up big to bring someone over from the US to bolster their HP team. They’ve got cash to throw around and he fills a need for them. It really does depend on what the tipping point for him is to accept a rival offer.

For less money...actually was already contracted for 2019, but signed a new 3 year deal (replacing 2019 contract) for less money.
Trying to keep the list intact & also create room for new Player(s) coming in...???

This "less money" thing is so overstated.
What does it actually mean?

Does anyone realistically think that Riewoldt and Rance- 2 of Richmond's top 4 highest earners sacrificed half their salaries in pursuit of "premierships"?
They may have taken a $100k hair cut per season but they didn't all of a sudden go from $900k to $400k per season.

This is a job- which is what people fail to understand as the romance of "premierships" for supporters blinds them from the reality.
More importantly, this is a finite job.

There’s every chance, IMO. Although we can only guess at his mindset. North would be another suitor they have a better injury track record than us, IMO, plus they’ve just spent up big to bring someone over from the US to bolster their HP team. They’ve got cash to throw around and he fills a need for them. It really does depend on what the tipping point for him is to accept a rival offer.
North have a internationally recognised program. I’ve been banging on for years now that’s where we need to invest and poach I’m not sure why we seemingly do nothing when our injuries every year get worse and worse. Yet we have a world class program right on our doorstep taking some IP would be a logical thing to do if you ask me.

Maybe it’s stubbornness with the footy department cap and we don’t want to pay a premium. Yet we currently have 3 million dollars worth of talent sitting on the sidelines, I know what I would rather be paying.

North have a internationally recognised program. I’ve been banging on for years now that’s where we need to invest and poach I’m not sure why we seemingly do nothing when our injuries every year get worse and worse. Yet we have a world class program right on our doorstep taking some IP would be a logical thing to do if you ask me.

Maybe it’s stubbornness with the footy department cap and we don’t want to pay a premium. Yet we currently have 3 million dollars worth of talent sitting on the sidelines, I know what I would rather be paying.

Preaching to the converted Ketchup. The only solution I have is that there’s either too much faith in it sorting itself out under its own steam or the powers that be just don’t see it as the pressing issue you and I do...

The first step in getting things sorted is admitting there’s a problem which we didn’t do for so long under Davoren and I don’t see that changing.

Thats the way to do it. Do you think Pendles,Treloar,Grundy, Sidebottom, just to name a few would do the same ? Considering we are in with a shot with Lynch without them taking a hit. Imagine if each dropped %20 add this to others doing the same. But this is Collingwood we are talking about, come to Collingwood and you're value jumps 20% . Refer to Mayne.

I had very similar surgery when I was 29. Now I’m no supreme athlete but played at a decent level of football. When I got back which took almost a year it was never my back that was the issue was both the left and right hamstrings. Lost the ability to kick as far as I use to and continued to pull up sore in hamstrings. Mind you never had a hammy issue before back surgery. I said to a mate when I read about Jamie’s surgery’s that it would never be the back that’s the issue ( as much as it would still have days of pain) will be his hammys. I’m now 34 and can’t play anymore, mainly cause of my hammys but also age. I hope I’m wrong and I happy with world class facilities the fact his 25 and better rehab he can overcome his issues, however from my experience this is going to be hard.

Yes...I have the same injury...but suffered it at 35. I can no longer run without severe hamstring pain. Unfortunately his hamstring issues are directly related to his back. I have read in previous interviews that Jamie continues to suffer intermittent pain with back stiffness and requires the use of a back brace at times. His pars defect has previously been described as the worst seen in a sportsman and his injury was further complicated by having surgery and screws inserted. Unfortunately his injury due to the chronicity to date is is not going to miraculously resolve itself.

My sports physio has stated that Jamie will always be a great chance to suffer hamstring injuries everytime he pushes off to jump for the ball because of the serious force going through his lower spine. Unfortunately his injury on the weekend occurred when he jumped for the ball.

My sports physio also stated (as you experienced yourself) that he will most likely experience difficulty kicking the ball any great distance without suffering hamstring injury (all referred from the back) or being susceptuble to strains or tears. Because of surgery there is a risk he will develop spondylosis.

I hope he can make it back.

Are you able to play any active sports without suffering recurring hamstring injuries?

This "less money" thing is so overstated.
What does it actually mean?

Does anyone realistically think that Riewoldt and Rance- 2 of Richmond's top 4 highest earners sacrificed half their salaries in pursuit of "premierships"?
They may have taken a $100k hair cut per season but they didn't all of a sudden go from $900k to $400k per season.

This is a job- which is what people fail to understand as the romance of "premierships" for supporters blinds them from the reality.
More importantly, this is a finite job.
Nobody mentioned 50% ?
Assume he just took a haircut...along with Rance.
Sets the standard for the other players...very Hawthorn like.
Very good move by Richmond players...will keep them in the hunt.
Hats off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back