List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 2!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read somewhere (cant remember where maybe draft updates on HS site) that a 2 year offer is there
but for not much cash he's thinking about it

Re Checkers. This was published in late April.. I’d say they are waiting for the dust to settle with trade week then should put pen to paper (if not already):

ROOKIE revelation Brody Mihocek is in preliminary talks with Collingwood on a two-year contract extension.

The former Port Melbourne player signed a one-year contract when he joined the Magpies in last year's rookie draft.

But his manager, Anthony McConville of Mac's Sports, told AFL.com.au on Monday he had opened discussions with the Magpies on a new deal.

"We have spoken to the club and the indications are we will look to do a two-year contract," McConville said.

"We haven't started talking (financial) numbers yet, so it's early days, but we're confident a deal will get done."

I'm not sure about the deficit thing either TBH, I'd rather leave that up to those smarter than me!

I'm only suggesting we do this on the proviso that Hine and Co think Quaynor will get bid on prior to pick 18, which is quite possible. In such instance we'd still have pick 29 as a live selection, whereas currently we'd have no picks until 51, which will likely be used on Kelly anyway.

PS I'm no expert either, I'm trying to figure out our strategy as much as anyone :)

Cheers mate, this makes sense now

Langdon staying means no May, I’m fine with that. We played so well defensively in finals that I believe our team defence matters more than the individual. Keeping that back six together is just as important as anyone, we’ve put our faith into Moore now and he’s absolutely the perfect player for our team.

On Beams, we need to go and get him if he wants to come home. He’s a goal scoring midfielder who has serious grunt in him, I think we lack a player like him in the stoppages.

Beams is the complete midfielder really imo. Not sure how we get it done but we need to be able to get our father-son/academy picks in this season also.

Not sure how we do it but an off season of Beams, Roughead, Quaynor, Kelly & keeling the team together would be an awesome off season imo.

Langdon staying means no May, I’m fine with that. We played so well defensively in finals that I believe our team defence matters more than the individual. Keeping that back six together is just as important as anyone, we’ve put our faith into Moore now and he’s absolutely the perfect player for our team.

On Beams, we need to go and get him if he wants to come home. He’s a goal scoring midfielder who has serious grunt in him, I think we lack a player like him in the stoppages.

Beams is the complete midfielder really imo. Not sure how we get it done but we need to be able to get our father-son/academy picks in this season also.

Not sure how we do it but an off season of Beams, Roughead, Quaynor, Kelly & keeling the team together would be an awesome off season imo.
Agreed. Would love to somehow add Bruce to the equation while we're at it.

He would be such a great coup, I just don’t think the rumours are true. Aren’t they just twitter rumours at the moment?
I haven't seen anything remotely believable linking us to him, more just internet scuttlebutt.

But he would be a great get if cheap, better than Patton IMO which is a name also being thrown around.

But yes, most likely just wishful thinking.

Throw in a Hine special for good measure - someone we say 'Who?" about when drafted and then "Woo hoo" a couple of years later.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need KPP.

Played off in a Grand Final, but that is by no means job done.

We need to improve. Lack of May I do not like.
*Bruce voice* You get feeling that Tuesday and Wednesday are going to be very interesting, don't you?
It's just got that feel about it, hasn't it?
On a serious note, I don't like it either but I won't be smashing keyboards, IPads, phones until about 8:32 on Wednesday. Who knows what the Pies are up to?

With Langdon set to re-sign I'm struggling to see how we have the trade currency to land Beams and Quaynor/Kelly without having a large point deficit going into next season.

As it stands now if Beams was secured for only pick 18 and a bid came for Quaynor in round 1 of the draft say pick 15 we would have to find 889pts if my calculations are correct.

Without 18 we presently only have 453pts with picks 51/56. This deficit of 436pts would then be applied to our 1st round selection of the following season and as an example pick 18 of 2019 would be pushed back to approximately pick 34.

We of course also have Kelly to worry about.

If we feel a bid is highly likely to come for Quaynor in round 1 and pick 18 must be included in any deal for Beams then as stupid as it sounds giving up our 2019 1st round selection also (remembering in the above scenario it would have been pushed back to the 2nd round anyway) for Beams and say Brisbanes 2018 picks 32 and 44 (946pts) might be the way to go.

This is of course all based on the assumption we can trade away our 2018 and 2019 1st round selections or don't commit a future selection in another round (which wouldn't allow us to trade our 1st) in any trade in coming days.

With live trading on draft night now available we could wait and see where Quaynor is bid on before committing to the above (if indeed the option remains open)
and wouldn't have to deal with Brisbane necessarily either for points.

With Langdon set to re-sign I'm struggling to see how we have the trade currency to land Beams and Quaynor/Kelly without having a large point deficit going into next season.

As it stands now if Beams was secured for only pick 18 and a bid came for Quaynor in round 1 of the draft say pick 15 we would have to find 889pts if my calculations are correct.

Without 18 we presently only have 453pts with picks 51/56. This deficit of 436pts would then be applied to our 1st round selection of the following season and as an example pick 18 of 2019 would be pushed back to approximately pick 34.

We of course also have Kelly to worry about.

If we feel a bid is highly likely to come for Quaynor in round 1 and pick 18 must be included in any deal for Beams then as stupid as it sounds giving up our 2019 1st round selection also (remembering in the above scenario it would have been pushed back to the 2nd round anyway) for Beams and say Brisbanes 2018 picks 32 and 44 (946pts) might be the way to go.

This is of course all based on the assumption we can trade away our 2018 and 2019 1st round selections or don't commit a future selection in another round (which wouldn't allow us to trade our 1st) in any trade in coming days.

With live trading on draft night now available we could wait and see where Quaynor is bid on before committing to the above (if indeed the option remains open)
and wouldn't have to deal with Brisbane necessarily either for points.

I think we’re definitely going to have to give up Pick 18 and our 2019 first rounder. I’m thinking something along the lines of

- Pick 18, Pick 51, Pick 75 & 2019 first round pick

For

- Beams, Pick 32, Pick 41 & Pick 55

We effectively pick up Beams for next years first round pick and we can add Quaynor and Kelly on draft day.

Brisbane upgrade from late second round pick to late first round this year is also a massive sweetener for them. I actually can’t see how either team says no to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back