List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 2!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far Sydney have got rid of Hannebery's contract and missed out on Langdon despite a reasonable offer. I wonder what they're planning?

You may be right, they may be planning something.

However, I think the lustre of the Swans has worn away, along with their ridiculous COLA advantage which they enjoyed, therefore maybe people are assuming they're planning something, when in actual fact they're just not an attractive proposition right now.

You may be right, they may be planning something.

However, I think the lustre of the Swans has worn away, along with their ridiculous COLA advantage which they enjoyed, therefore maybe people are assuming they're planning something, when in actual fact they're just not an attractive proposition right now.

Speaking of COLA, was there a deadline in which they and GWS had to shed their additional contract amounts? I assume that's what GWS are going through, but maybe Hannebery was a necessity and not necessarily part of bigger plans?

Players we've been linked with this trade period...

May, Lonie, Kelly (Adel) Patton, Beams, Roughead,

Who's next?
And did I miss anyone?

You can pretty Much put Roughead as 99% Done.

We won't get All.

Most likely other be Beams and Maybe 1 of Kelly/Patton

Players we've been linked with this trade period...

May, Lonie, Kelly (Adel) Patton, Beams, Roughead,

Who's next?
And did I miss anyone?
Gaff, Mummy, Danger, Buddy. Heck, throw in Jobe Watson out of retirement for good measure.

Though to think about your question a bit in depth and not speculative, I wonder if we (the club) would think of approaching Eagles for McGovern or Kennedy or Darling?

Wasn’t Darling up for grabs two seasons ago and no one wanted him so he stayed an Eagle?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You don't think Grundy has any mongrel in him?

Ben Brown says otherwise!
Didn’t say he doesn’t. Even he said himself he wasn’t “Prick” enough.

I would rate Grundyvon the mongrel scale like a Cloke or a Pebbles. Had it in them but rarely flexed their muscle.

BT, Plugger, Ablett Snr (different era I know), when they were coming, you moved.

My favourite player of all time was Dermie. Loved when he barged through the Essendon huddle.

Smart arse and often a thug but could he back up his talk.

So yes, thug no, mongrel yes is what we can use a bit more of on the field. Be ruthless.

He's one of the better readers of play in the league I reckon and you're right about his need to improve kicking and strength and I'd also throw in decision making but one thing that's worrying though is if Langdon fails to improve or god forbid regress this board is going to start chowing down on Langdon soup.

Glad he's staying but let's not see another Cloke episode unfold.
Different, Langers has committed for unders, Cloke bled us.

I suspect now he has a lot of cache on this board, even those who may not have rated him.

This is a deal in the vein of Geelong players taking pay cuts.

Kulcha!!!

I suspect now he has a lot of cache on this board, even those who may not have rated him.

Kulcha!!!
Also the hawks.
Don’t know what guy is doing on the trade front, but the deals on out of contract players signing too is good news.

Kulcha!!!
So do we know what he’s signed for money and term?

No news about Mihocek and still unsigned?
It would be amazing if he wasn't re-signed soon enough. No doubt the club has had "bigger fish to fry" in recent times, but I'm sure we'll hear something soon. He surely would be grateful that we gave him a chance, and we would recognise that he is now an important part of our team. So of course a decent deal will be worked out!

So do we know what he’s signed for money and term?
No but I would bet both our sets of nads it isn't anywhere in the vicinity of 6yrs at $600k.

After our grand final devastation we saw the first signs of the irresistible culture that we are creating at our club , 1/ side by side 2/ loyalty 3/ respect 4/ unselfishness 5/ team first, play your role , the fire was lit before the g.f with a player that know one expected Degoey who rejected the roos offer then came moore and langdon who both rejected the sydney swans the so called club that always get there man.
This is the kind of loyalty that creates sustained success , there a know guarantees in life but with this kind of loyalty and unselfishness i bet you we will be in the premiership window for at least the next 5 years , with our youngsters developing the right way with great role models and a dynamic leadership group.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back