List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 2!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

see Beams pushing out Stevenson to the bench and Thomas out.. when those 2 play aggressive defense inside 50.... I just dont know
Pies are better with more pesky tacklers inside 50

see Beams pushing out Stevenson to the bench and Thomas out.. when those 2 play aggressive defense inside 50.... I just dont know
You don’t think Beams might be more likely to push out Aish, or Mayne, or Greenwood????

If our list can stay healthy (finally) adding Beams edges us into premiership favouritism for 2019 I'd say, doesn't mean much as we gotta perform and climb the mountain again, but Beamer makes us a 2-3 goal better side then our 2018 squad.

You don’t think Beams might be more likely to push out Aish, or Mayne, or Greenwood????

Nah wouldn't get as many bites with these guys because this is closer than pushing a rising star to the bench

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If our list can stay healthy (finally) adding Beams edges us into premiership favouritism for 2019 I'd say, doesn't mean much as we gotta perform and climb the mountain again, but Beamer makes us a 2-3 goal better side then our 2018 squad.
Yeah I’m not sold on this. I think a fit Reid or Moore provides more benefit. Beams and Gaff will essentially cancel each other out being added to both GF lineups from this season but Moore fit in particular sees us take make ground on WCE.

We still have to get through a tougher fixture next season

It does not matter who starts on the bench and who starts in the forward line. Beams makes us a better side and will make players like Stevo and JT better players in 2019.

Unfortunately.

Looks like we won't be getting Beams either.

Another wasted Trade Period.

Without trading out some players we were never really in a position to compete for any of the big name free agents.

Personally I'm happy to have retained Moore and (to a slightly lesser degree Langdon as I never really thought he would leave) - Roughead will be a useful low cost pick up and I think we can get someone good at pick 18.

We just need a little luck with any bid for Quaynor not coming before our pick and we'll come away with a very solid draft haul with three kids rated inside the top 35-40.

The onus is on our medical and fitness staff getting Wells, Moore and Elliott up and running and keep them on the paddock, with the goal being that the three of them play 17-18+ games, assuming they'll need to be managed and miss a game here and there.

If we can manage that then they are virtually new recruits who can perform at a high level - add that to this year's team which was competitive with anyone and the forced development in a number of the younger / newer players in the squad and we will have a strong best 22, excellent depth and a strong system.

Sometimes you don't need to tear everything up to take a step further forward and I think we're in that situation now.

Last edited:
Hearing through a reliable source that a deal is done:

Pies: Out - Pick 18, Future 1st, Thomas and Phillips
Lions: Out - Dayne Beams and Pick 5
Suns: Out - Pick 2

Pies: In - Pick 2 (to be used on Jack Lukosius) and Dayne Beams
Lions: In - Pick 18, Future 1st (both to be sent to Freo for Lachie Neale) and Thomas
Suns: In - Pick 5 and Phillips

Bookmark it. Done deal.

idontbelieveyou.gif

No chance.

If we get Elliot back that would make a huge difference. De Goey more in the middle would be better than Beams in my view in terms of the explosiveness he provides.

Prefer May but can't see us satisfying them without climbing up the draft this year and then all the Quaynor and Kelly business. Beams is most realistically our big fish option and probably does improve us a bit. The person managing injuries will be the most important part of Collingwood's personnel in 2019.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back