List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 2!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'd consider pick 18 and our 2019 first for Beams & Pick 32.

Although I bet the Bulldogs are eyeing that one off for Marcus Adams.

Wonder if we'll get any steak knives this time around. Sam Mayes or someone :rolleyes:
Would you reckon Bulldogs would be hesitant to consider a fourth rounder along with Roughead? Rare to have straight swaps nowadays.

We just made the GF and fell short by a goal and people are being protective of draft picks.

Our period is now and yes by keeping on drafting young talent in the draft, it will increase our time of being in the 4-5 clubs for longer but when you are in a premiership window and you have one of the best midfielders in the game (Genuine A grader) requesting a trade to your club and you are worried about draft picks and two years down the track.... it really stuns me.

I want us to win next year or the year after, who knows who stays and leaves 3 or 4 years on from now. We have the squad to challenge and win and I hope we don't pass up an opportunity to sign a guy that would be top 2 with Treloar as the best mid, because of keeping a pick to a draft young bloke that could be good in a few years time.

Pick 18 and future 1st round pick to Brisbane for Beams and their second round pick - is a no brainier. Really doubt Brisbane would do that though but I think it's as good as we can go or maybe 18 and Phillips for Beams and their second round pick.

Phillips is a decent player but he panics and rushes a lot in big games. Ben Kennedy was like that but obviously significantly lower in affecting a game or getting the ball that Phillips does.

Last edited:
Is there any chance that a guy like Daniel Wells could make a miraculous recovery and play half back for us? Wouldn't mind that ball delivery and composure back there with what we already have.

Sier is a special talent, Beams doesn't knock him out of the midfield. If anything, Sier knocks Beams and Treloar to other positions, because the way it looks at the moment, Sier will be a better clearance player than both.

I like Pendles, Sidebottom and Phillips as our wings next year too. Reckon Pendles can do some damage on the outside with Treloar, Adams, Beams and Sier firing it out to him.

Lots of Collingwood fans saying May is more of a need than Beams. Disagree, they’re both luxury trades.

With Moore, Reid, Dunn, Goldsack, Scharanberg, Mclarty(?) Roughead(?) + Kelly waiting in the wings, we’re stacked for KPD’s.

With both being a luxury, I’d prefer Beams.

Not convinced it's Sier that will cop the squeeze...
Still think Greenwood is best 22 for next year - still has a role to play unless some of our other midfielders can get some mongrel and learn to tag. Mayne should be safe unless he regresses this offseason. Possibly Aish at the expense of Beams, but Aish was playing in defence the past few weeks so don’t see Beams taking his role in the team.

Sier who only plays midfield for 60% game time seems the most likely candidate unless he has a massive preseason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So here's my thinking:

• Pick 57 (Fas compo) to Bulldogs for Roughead, and maybe a fourth rounder (63 or 64).

• Pick 18 and future first rounder to Lions for Beams + future third or fourth rounder.

• Use points to match for Isaac Quaynor and Will Kelly, potentially going into slight deficit. Rookie list Atu B and Bailey Wraith.

• Have enough points in the bank to match for Thariel Ter next year.
Does this sound reasonably doable?

Edit: I just saw the comments about Ter. Maybe a rookie listing?

Doable but want Lions pick 32 this year instead of future picks.

Roughead would have to be 63; 64 went to Tigers today for Lloyd.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

My cousin who lives in Ireland says this boy has talent by the spades! Having lived in Melbourne before he moved to Ireland for work he knows footy very well and says that Anton has all the traits to make a dent in AFL. Moves well for his size and has great hands.
But does he have a basketball background

Hearing through a reliable source that a deal is done:

Pies: Out - Pick 18, Future 1st, Thomas and Phillips
Lions: Out - Dayne Beams and Pick 5
Suns: Out - Pick 2

Pies: In - Pick 2 (to be used on Jack Lukosius) and Dayne Beams
Lions: In - Pick 18, Future 1st (both to be sent to Freo for Lachie Neale) and Thomas
Suns: In - Pick 5 and Phillips

Bookmark it. Done deal.
It’s been bookmarked.....can’t wait for Wednesday 8.30pm

I'd consider pick 18 and our 2019 first for Beams & Pick 32.

Although I bet the Bulldogs are eyeing that one off for Marcus Adams.

Wonder if we'll get any steak knives this time around. Sam Mayes or someone :rolleyes:

32 for us this year. Lions future 2nd for Adams; hopefully.

Young Toby Wooller as steak knives would be ok. Can recall Hine liking the former Oakleigh captain in his draft year. 194cm rangy utility, 3rd tall fwd type.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I like Greenwood's tenacity but I think Mayne has proven this year he is a lot more versatile in doing what's asked of him. Any chance of testing Mayne out as a tagger next year?
Don’t mind it if Mayne has it in him. Our team has improved off the back of players sacrificing their own game and playing specific roles (eg Pendles being accountable + Mayne/Greenwood etc).

Haven’t paid much attention to Beams at Brisbane so don’t know if he’s someone to sacrifice parts of his game for the team. A little concerned our midfield might turn into a bunch of ‘front runners’ again by pushing these role players out.

I like Greenwood's tenacity but I think Mayne has proven this year he is a lot more versatile in doing what's asked of him. Any chance of testing Mayne out as a tagger next year?
Mayne can perhaps tag but can't do the antagonistic role to get under a players skin like players like Greenwood can. Case in point, the little nudge on Zorko.
Greenwood is always coming off with a smile on his face while his opponent had a dirty day. Warms the heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back