List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scout also said about Tom Lynch.
Lynch was always an unlikely acquisition but we were close. In this space the importance of an early and sustained connection with targets is critical.

He also thinks that with the right approach Jeremy Cameron is gettable.

is there any way that someone ITK can respectfully elaborate on Dayne's issues and his likeliness to return to playing?
I've heard all sorts of things, like they are more serious than made public, that Eddie has had to bail him out of massive gambling debt, or that maybe there were some strikes involved, etc........
Understand if this is off-bounds, and I dont need someone to grandise & say its not for anyone else to know, but if someone knowledgeable could at least put some of the rumours to bed and provide some comfort or otherwise that he is still willing & capable of playing at 100% in the near future, I'd feel more enlightened about our current list, the decisions of our club, and what it actually needs to do over the summer to improve...

Ben Sokol is the only one I’d like to take out of the WAFL.

Sounds good. Clearly has talent. If Elliot leaves we certainly have a need then

I'd rather prioritise someone extra in the engine room though with Sier lacking professionalism (and injury prone), Wills so limited (and injury prone), Beams out indefinitely and T Brown still developing.

Our contested work has been exposed at times and we need reinforcements there.

Ryder has nominated StKilda
Gave Bombers a whack too...
"The thing that stuck with me was I went back into [Essendon] last week and I felt like I wanted to go through there and see what it felt like. I just didn't get a really good feeling from going back there.
"Walking around the place and seeing everyone and saying g'day, and I had a meeting with the coaches. But then I went down to Moorabbin and there was a sense of excitement. In the end that's what I based my decision on."

It would be a good story if we resurrected Jye Bolton’s career after throwing him on the scrap heap after one season at Collingwood . Not saying we should though!!!!

That delisting was so strange. Comes in with glowing reviews from Maxy. Seems to do everything right during the year and then .... GONE!

Did he pull the pin?

He has been and will be on a good wicket with us.

Not sure I get the comparison to my employment status and a Collingwood Football player.

He should have a chat with Swan before making a decision. Swan was on Open Mike last night by the way........good viewing.
Because it’s all relative regardless of the profession we work in.

Let’s talk to rumours, let’s say we’re offering 2 years at 500k, hawthorn are offering 4 years at 600-650 it’s completely unreasonable to expect Elliot to walk away from 1.2 million when he’s a bad hamstring away or a bad season away from being 29 and finished. I love my job, I love who I work for and I love what I do, but If i could could increase my pay packet by 25% and get an extra two years bonus on top I’m walking away in a heart beat, and I can keep doing this forever, Elliot has 5-6 years left at his absolute highest earning potential he will have in his career and most likely his life

Last edited:
Because it’s all relative regardless of the profession we work in.

Let’s talk to rumours, let’s say we’re offering 2 years at 500k, hawthorn are offering 4 years at 600-650 it’s completely unreasonable to expect Elliot to walk away from 1.2 million when he’s a bad hamstring away or a bad season away from being 29 and finished. I love my job, I love who I work for and I love what I do, but I could could increase my pay packet by 20% and get an extra two years bonus on top I’m walking away in a heart beat, and I can keep doing this forever, Elliot has 5-6 years left at his absolute highest earning potential he will have in his career

Your philosophy worked a treat for Daisy & Wells.

Its ok if I disagree with you mate...........I just prefer the "Swan Way" of thining.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your philosophy worked a treat for Daisy & Wells.

Its ok if I disagree with you mate...........I just prefer the "Swan Way" of thining.
And that’s what forums are for, don’t get me wrong I’d love for everyone to stay one club players like Pendles or Swan, but I think the landscape for these athletes have changed and same with clubs. If you don’t think you’ve got a future in media or coaching, if I was a manager I’d be telling my client to earn what they can now.

Anyway let’s see what happens and let’s hope it falls on our side

"The thing that stuck with me was I went back into [Essendon] last week and I felt like I wanted to go through there and see what it felt like. I just didn't get a really good feeling from going back there.
"Walking around the place and seeing everyone and saying g'day, and I had a meeting with the coaches. But then I went down to Moorabbin and there was a sense of excitement. In the end that's what I based my decision on."

Doesn't surprise me - the Worsfold/Heppell combo is about as inspiring as a wet fart.

My feeling too.

I'd rather spend more and get Bruce, or roll the dice and go after Parton (assuming he is open to non Hawks offers).

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Patton is the Exact KPF Type we Need

You got that from the interview? He paused for a long time before answering.
He did, but he often takes time to consider what he will say to questions. I wouldn’t read in to it too much.

Patton is the Exact KPF Type we Need

The constantly injured type?

I’m intrigued as to why he didn’t make it back to play this season at any level ( to my knowledge) after doing his knee in June 2018. That’s a ridiculously long recovery time and it does make one ask questions about his durability or his attitude

Last edited:
You mean injury-prone? If so, he’ll fit in well!

Has done three ACL’s. I reckon he’s too heavy and his knees just can’t cope with his explosive jumping, twisting and turning.

Good player though. Reminds me of Tomahawk.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I tend to to agree , although last I heard he had been working on coming back at a substantially lighter weight.

Took a while for Tim Kelly and M Picket to get drafted too. Likewise Miochek. But somebody took the punt.

Taking the mature age player is a better option than taking some 18 year old mid in the draft with our last pick.. that takes longer to develop and has less likelihood to play seniors.

We are still in our window. A couple of canny mature age pick ups could be the difference

Agree - but what's his x-factor?

The constantly injured type?

I’m intrigued as to why he didn’t make it back to play this season at any level ( to my knowledge) after doing his knee in June 2018. That’s a ridiculously long recovery time and it does make one ask questions about his durability or his attitude
He refused to apparently. Google it.

Aka Saints offered him more money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back