List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorry if mentioned previously, but would Dougal Howard be worth pursuing, as a young KP option. Could play either end as well. I would prefer him over Jerker Jenkins, personally

Aiden Bonar as a mid injection would be worth chasing too

For those who continue to say “ look at Hawthorn, look what Clarko does”.....

Sure, over the long haul they have been the benchmark and maybe they still are

But their last four years haven’t been the best.

they have missed finals twice, and in their two most recent finals appearances they went out in straight sets both times.

Last edited:
Took a while for Tim Kelly and M Picket to get drafted too. Likewise Miochek. But somebody took the punt.

Taking the mature age player is a better option than taking some 18 year old mid in the draft with our last pick.. that takes longer to develop and has less likelihood to play seniors.

We are still in our window. A couple of canny mature age pick ups could be the difference

Was playing bloody good footy at VFL level when we let him go so I'm thinking there may have been some underlying issues outside his playing ability that motivated that. Been overlooked by every club across multiple drafts in a time when teams are looking for those Kelly type gems at state league level. And he's gone over to the WAFL and notched a couple of Sandover wins. I get a sense that there is something NQR with him.

You mean injury-prone? If so, he’ll fit in well!

Has done three ACL’s. I reckon he’s too heavy and his knees just can’t cope with his explosive jumping, twisting and turning.

Good player though. Reminds me of Tomahawk.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

No.

Mean a Big Powerful Tall Forward

Sorry if mentioned previously, but would Dougal Howard be worth pursuing, as a young KP option. Could play either end as well. I would prefer him over Jerker Jenkins, personally

Aiden Bonar as a mid injection would be worth chasing too
Funny you mention Dougal - Tom Browne has reported we are chasing him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would absolutely love to get Patton if he hadn’t done 3 knees. Taking that into consideration, its Just not someone we can afford to rely on. Given at the other end we are relying on another player with injury issues.

Then again, if he hadn’t done 3 knees he’d probably be regarded as one of the better KPF’s in the league, have multiple bags of 50+, and cost us an arm and a leg

Was playing bloody good footy at VFL level when we let him go so I'm thinking there may have been some underlying issues outside his playing ability that motivated that. Been overlooked by every club across multiple drafts in a time when teams are looking for those Kelly type gems at state league level. And he's gone over to the WAFL and notched a couple of Sandover wins. I get a sense that there is something NQR with him.

Yeah thought this after I posted. Over the years we have reunited with a couple of players (Tarrant, Beams) but usually once the club cuts them ... they have no interest in them afterwards... irrespective of how they perform

I hope not. Would love to keep these kind of guys around for longer, loved around the club, and at worst is great depth.

I'm hopeful that Bosenavulagi has a great preseason and moves past Varcoe or at least matches what he'd contribute. I also think that if it was a choice of retaining 1 of those poster suggested discard types I'd opt for another year for Broomy over Varcs. Was coming from a long way back for 2019 but was building form and is still only 25.

Would absolutely love to get Patton if he hadn’t done 3 knees. Taking that into consideration, its Just not someone we can afford to rely on. Given at the other end we are relying on another player with injury issues.

Then again, if he hadn’t done 3 knees he’d probably be regarded as one of the better KPF’s in the league, have multiple bags of 50+, and cost us an arm and a leg

No Different then what we have at the Moment and Patton would not be a Long Term Solution

You wouldn’t leave your job for more money and two extra years to set up your family?

This is his only chance to secure a half decent deal from a career that offered so much early but realistically has delivered little.

I still don't understand the concept of leaving for more money. We are talking the difference between being really wealthy or being ridiculously wealthy. If you are happy in what you are doing where you are, you stay for the money they can afford.

Feel like the mental health problem for men might stem from this ridiculous notion that you need to provide more for your family. You need to be there for your family and have enough so they can have a roof over their heads and food on the table, but somehow I don't think the difference between 400k a year and 500k a year is going to change a whole lot, other than possibly a slightly nicer house and car.

Wouldn't you rather just be happy?

I still don't understand the concept of leaving for more money. We are talking the difference between being really wealthy or being ridiculously wealthy. If you are happy in what you are doing where you are, you stay for the money they can afford.

Feel like the mental health problem for men might stem from this ridiculous notion that you need to provide more for your family. You need to be there for your family and have enough so they can have a roof over their heads and food on the table, but somehow I don't think the difference between 400k a year and 500k a year is going to change a whole lot, other than possibly a slightly nicer house and car.

Wouldn't you rather just be happy?

Yeah isn't that the opportunity cost in economics. The difference between 500k and 600k or even $700K PA IS not that much based on fundamental economic principles of e
opportunity cost. It's why players stay more often then not.

Just on this guy, can confirm he has had a meeting with Collingwood and West Coast.

His stats read well and appears a medium goal kicking forward but for those of us who have never seen him play, what does he bring? Is he quick? Does he offer great forward defensive pressure? Does he have scope to play further up the field?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back