List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jenkins is definitely leaving, wouldn’t be a bad one to look at or wait for Cameron to play in the GF and go to him for 2021. Ben King also out of contract at the end of next year.

What if we get a player from another club by offering them more money?

I am a loyal person and I only care about Collingwood...……...he wants to leave for more $ then I wish him nothing but a shit career elsewhere.

That's my opinion and I am entitled to it.

He isn't a 20 year old Nathan Freeman. Jamie has been well looked after while he was on the sidelines.

I am a loyal person and I only care about Collingwood...……...he wants to leave for more $ then I wish him nothing but a s**t career elsewhere.

That's my opinion and I am entitled to it.

He isn't a 20 year old Nathan Freeman. Jamie has been well looked after while he was on the sidelines.
Was the question too difficult for you?

This truly is a bizarre comment given the pars defect injury and his hamstring issues are well known? Strange hill to die on really.

Truly bizarre that a Club like Hawthorn is chasing him with all his "debilitating" injuries.

What would Hawthorn know about this stuff anyway?

Is this the same Jye Bolton that was previously on our list?

Yes. Has been top 3 midfielder in the WAFL for a few years now. Is cheap and ready made....

Even though we have young T brown coming through.... we actually don't have that many other midfielders coming through.... and I think a quality ready made option like Bolton is important with the club's consistent injury profile, a lack of inside grunt to help Adams, and with the uncertainty over Beams future.

If he is staying then he better pull his finger out of his a** and turn up to preseason in a better condition then last year!!...last chance saloon for Sier

Dont worry I've got a huge program mapped out for the preseason with a lot of crosstraining.

Ok so far it involves mostly painball and shooting hoops but that counts right?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's been mentioned in previous years but Jye Bolton is one we should take late in the draft or rookie. Has several years of footy left in him. And clearly too good for the state leagues.

Adds something to the midfield group putting pressure on incumbents, or allowing us to play others like Sidebottom or Pendles in different positions, cover injuries to key midfielders better, etc.

I think he'd push for best 22. But at worst, he racks up the numbers for our VFL team in the meantime

Why has he not been Drafted last few seasons then when he was Winning Sandovers Medals?

Sorry if this has already been discussed but thoughts on Jenkins from Adelaide? Has been announced that he and Adelaide have agreed to part ways and Jenkins himself has declared he is willing to take a pay cut at another club.

Depends on the Price

He's been mentioned in previous years but Jye Bolton is one we should take late in the draft or rookie. Has several years of footy left in him. And clearly too good for the state leagues.

Adds something to the midfield group putting pressure on incumbents, or allowing us to play others like Sidebottom or Pendles in different positions, cover injuries to key midfielders better, etc.

I think he'd push for best 22. But at worst, he racks up the numbers for our VFL team in the meantime

Ben Sokol is the only one I’d like to take out of the WAFL.

My sense was the Beams deal was a long way down the track before Ned Guy stepped into the role. He had to come in and finish it off when it was something the powers that be had worked on for some time including Bucks, Beams, Steele coming together to broker a peace plan of sorts. It wasn't going to be an easy one to step away from and the Lions knew that.

Guy also had an extraordinary number of player contracts coming due within 1-2 years (maybe ~28 from memory). Hine was in over his head as the club review revealed but could be relied upon to select talent. My sense Ned Guy he has done an admirable job of extending contracts, often for lower annual amounts, in order to better manage our salary cap.

As noted, Roughead was seen as one of the better trades of the year for value. We also got Quaynor and Kelly done as highly credentialled Academy/FS picks, while also trading away our Rd 1 pick for Beams.

I think what he's managed so far is quite astute.

I’m not as convinced of that being Guy’s involvement in the Beams deal. I’d be somewhat surprised if Guy didn’t play a leading hand. The timeline was Guy coming on board in November 2017 and Phil passing in March 18.

The rest I can agree with to a certain extent.

Chrispiesssss I’m thinking you might have forgotten the thrust of my opinion? I’m on board, but Brisbane won’t be. If you think otherwise perhaps float it on their board 👍

Last edited:
I’m not as convinced of that being Guy’s involvement in the Beams deal. I’d be somewhat surprised if Guy didn’t play a leading hand with him coming on board in November 2017 and Phil passing in March 18.

The rest I can agree with to a certain extent.

Chrispiesssss I’m thinking you might have forgotten the thrust of my opinion? I’m on board, but Brisbane won’t be. If you think otherwise perhaps float it on their board 👍

Eddie was suppose to be the Head Person to get Beams Back

I would be pissed off if Ed has any involvement in recruiting. It’s important he stays out of stuff that is outside his scope! Let the paid professionals look after it.

That's what I heard. I met a guy early in the year (or was it late last year) who works for the club in a non team admin capacity area. He mentioned the story at the club was that Eddie said "get it done".
I had no reason not to believe him.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Maybe oiu
My sense was the Beams deal was a long way down the track before Ned Guy stepped into the role. He had to come in and finish it off when it was something the powers that be had worked on for some time including Bucks, Beams, Steele coming together to broker a peace plan of sorts. It wasn't going to be an easy one to step away from and the Lions knew that.

Guy also had an extraordinary number of player contracts coming due within 1-2 years (maybe ~28 from memory). Hine was in over his head as the club review revealed but could be relied upon to select talent. My sense Ned Guy he has done an admirable job of extending contracts, often for lower annual amounts, in order to better manage our salary cap.

As noted, Roughead was seen as one of the better trades of the year for value. We also got Quaynor and Kelly done as highly credentialled Academy/FS picks, while also trading away our Rd 1 pick for Beams.

I think what he's managed so far is quite astute.
Scout on Extreme Black N White said:
The Beams trade was about Ned, he knew the Lions would quiver if he held out, but he wanted to deliver so paid overs. The issue is not Beams, but what we paid a
nd that’s attributable to the ego of the deal broker
. We overpaid for Beams, for some right reasons (care for Dayne) and some completely wrong (so Guy could get a win). No room for ego I’m afraid..and here we are.

Just on Ned Guy, good luck to him...but he needed to make a splash in one way or another. My point is he pulled the trigger on a deal that was overs because of the fact he needed to have a win!
Could’ve gone either way I suppose but Brisbane were aware of DB’s ‘vulnerability’ no question.

Why has he not been Drafted last few seasons then when he was Winning Sandovers Medals?

Took a while for Tim Kelly and M Picket to get drafted too. Likewise Miochek. But somebody took the punt.

Taking the mature age player is a better option than taking some 18 year old mid in the draft with our last pick.. that takes longer to develop and has less likelihood to play seniors.

We are still in our window. A couple of canny mature age pick ups could be the difference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back