List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm surprised that we have taken on young indigenous players with Wells and Varcoe on the list. The last two years seems to have been a perfectly opportunity. In fact, I thought one of the reasons that we took Wells was to draft more indigenous players. Looking from a long way away, I tend to think that Derek Hines tends to put emphasis on factors that dont relate well to indigenous players. Matt Rendell has a well known history in this area too. It's not just about picking indigenous players for the sake of it, it involves an element of risk taking. I've said this before and I've referred to Ben Crocker. I would have preferred to take someone who had exhibited a bit of elite talent but who had maybe gone off the rails a little. It's a choice between taking John Noble or Marlon Pickett. We seem to make safe choices except for when Derek thinks he has an elite talent who has been injured - a la Shazz...in fact you can put Stephenson in there too.

We did not have a Chance of Picking Pickett in the Mid Season Draft.

Though I would been happy end of last year to De-List Crocker to get Pickett in the Club

I think we aren’t ruthless enough w Rookie list. Really use it to have a swing at his risk high reward players like Sydney Stack.

I guess sometimes our hands are tied w contracts and moving players from senior to rookie but it’s so frustrating

Pickett at the end of 2018 into Rookie list would have been a great choice

while i agree with you, its hard to be critical of the current rookie list. Broomhead had to be retained on the rookie list because he was injured throwing his leg at the ball - dumping him without giving him a chance would have sent a negative message to the team. Max Lynch looked a prospect. Brody and Noble are in the team. The Irish boys are free hits. Murray had to be retained until he got his punishment. Madgen has been pretty good this year. Not easy to find a spot

while i agree with you, its hard to be critical of the current rookie list. Broomhead had to be retained on the rookie list because he was injured throwing his leg at the ball - dumping him without giving him a chance would have sent a negative message to the team. Max Lynch looked a prospect. Brody and Noble are in the team. The Irish boys are free hits. Murray had to be retained until he got his punishment. Madgen has been pretty good this year. Not easy to find a spot
Agree w most you say except Broomhead
Good analysis of the rookie spots

I think Broomy stalled before last year and I think sometimes hard decisions like this need to be made
I think if we had Stack or Pickett and they help us win a premiership it validates the choice(?)

Anyway - hoping in the future we’re not constrained by having to place players on the Rookie and have some free swings

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Talks on Nicks that we are interested in Olle Wines

“iF” Grundy has intentions on leaving Dave this bloke is a good start for compensation.

Wines will end up at Essendon i think, their midfield is weak as piss and hes what they need.

A few years ago I said Wines was one you’d throw the kitchen sink at and build a midfield around. Has really taken a fall, in the last couple of years. He would be disappointing if he came to us imo.

A few years ago I said Wines was one you’d throw the kitchen sink at and build a midfield around. Has really taken a fall, in the last couple of years. He would be disappointing if he came to us imo.

Well we do need Inside who can win a Clearnce.

Hartlett also went Backwards bit like Wines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back