List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
GWS GIANTS gain Pick 51 and a future fourth-round pick. COLLINGWOOD gains a future third-round pick.

For those of you that watch Homeland, Hine would be dragged into a room and basically told he was a GWS operative.

When he asks for proof they just read our that trade. Damning.

Purely a name I've thrown up, not suggesting his our answer....anymore suggestions for a Hine replacement if their was to be change, since their are so many f experts on here....
Probably going to be in the minority but I wouldn’t be moving Hine on because I think he can fix the holes in our list quite easily. It can only take one draft and we can start with a good base by picking someone in the top 10 and then Reef.

Anyone notice what Longmuir is doing at freo?

cleaning our spuds/list cloggers, cleaning out coaches, sports head etc. because freo are stale!

we are in the same boat, but nothing will change until end of 2021. Far to late. Our list management is inexcusable For one. A complete clean out and fresh ideas and faces is needed to reinvigorate this club.

Probably going to be in the minority but I wouldn’t be moving Hine on because I think he can fix the holes in our list quite easily. It can only take one draft and we can start with a good base by picking someone in the top 10 and then Reef.

Rocket Science eh?

Oh really, he has selected Weitering, Charlie Curnow (is a star but injured) McKay, Cripps etc. He has selected very good KP players, would be an upgrade on Hine!
Anyone can make those picks early in the draft. Not sure who of his late picks have gone on to become valuable.

There was an article a while back where Carlton weren’t even looking at Cripps. MM brought him into consideration and basically pushed his own agenda.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh really, he has selected Weitering, Charlie Curnow (is a star but injured) McKay, Cripps etc. He has selected very good KP players, would be an upgrade on Hine!

Cripps was drafted in 2013, SS moved to Carlton in 2015. Weitering (1), McKay (10) and Curnow (12) all came from inside the first round of the same draft. The rest of his record is bordering on atrocious, 9 blokes pulled in from GWS and only 2 of them remain at Carlton. Traded Zac Touhy for Billie Smedts.

Ok so seeing as we missed yet another KPF boat in Riccardi, and Finlayson was dropped, we need to try and grab him. Again he’s not the saviour but we be very handy to have, just not sell the farm for. Hit the draft, get two mids early with our first and then reef, try and find a cheap KPF later, and see if we can grab finlayson, brown utilising next years first in pick swaps etc and if recent events point to Stevo wanting out, so be it, we capitalise on this somehow. BUT unlike many I want Stevo! And he should be bloody playing now!

Last edited:
He didn’t select Cripps fyi

16 disposals 2.1 in first game. And we are playing 2 rucks as forwards. Fmd laughing stock
I want to puke knowing Riccardi went at pick 51 and we didn't take him. Literally exactly what we need. Gobsmacked...

He is the worst recruiting manager the league had. This is a laughable suggestion. Tell me one other good Carlton midfielder besides Cripps and Walsh? Walsh was no1 pick and still no where near the player lukosius or Bailey smith will be. With the amount of draft picks the bluesers had, how could u not get some right?? Absolute spud, absolute balderdash of a suggestion.

I think this is a cop out everyone says he had x picks at GWS and then Carlton but facts are GC had same picks but pissed them up a wall vs his (GWS) who made a team most thought was going to be multi flag team (coaching let down here).

Both teams had multiple players taken from them so dont go there. I think SOS should get more Kudos then he does.

I think this is a cop out everyone says he had x picks at GWS and then Carlton but facts are GC had same picks but pissed them up a wall vs his (GWS) who made a team most thought was going to be multi flag team (coaching let down here).

Both teams had multiple players taken from them so dont go there. I think SOS should get more Kudos then he does.
Well actually they didn't have the same picks. GWS had more picks in their first draft and also more pre-draft selections who were all rated extremely highly.

Well actually they didn't have the same picks. GWS had more picks in their first draft and also more pre-draft selections who were all rated extremely highly.

Not by many though, and GWS with the amount of players poach plus their best 22 plus the half a dozen that are in their 2s most teams would have in their firsts is enough to know that he got it right.

GC on the other hand shat the bed despite getting given a golden goose.

Lol...no he doesn't and he never has. He only started using his bulk in the past 3-4 years when his running was starting to wain. Now he's so big that he can't get on the park without straining something. Don't get me wrong, great player but he didn't have to body up because he was so much faster than everybody else. Next you'll be telling me he's a wonderful contested mark!
His actual marking is lacking but the body work beforehand had always been good.

Him not bodying you because he’s quick is just a myth.

His actual marking is lacking but the body work beforehand had always been good.

Him not bodying you because he’s quick is just a myth.
His body work itself was often good, but I found that Bud sometimes played himself out of games if he was drawn into wrestling matches early in his career.

For those of you that watch Homeland, Hine would be dragged into a room and basically told he was a GWS operative.

When he asks for proof they just read our that trade. Damning.
Without assessing the potential draftees, on the surface this appears to be a big win for Collingwood. Our recruiting team should have considered why this trade would be contemplated by GWS. A deal that’s too good to be true, usually is.
Do we know if it was GWS that suggested this pick swap or us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back