List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For all those melting over Brown, do you honestly believe that North would unceremoniously chuck a 60 goal per year forward out the door, destroying his trade value in the process, if they though he was going to be capable of even getting close to back to his best form? North are a rabble but they’re not completely stupid. Even going in to a rebuild, with the strong likelihood of McDonald being drafted, you keep a guy like Brown for your next gen to learn from and to provide leadership. That is, unless you know he’s cooked and will be dead weight for the next 3-4 years.

For mine its always been simple. Do you take him for nothing? You might....but he fits our forward structure and the way we like to play even less than he fits North's. It's never been about his "injury" for me because he's had suspect knees all of his career...its about the way he has to play. Rather try a VFL prospect or a kid from the draft.

For all those melting over Brown, do you honestly believe that North would unceremoniously chuck a 60 goal per year forward out the door, destroying his trade value in the process, if they though he was going to be capable of even getting close to back to his best form? North are a rabble but they’re not completely stupid. Even going in to a rebuild, with the strong likelihood of McDonald being drafted, you keep a guy like Brown for your next gen to learn from and to provide leadership. That is, unless you know he’s cooked and will be dead weight for the next 3-4 years.

North hired a second rate coach at the end of last year who has proven to know Jack all about coaching. So much so that the rumours are that North are looking for a senior coach to come in and oversee. They are a rabble and completely stupid. If nothing else, that is clear.

Didn't Brown and his wife lose a child this year? Adding on to the stress of the hubs situation as well as the injury concerns, not to mention that it would be almost impossible to get a kick in the North forwardline this year with their garbage midfield... is it any surprise that he underperformed?

Why is it more likely that Browns one average year, under these circumstances, is more indicative of his ability, than his previous three?

But he's been taking all these CONTESTED marks......surely he'd kick goals against anybody??????

Come on Rob, I'm not saying that he's Carey. But 180 goals over 3 years isn't sh*t by any stretch. How can we sit here with our mediocre forwardline and honestly say that Brown wouldn't add value?

Yeah he has kicked goals. Lots of them. 229.105 over 87 games from 2016-2019 to be exact. Get your head out of the sand.
If you wanted some math, that’s 3 goals a game basically.

Mate, I'm not gonna argue with you, YOU want a bloke who kicks bags against weaker sides on his own home deck (inside) and I don't. We're allowed to disagree surely? Oh and if my heads in the sand (happy with that cos I live at the beach)....you'll need to consult a proctologist I'm afraid.

Only Joking....

Would be an interesting move, but I think he’s made his bread and butter as a small lockdown defender. Maybe they are planing on moving Maynard or IQ up the ground?

I think Noble might be moved to a wing regardless of Jetta. Cats targetted and exploited his lack of size. It's the only time that it happened this year, but I expect it to become a go to tactic against us if he stays in defence.

Cos we want to WIN games against gun teams who ALSO "have premiership level defences" and Ben's not too good against them.
Lol, you are just taking the p*** surely ,Browns goal averaged 2.4 ,Cox goal average 1.2 over the last 5 years no comparison.
and if anyone thinks we can get near a flag with Cox as our kpf then you need to stop taking whatever it is that's burning your brain out.

He is not a contested marking forward is the biggest load of crock and I’m seriously over everyone going down that narrative.

Ive already bought this up but I’ll do it again.

Brown’s contested marking numbers
2016 - 49 (5th in the league)
2017 - 43 (7th in the league)
2018 - 36 (12th in the league)
2019 - 35 (15th in the league)

So he’s been top 15 in the league for contested marking at over 2 a game for the best part of 4 years. He’s played most of his games at Marvel.

His MCG record is very good and we play most of our games at the G where there’s loads of space to lead into. What is the issue?
Lmao don’t see Mason Cox kicking 180+ goals over 3 years. The disrespect to Ben Brown is both bemusing and appalling.

BB is not repeating that 3 yr total again - because if he was NM would not be trading him, and he would not be struggling to find a club.

Mate, I'm not gonna argue with you, YOU want a bloke who kicks bags against weaker sides on his own home deck (inside) and I don't. We're allowed to disagree surely? Oh and if my heads in the sand (happy with that cos I live at the beach)....you'll need to consult a proctologist I'm afraid.

Only Joking....
I'd prefer sand everyday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like him but at 31, I think we should be looking harder.

Yeah seems a bit strange doesn’t it. I can recall we were linked a couple of post seasons in a row recently with trying to get Harbrow from Suns. That didn’t eventuate. Hopefully turns out the same here.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Well the forwards are the cause of the poor ball movement that’s why the club is looking to fix the forward line

Rubbish - what we do off half back and through the middle is the cause of our poor ball movement. Nothing the forwards do will help when we have a 5-10 possession chain coming off half back which maybe makes it up to the opposite wing (if we're lucky).

As soon as we bite the bullet and push the ball forward with speed (or get a quick centre clearance) our forwards look a lot better because they don't have 3 or 4 opposition players rolling over and dropping into the space in front of the ball.

Come on Rob, I'm not saying that he's Carey. But 180 goals over 3 years isn't sh*t by any stretch. How can we sit here with our mediocre forwardline and honestly say that Brown wouldn't add value?

As I said, get him for nothing... ok...he'll kick 30 a season maybe. But to do that he'll need precise ball placement (kicking to him and him alone). To do it he'll also need 17 other clubs to relax their defensive zones so that he can make his 20-30m leads. He'll need every other Collingwood forward to block and hold for him whilst he leads straight at the ball carrier and then he'll need Daicos and Pendles to be the only players to make forward entries towards him.

BTW...I'm glad he's not Carey cos that slime would never be welcome at Collingwood, but its just that his style of play has been superseded in the past couple of years. Those leading types don't get the space to lead into any more.

Honestly the melts here... I don’t believe for a second that we’re getting Jetta.

Hey everyone, there's a rumour on the interwebs. Bloody Collingwood! I can't believe they're doing what it says in that rumour. What a bunch of morons.

Only Joking....

So why in 2019 did he kick 32.16 in 11 games against top 8.
5.0 against Richmond, 5.0 against Geelong, 0.4 against us and 3.2 and 3.1 against Brisbane (the top 4 teams)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back