List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can people stop using the retirements of Pendles and Sidey as reasons for drafting KPP? All players have a lifespan and we've played games this year without these two....so just leave it out of the conversation.

Okay, let’s leave them out.

What about Adams (27), Treloar (27), Elliott (28), Grundy (26), Crisp (weeks away from 27), Howe (30)

Can we spend a couple of years with that core group waiting for a KPF from the draft to come on?

As I said last night, time will tell.

But it’s pretty reasonable to assume that north said we will give you 3 years X $x, if you can do better we will entertain a trade.

You are looking at it from a different perspective.

But just remember, we have so much cap space it’s not funny. We are Cleary rebuilding for an extended stay at the bottom. From a list perspective it makes sense to trade a 27 year old that won’t be around to help us win finals when our kids mature.

Also, just wanted to point out as well. Before this year I don’t think Brown has ever missed a game due to injury.

Anyway, I’m just here for a discussion, so no need for any animosity peeps.

So it seems you were wrong last night when you said the club was happy to keep BB on? They're working at getting him off the books agreed???

I think I've already said thats fine Shawbs...but let NM pay his salary. They've created this mess...CFC shouldn't be "guilted" by supporters falling for a quick fix. BB is welcome to come to CFC if he costs us nothing.

Previous 3 years he kicked 61, 63, 64 goals - and you want him to come for nothing and part of his salary paid?

Hey, you aren’t related to Adrian Dodoro are you?

Okay, let’s leave them out.

What about Adams (27), Treloar (27), Elliott (28), Grundy (26), Crisp (weeks away from 27), Howe (30)

Can we spend a couple of years with that core group waiting for a KPF from the draft to come on?
I'd cash in on Treloar and Elliot while there is some value and try to bring in some great faces. Do something different!!!

So it seems you were wrong last night when you said the club was happy to keep BB on? They're working at getting him off the books agreed???

Totally disagree

We are rebuilding and want draft picks. He has currency and won’t be around to be part of the new generation.

You remember when Hawthorn traded Trent croad or Nathan Thompson? It’s like that mate.

Can people stop using the retirements of Pendles and Sidey as reasons for drafting KPP? All players have a lifespan and we've played games this year without these two....so just leave it out of the conversation.

How is it not relevant though? We currently have star quality players in the midfield who can still contribute enough to hep get us a flag. However they are reaching retirement, and we have no forward line.

There's a very real possibility we have serious problems in the midfield when they retire. So by the time the drafted forward develops enough to be a premiership forward threat, our problems just reverse.

If theres a scenario where where we can have the best of both worlds why would we not go for it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ben Brown, who was put on ice for the remainder of Norths dead season after having an arthroscope (and sustsining no ligament damage) getting called "fragile" and "cooked"....

I'd love to know what the same people think about the hopes of Jeremy Howe coming back and regaining his prior form after tearing his PCL and MCL.

I’m on the fence with brown, I see the strengths and weaknesses, But I do find the concerns with his knee strange. Lynch if I recall had a knee reconstruction in 2018 and we had no concerns, browns having a minor arthroscopy and he’s Cooked?..

Apparently his manager said on a radio program that Brown had a bone-on-bone knee issue. That's more than a simple arthroscopy and is the cause of peoples concern. If that's true there has to be serious concerns about Brown recapturing his best footy, in a similar way that Langdon is struggling for us.

This time last year Brown was covering over 15k a game and runner up in the Coleman. Bit coincidental isn't it that he now has a degenerative knee injury in a year when he rejected North's offer to stick around through a full rebuild, 16 minute quarters and a family tragedy?

I don't care if he starts his run up from Chechnya and looks like a Yahoo Serious cosplay. The guy kicks goals, which is exactly what we need. Seriously, he kicked a bag of 10 in a game, only 13 months ago at a rabble club!

Apparently his manager said on a radio program that Brown had a bone-on-bone knee issue. That's more than a simple arthroscopy and is the cause of peoples concern. If that's true there has to be serious concerns about Brown recapturing his best footy, in a similar way that Langdon is struggling for us.

Then IF that bad then he either get no New Teams or Come very Cheap then

With respect I think that's an oversold theory, and he's "only" 130 games anyway. Cox may have only been playing 6 years but he is nearly 30 and 7-footers generally don't have long AFL careers. Checkers only 3rd season of AFL but has been playing senior footy since he was 18, at a lower level where his preparation and injury management wouldn't have been anywhere near as good.

With the exception of the Dogs, every recent Premier has had a reliable, goal kicking key forward. One is being presented to us (almost) on a platter and people still aren't happy. You can walk and chew gum at the same time, too. No reason we can't trade for Brown but still add some younger players through the draft or pick up other handy recruits.

His trade value is as low as it has been his entire career and is still only 27. The club will do their due diligence and should be doing everything they can (within reason) to get him.

There's only been one other and he played till 37 and 270 odd games.....
320px-Aaron_Sandilands_and_Lance_Whitnall.jpg

And you're right...I CAN walk and chew gum....I just don't wanna be forced to chew someone else's second hand gum

I'm in the camp of... KPF's don't grow on trees and become available all too often.

I'll certainly take Brown. Collingwood heritage. His run up always used to annoy me, but I would enjoy it on the other foot.

Anyone that can kick more goals in 1 season than our whole forward line in 2 years, I'll take.

Fix our ball movement up, and should fit right in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back