• 6, 10, 11, 26 & WCE 2025 R2

• 6, 10, 18, 26 & WCE 2025 R2

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

After reading 11 threads, my guess is
Rioli - 6 & 23
Baker - 14
Shai - 10 & 11 ( with something going back)

Our hand without any further pick deals - 1,6,10,11,14,23 & the rest
Rioli & 51 for 6 & 23
Baker & 43 for 14
Shai, 14 & 32 for 10, 11, 18 & 30

Angry Season 3 GIF by SuccessionHBO
there goes our shot at pick 2 next year

Just kidding this is good news
Nope, we'll be looking a priority pick by this time next year 😉

Mentioned on Sen this morning we linked to Harry sharp at lions , looks a bit like peatling , pacy outside mid , fa senior games he’s 21 , avg 22p at VFL , was emerg for GF
Ahh so that's where Tigerbob gets his mail

Mentioned on Sen this morning we linked to Harry sharp at lions , looks a bit like peatling , pacy outside mid , fa senior games he’s 21 , avg 22p at VFL , was emerg for GF
who gives a toss???

lol, the days of us chasing Martin and Cumberland our of the Lions academy are over I would have thought, we have good draft picks again

Balta has signed four seven, Bolton has four more so far, Hopper and Taranto 5 years at least, we can hit the draft hard now

The reality is there is alot of pressure on Freo to get this done for Shai

Freo is in the window, now, and we are not

Lets look at worse case scenarios and Shai does not get traded, what happens

Richmond

Richmond is stuck with 1,6,14,20,23 and Shai Bolton stands out of football for a year, or dials it in and doesn't try,
Big deal, we are not winning the flag in 2025 anyway, we just trade him at the end of 2025, or he turns it around and plays good footy
We allready have a heap of draft picks, it would be annoying but, whatever, if he does not turn up in Melbourne, he would forfeit $1.25m a year, do you really reckon that is gunna happen, I don't. There is some risk, but most of the risk is on Freo

Fremantle

If they cannot bring Shai home, they are screwed, firstly they cannot win the flag without him, they can't even make the finals without him. It also screws them with Pickett and Warner, there is no way that these players will nominate Freo ahead of West Coast if they are coming home next tear. These players will not want to be left high and dry like Bolton, where Freo committed to them, like they did to Shai and would not pay the price, how embarrassing

The more I think about it the more I am positive we just need to hold firm, Wednesday afternoon they will do the deal 100% for 10,11 at least, probably more. If they do not they have screwed themselves and Longmuir will be odds on favourite to be sacked by midseason.

In Blair we trust
lol shai ain’t standing out of football on a 1.25mn contract ,,,what world you living in . Rehash that with a dose of common sense

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The reality is there is alot of pressure on Freo to get this done for Shai

Freo is in the window, now, and we are not

Lets look at worse case scenarios and Shai does not get traded, what happens

Richmond

Richmond is stuck with 1,6,14,20,23 and Shai Bolton stands out of football for a year, or dials it in and doesn't try,
Big deal, we are not winning the flag in 2025 anyway, we just trade him at the end of 2025, or he turns it around and plays good footy
We allready have a heap of draft picks, it would be annoying but, whatever, if he does not turn up in Melbourne, he would forfeit $1.25m a year, do you really reckon that is gunna happen, I don't. There is some risk, but most of the risk is on Freo

Fremantle

If they cannot bring Shai home, they are screwed, firstly they cannot win the flag without him, they can't even make the finals without him. It also screws them with Pickett and Warner, there is no way that these players will nominate Freo ahead of West Coast if they are coming home next tear. These players will not want to be left high and dry like Bolton, where Freo committed to them, like they did to Shai and would not pay the price, how embarrassing

The more I think about it the more I am positive we just need to hold firm, Wednesday afternoon they will do the deal 100% for 10,11 at least, probably more. If they do not they have screwed themselves and Longmuir will be odds on favourite to be sacked by midseason.

In Blair we trust

lol, you really think Freo are a chance with Shai?

What have you been drinking from what they have given you?

Sharp would be a good get.

why??

draftees are better and suit our windows more

it just means he is a Lions off cut because Ashcrofts are better, Fletcher is better, Wilmot is better and you want us to visit no mans land??

You know why draftees are better, because when older Ashcroft drops, FOS keeps surging and coming and oiur window and premierships are soaring

besides Lions have plenty of academy players coming in, Sharp serves nect to no purpose apart from half pregnant no mans land visitation cards

why??

it just means he is a Lions off cut because Ashcrofts are better, Fletcher is better, Wilmot is better and you want us to visit no mans land??

You know why draftees are better, because when older Ashcroft drops, FOS keeps surging and coming and oiur window and premierships are soaring

besides Lions have plenty of academy players coming in, Sharp serves nect to no purpose apart from half pregnant no mans land visitation cards
Be better than Dow though

Part of me thinks should have let Balta go pocketed the pick 2 and grabbed a FA with the cash in 2026.

That's the dumb part of the compo that signing your good players isn't necessarily the best thing to do.
Plan B
Our AFLW side is taking Kozi next year.
950k should see us getting pick 2.

why??

Lions midfield is full of talent and runs deep. His not has been.or anything still good age. Got speed and a good kick emergency in gf

Where was Karen Cornes outrage when Geesook got Jack Bowes and pick 7 for literally taking over a contract 😂 fmd the guy despises Richmond the dumb campaigner

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency - Fred 11

Back