Mega Thread Trade/Free Agency Open Discussion - RFC Forum

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I don't get is how they could not have room for Stevie J on their list, yet they are taking so many late picks
Did you see Stevie J's last few games?
Not his stats but his games?
Slow as a wet week.

Who is managed by this Colin Young campaigner?

"Disappointed with remarks from Richmond footy GM Dan Richardson about Harley Bennell from when Bennell visited the Tigers last month. Might impact on discussions with the Tigers about other players in his stable next year." On AFL trade radio.

Oh really - any smart player wouldn't want to hear that their manager was prepared to be a grudge in front of their own best interests surely?

The reason I ask for specifics is the "just do more" nutters just want action, but accept none of the prices for doing it

They want high priced talent, without over paying

They want elite kids, but not by using our first round to get them

They want to bring in better skills, but with trading anyone but fringe players for them

If you can't overpay and can't trade, how are you supposed to get these deals done? Magic beans?

The notion these guys switch clubs because they had coffee with Cotch is so far gone it's not funny

It's about coin and it's about success. We don't have the latter, so we can only fight with coin

Source?

Treloar nominates pies, benny cracks the shit publicly
Benell goes to freo, dan gets on the radio and expresses his disappointment....

Is there a need for this.? it does impact club reputation..!

Yep, this ^^^...we keep up this appearance of being professional and playing our cards next to our chest but when we get our arses handed to us we go sooking in the media...not good...just STFU and get on with it.

If it was Day 1, I could understand that, but we're more than halfway through the Trade period now.

Clubs are becoming too conservative with their discussions, and we're one of the worst in that regard.

How do you equate not blabbing about their trade discussions with being too conservative?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So is the Yarran trade gonna happen or what? What are we going to give up?
Reckon the poor press this draft has copped will make it pretty tough to not give 12.

Yeah. Heard that interview. Obviously was slighted by Dan's comment and retaliated. Just wind.

Yeah, and he said Lyon was a goose after Ross dissed Mitch Clark: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-09-09/freo-no-to-whats-his-name-

Next minute, sends Bennell to Freo because they are just top people.

Goldfish.

I don't think they cracked the shits. They had interviews and where asked about it? What do you expect them to say?

How do you equate not blabbing about their trade discussions with being too conservative?

By not having anything of significance done yet.

The Yarran deal should have been completed by mid last-week, and he should have his locker organized at Punt Road by now, and we should be trying to organize a 3rd or even 4th trade at this point.

Blair and co. have had months, if not years, to get things in place for improvement of the list, and so far, they have organized one trade for a relatively unproven kid.

I'm not having a go at Townsend, in-fact I'm happy with the trade and I do think he can add value to our team at a very low cost. But one trade for a relative unknown, and absolutely no statements or updates regarding Yarran, with 3 days left of Trade week, is a pretty useless effort.

The first time Geelong miss the finals for 7 or 8 years, and they have landed:

Patrick Dangerfield
Scott Selwood
Lachie Hendersen
Zac Smith

And they did all of that in less than a week.

Reckon the poor press this draft has copped will make it pretty tough to not give 12.

I hope we can use 12 in the draft and find a 200 game player rather than give it up for one that might play 100 or so for us and has had off field issues.

By not having anything of significance done yet.

The Yarran deal should have been completed by mid last-week, and he should have his locker organized at Punt Road by now, and we should be trying to organize a 3rd or even 4th trade at this point.

Blair and co. have had months, if not years, to get things in place for improvement of the list, and so far, they have organized one trade for a relatively unproven kid.

I'm not having a go at Townsend, in-fact I'm happy with the trade and I do think he can add value to our team at a very low cost. But one trade for a relative unknown, and absolutely no statements or updates regarding Yarran, with 3 days left of Trade week, is a pretty useless effort.

The first time Geelong miss the finals for 7 or 8 years, and they have landed:

Patrick Dangerfield
Scott Selwood
Lachie Hendersen
Zac Smith

And they did all of that in less than a week.
Oh I remember the year we did a number of trades within days and were the hero of the media for having done so.

get crowley for free, i reckon hes got that hard edge and no nonsense fitness approachhe could teach our guys, plus i reckon hes reckon to stick up it up to everyone next year. nothing really to lose, be a good training partner at a minimum

even if he only played one game next year, id be sending him straight to Boomer next time we play north. he alwys kills us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back