Mega Thread Trade/Free Agency Open Discussion - RFC Forum

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...076886092?sv=5a65d476ed214e6cf33d4c1df50d40d4
As the trade period unfolds, if there is an opportunity to achieve that (midfield depth) through players from other clubs, then that will be considered,” Richardson said.

“But at this point there is not anyone we have formally approached, are talking to or have said that they want to leave where they are at.

“Our strategy is we are keen to improve the depth of our midfield. We’ll be investing pretty heavily in this year’s draft, hence we delisted seven players. We aim to have four to five draft selections plus some rookie selections.”
Get these facts out of here, they have no point being here for all these melty melty doomsayers :D:D

Get these facts out of here, they have no point being here for all these melty melty doomsayers :D:D

What facts?

We did go after Trengove. We did go after Armitage as has been stated numerous times throughout the year.

Being aggressive in the draft is not doing nothing but keeping your picks you were allocated. **** sake.

So we did absolutely nothing last year but pick players with the picks allocated to us and people are happy? After losing again in the Elimination final? To the team finishing 8th. Who did something brave in free agency.

Logic.

No, i saw it. Yet how many of those elite midfielders are there on the market? 1 (treloar)? 2? those "elite" mids are not easily pried loose. Fyfe didnt leave, Dangerfield was always going to Geelong or staying in Adelaide. Treloar im pissed at yet it seems to be that he chose Collingwood due to his past connections with bux and pendlebury and is drinking their kool-aid as such.

An "elite" player is in the top 10% of players, how many of them realistically change teams. We can talk players up of being "elite" all day long, yet there's only a handful. Getting a good inside mid to help the like of Cotch and Miles could make them Become elite, we went for Bennell and something made us say no, we went for Treloar and he said thanks but no thanks, we went for Fyfe the year/s before and he stayed put. Everyone investigated Dangerfield but that was just due dilligence

Where are these "Elite" midfielders that we could supposedly get and are throwing the towel in for? im not saying i like what he's said, i just dont agree with the "sky is falling" revolt going on
Players being on the market is crap. Were Burgoyne, Gunston, McEvoy etc. on the market when they went to Hawthorn or did the Hawks target them and go and get them, like I mean actually get them playing for hawthorn, not get them interested before they re-sign with their current club? Adelaide were filthy with Gunston, Port demanded huge for Burgoyne and St Kilda gave up McEvoy because the compensation fitted their pre determined rebuilding strategy. But they all ended up in the poos and wees.

People are funny.

Blair works all year round yeah? Not just this month. So he has all year to ring and approach players and get them interested. Like Hawthorn and Collingwood do. You know. Smart recruiting.

Yet we don't get anyone of note or have the ability to. Dare say that's a fail at his job.

What facts?

We did go after Trengove. We did go after Armitage as has been stated numerous times throughout the year.

Being aggressive in the draft is not doing nothing but keeping your picks you were allocated. **** sake.

So we did absolutely nothing last year but pick players with the picks allocated to us and people are happy? After losing again in the Elimination final? To the team finishing 8th. Who did something brave in free agency.

Logic.

Yes facts, I've shown you direct quotes from our list manager that they always intended to invest heavily in the draft, we had 'links' to a few players, funny, how the only one they didn't have on there is the one that the club did openly chase in Trengove.

The media spin shit mate, it's 2015, stop believing everything you read and hear from the media.

Btw you sound like someone who was either on the board or apart of the club through the Frawley/Wallace days, trade trade trade just for the sake of it.

Yes facts, I've shown you direct quotes from our list manager that they always intended to invest heavily in the draft, we had 'links' to a few players, funny, how the only one they didn't have on there is the one that the club did openly chase in Trengove.

The media spin shit mate, it's 2015, stop believing everything you read and hear from the media.

Btw you sound like someone who was either on the board or apart of the club through the Frawley/Wallace days, trade trade trade just for the sake of it.

The media spin shit but the club doesn't.

Lol I've heard it all.

It's ok. We can pull our dicks out in measuring contests about membership numbers or crowd numbers or gid forbid, profit we make.

That's what it's all about.

Players being on the market is crap. Were Burgoyne, Gunston, McEvoy etc. on the market when they went to Hawthorn or did the Hawks target them and go and get them, like I mean actually get them playing for hawthorn, not get them interested before they re-sign with their current club? Adelaide were filthy with Gunston, Port demanded huge for Burgoyne and St Kilda gave up McEvoy because the compensation fitted their pre determined rebuilding strategy. But they all ended up in the poos and wees.

So they did the same thing we have done for Yarran.

The media spin shit but the club doesn't.

Lol I've heard it all.

It's ok. We can pull our dicks out in measuring contests about membership numbers or crowd numbers or gid forbid, profit we make.

That's what it's all about.

Never said the club didn't, but I'd rather back there word then the medias.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As long as they hook 70k worth of members and money is coming in, premierships are an after thought. The serious want to win a flag isn't there. Competitive is good enough.

Welcome back Bob.

Premierships are an afterthought? Who at RFC told you that? I want them sacked.

Or maybe you're just guessing like the rest of us.

What facts?

Logic.

I'm more than happy to take a day off for this DrMike, Some peeps just need to be told to stop talking.

images

With the exception of Lennon all came in and replaced someone ahead of them. Vlastuin was one of our better players in the elimination final vs Carlton.
Don't get me wrong, I love all those guys, my point is though that none of them at the world on fire straight away. And let's be honest, the earlier ones got games because there was nothing else.

What facts?

Logic.
read the quoted text that i quoted

The reason we got beat by North wasn't because Cotch got 9 touches, it's because we didn't go for hitherto spuds in free agency

Of course

Players owe Dimma, Blair & Gale an apology. Not the other way around

No mate. It's all set up now.

Get the right players who can actually win. Instead of the cheap types that continue to fail when the pressure comes.

We lost again because the players couldn't handle the pressure. Ditto the coach.

Who sets this up? Players certainly don't pick the players they play with.

We need to get better players who can handle the pressure. That's the requirement.

And does it really matter if we don't get this supposed 'big fish'? Will the club fold? Does the world end? We haven't lost any talent on the list, if we don't trade for someone we don't lose picks, we head to the draft, and we add to our even more talented list, FFS people really just don't get it, we've had 3 strong years, 3 consecutive finals appearances, something that hasn't been achieved at this club for a very very long time, the team will only get better, with or without this 'big fish'.

Oh the club didn't get Treloar, didn't get Dangerfield.

crying-baby.jpg

Oh the club didn't over pay for spuds in Henderson, Selwood.

crying-baby.jpg

Oh the club didn't go hard enough for Bennell

crying-baby.jpg

We aren't a destination club

crying-baby.jpg

Seriously it's become a joke, and to the people saying that players took under's to get this 'big fish', did you perhaps stop to think, maybe, just maybe they took under's so there was enough to go around for when the younger ones start asking for more that there would be $ there? Shall I bring up the old articles of when GWS tried poaching Martin in his second year for 750k PY? Or when GCS tried poaching Cotchin? Or when Fremantle went very hard after Riewoldt? Or when Hawthorn went hard at Rance?
whats really stupid is that the trade week hasn't even began.
Can't stop laughing.
We don't even know what we've traded in or out?
Fairly important piece of information there I would have thoght!
Just say Yarran and Townsend do come over and we retain 12 and Lennon.
Isn't that a good result?
Let's just see what happens FFS.
I posted months ago that I'm not particularly fussed about a big fish because it very rarely if ever works.
You can't just turn your team into a star team with one player.
Our fans just don't have the patience which I understand due to our poor recent history and I stress again the bloody stuff the club say.
I wish they wouldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back