List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Do you support the club trading for picks 2 and/or 3?

• Yes Trade for 2 & 3

• Yes But Only For 2 or 3

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

1728031802671.png

Trade & Free Agency Dates

Free Agency Period - Friday October 4th 9am to Friday October 11th 5pm

Trade Period - Monday 7th October 9am to Wednesday October 16th 7.30pm

Richmond have been linked to the following players:
Ben Hobbs
Elijah Tsatas
Jai Culley
Connor Stone
Jacob Konstanty

Last edited:
Are we at that point we just don't deal with Freo for Bolton?

The commentary is that they dont want to hand over Picks 14 and 15 - which I doubt we will find a player as good as Shai Bolton for.

To end up with Picks 14 and 21 are gross for a genuine star, at this prime with 4 years left on his deal. We ain't in the business of putting Freo in contention for a flag.

However, to bundle Baker and Bolton to the Eagles is more attractive

I'm happy with Picks 3 and 23 (27) for Baker and Bolton and Freo can get ****ed ?

Pick 1, 3, 6 (Rioli) are pretty damn good

Eagles lose Bo Allen though
It will be 13 and 14!!!!!

The commentary is that they dont want to hand over Picks 14 and 15 - which I doubt we will find a player as good as Shai Bolton for.

To end up with Picks 14 and 21 are gross for a genuine star, at this prime with 4 years left on his deal. We ain't in the business of putting Freo in contention for a flag.

I'm happy with Picks 3 and 23 (27) for Baker and Bolton and Freo can get ****ed ?

pick 14 and 15 are daylight robbery by freo for bolton

wtf is going on !!

She's a moron.

It goes back to the very start, and is why we weren't included in the first incarnation of the VFL in 1897. Melbourne footy establishment is and always has been very Rule Brittania Protestant and Richmond was Bolshy Irish Catholic. Richmond men refused to go get shot for King and Country in Flanders trenches while the Poms were occupying Ireland, that sort of thing.

I highly recommend George Megalogenis' book 'The Football Solution: How Richmond's premiership can save Australia' for a history lesson on RFC, Richmond the suburb, the V/AFL, and Melbourne culture and politics. Great read.

Interesting. Ordered.

If that's what they're offering just walk away. They're a noob club, always have been. Just relocate some of his family here.

They will offer their pick 7 + next years first to freo for Andrew brayshaw
Then offer pick 8 + second round pick this year tied to Adelaide for sam Houston
Heard that Brayshaw is not happy freo going after Bolton but moreso Wagner.

Since then, maybe even before, we’ve been hated.
Definitely before. The ''70's and early '80's at least.

Probably earlier.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I just wanted to know If Daniel Rioli is contracted and if so for how long. Thanks.

The carry on about compensation picks is full of hypocrisy.

We've got posters complaining about 'spuds' from other sides netting their teams band 1/2 compensation, but then also wanting our own 'spud' in Graham to net us band 2 or 3 compensation if he departs.

The reasoning for the compensation picks is quite simple, the players are subject to bidding wars, which elevates their contract value and eventually their current club is going to reach a point where letting them depart is worth more than having them stay, both due to them being uncomfortable in paying the money required and the pick they get in return.

As mentioned we're in the same position with Graham. We want him to stay, but aren't going to overpay for that to happen, so have been upping our offer to either match or better what WCE are offering. Eventually we'll reach a point where it's better for us to allow him to depart and take the compensation.

IMO the reason we haven't seen a deal for Graham being tabled yet is because the 2 clubs decided to hold off to see what sort of compensation others got so they could then do a deal that nets us a band 2 or 3 pick but doesn't force the Eagles to overpay for him or we can then make an offer that allows us to re-sign him without overpaying ourselves.

FWIW I expect that we'll see his decision being made across the weekend and Graham likely departs for the Eagles and gets us a band 2/3 pick and we'll then do a pretty simple deal for Baker, which I wouldn't be shocked to see it being their 2024 & 2025 R2 picks.
They should just not have compo picks. I can’t think of a single other industry that rewards an employer who is unable to retain a talent. If you didn’t do what was needed to keep a player, then you should not be rewarded with a high draft pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Losing them is ok... he won 3 flags with us. It's getting the appropriate compensation for a long-term contracted player that is the hardest part.
Yeah true, especially when dealing with certain clubs, their players are worth overs and yours are worth a bag of chips.

x3 premiership player has to be worth something good.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Back