List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Do you support the club trading for picks 2 and/or 3?

• Yes Trade for 2 & 3

• Yes But Only For 2 or 3

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

1728368225052.png

Trade & Free Agency Dates

Free Agency Period - Friday October 4th 9am to Friday October 11th 5pm

Trade Period - Monday 7th October 9am to Wednesday October 16th 7.30pm

Richmond have been linked to the following players:
Ben Hobbs
Elijah Tsatas
Jai Culley
Connor Stone
Jacob Konstanty

Last edited:

Canadian Hug GIF by Kim's Convenience's Convenience
200.gif

Yep - its way way way too many picks to take to a single draft - they need some "top up" players that can play now, pronto. They can't expect the members to turn up for 18 weeks to watch this current team get walloped, surely. You can't lean on the past success that much. Ultimately the club has had about 5 good years for their members over the past 40 years

This is no joke … the first half of 2010 when we were 0-9 and a percentage under 50% was my favourite period of footy for nearly a decade, as we were playing kids who were giving their all and we had direction and purpose in the way we were playing. I could see a future despite the losses piling up.

I’m hoping 2025 will be the same. If we see a heap of elite youngsters show regular glimpses of brilliance amongst the bad losses I’ll be fine with that.

And people need to remember we suffered probably the worst injury crisis any team has ever suffered in 2024. If we suffer a similar injury fate in 2025 then we will get walloped every week and struggle to win a game, no doubt.

But if we have some luck (eg. Gibcus and Lynch both play 18+ games for starters) then we will have long period of games where we will be more than competitive, and will jag at least 4-5 x wins.

Expectations are zero so I’m looking forward to a stress free 2025 watching kids develop.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

the picks are not that great, why is Essendon trading out 9 and wee are stupid enough to ask for 10 and 11 for Bolton?

... Essendon will trade out because if a pick for Kako comes in at 7, they will lose 9 to match. If they had say pick 3, they would be in a position to keep their best pick and then use the remaining picks to match.

Those picks are pretty great in a highly rated even draft. I don't think we are stupid to ask a King's ransom for Bolton, more optimistic and Freo have the capital. I'd love for us to send Bolton to the Eagles for 3 though and maybe can give them back Brisbane's first rounder.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

…The Tigers are preparing to secure a suite of seven early choices which could see Adem Yze’s men hold selections 1, 6, 10, 14, 18, 20 and 24 by the trade deadline next Wednesday night…

…The Tigers will snare pick six (as a minimum) for Daniel Rioli (Gold Coast), pick 14 for Liam Baker (West Coast), and look set to land 10 and 18 for Shai Bolton (Fremantle)….

…The Dockers are well-placed to hand over 10 and 18 for Bolton who has shown tremendous upside but battled to produce his best form consistently in yellow and black.

Jay Clark
These passages from the article I just highlighted in the quote is exactly my problem with the media’s input into the Richmond trades.

In their minds, Bolton is worth pick 10 and 18. No mention that this is not at all set in stone. No mention that we clearly didn’t agree to this yet. I don’t even think he mentioned that Bolton is a contracted player.

They’ve probably been doing this since Bolton first requested a trade. I have a feeling we’ll end up caving, and it’ll annoy me when it happens

... Essendon will trade out because if a pick for Kako comes in at 7, they will lose 9 to match. If they had say pick 3, they would be in a position to keep their best pick and then use the remaining picks to match.

Those picks are pretty great in a highly rated even draft. I don't think we are stupid to ask a King's ransom for Bolton, more optimistic and Freo have the capital. I'd love for us to send Bolton to the Eagles for 3 though and maybe can give them back Brisbane's first rounder.
what does Essendon want for 9 and why can we not oblige?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Back