List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Do you support the club trading for picks 2 and/or 3?

• Yes Trade for 2 & 3

• Yes But Only For 2 or 3

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

We need future firsts for when we trade for Tom Green 😀
Pass.

Yeah, I was thinking about that while watching last night's match. The bloke was playing out of his skin - clear B.O.G., at least for the first 100 minutes of game time
What about when Brisbane came charging back? Did he do anything other than handball blindly over his shoulder or hack kick forward?

Regardless, he wants to captain GWS. He's invested there.

Brisbane winning makes getting pick 2 from North a little more difficult.
Why?

WC would be nuts to do that. Hopefully Clarke is a spud at trading too
WC currently have 3, 23 and 59. I wonder if we could tempt them to pay JGTI enough to trigger Band 3, then trade that pick with pick 10 and Bakes for 3. Once they get Hawthorn's first and future pick for Barrass they'll have 10, 13, 22, 23. Four very good picks where the depth of this draft is. Clarke loves picking blokes in the early 20s.

Yeah, I was thinking about that while watching last night's match. The bloke was playing out of his skin - clear B.O.G., at least for the first 100 minutes of game time, playing in front of his home crowd, just about a full squad of Giants to pick from at the pinnacle of their careers, and in a cut-throat semi final in what will be the only final they get on their own deck.

But there was as many empty seats as occupied ones. With virtually no atmosphere or "19th Man" to help create that inertia when the goals were flowing, or rally support when the oppo started to get their tails up.

Tom Green wasn't around in 2017 when the Giants had to play in front of 90k+ Tiger fans in that MCG Prelim, but as a future academy pick and of Tiger heritage he was probably watching intently. And he was definitely playing last year in front of 97k against Collingwood in last year's MCG Preliminary Final, so he knows what that atmosphere looks like.

It's not getting any better for Tom Green at the Giants after last night. There's nothing to suggest that home crowd support will improve for the remainder of his Giants career, beyond a small marquee with about 50 "Tom Green Stand" theatre goers at his home matches.

Surely the fire will be lit in him to consider a move to Tigerland as he reflects upon another empty season during the upcoming summer?

Just for the record, he's a free agent at the end of 2027 when his current contract terminates at GWS. At the same time that Tasmania enter the league, and our 3-4 year rebuild of gun youngsters is hopefully complete and we know what our hand looks like.
I wonder if the appeal of big crowds is lessened by his two teammates who left for big crowds and are now stuck in a rebuild with 30k attendances on Sunday afternoons.

On-field success is what could entice him, so we have to nail these offseasons

Wow your negotiating skills are lousy. Brisbane's pick 15 is worth 1112 (was 1161) points as of now you don't trade 1827 points for 1112 points. You maybe give them picks 39, 41, 47 and 57 which equals 446 + 412+ 316 + 182 for a total of 1356 points for their pick 15 (1112 points).

Our most powerful bargaining chip is we can bid on Ashcroft at pick 1 or not. By not bidding on him at pick 1 we automatically save them from using 2400 points to 2013 points. If they can do some favourable swap with North using our picks so they don't bid either and we don't bid at 3 they can at most have to use 1600 points at pick 4. Voila we just kindly, generously saved them 800 points. You fail to realise that once we've bled FOLD Coast and Freo of their picks we're basically Shylock and everybody is desperate to get into this draft. And seeings it's the best draft since 2001, prices are at a premium.

Also the club would have rocks in their heads to trade picks 21 and 22 prior to closure of draft night 1. Since the experts are saying the top 30- 40 is insane this year. There's gonna be sliders galore. There will be 5 or 6+ clubs fighting over kids they rated at pick 10 who's still on the board and 1 or 2 clubs (especially those in the window) will pay an absolute premium to get them off us.

View attachment 2111356

Does pick 57 still have points attached to it now? I thought I read it stops at 54.

Which would be we’d have to give up 29 instead of 39 to make it worth it for them.

Does pick 57 still have points attached to it now? I thought I read it stops at 54.

Which would be we’d have to give up 29 instead of 39 to make it worth it for them.
54 cut off is next year

I'm just winding up tigerfan1961. But Future firsts are always an ace in the hole. If nothing else to deathride some hapless oppo club all year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeh but say they want 6 & 10, that feels like too much for pick 2. Not sure they're going to bite for 6 & 21 and again having 21 is such a good pick with options attached to it on the 2nd night.

I'd prefer a 1,3,6,10,21 hand over 1,2,9,21 or 1,2,9,10

6 is in a good place that a highly rated player in the top 4 is likely to fall if North & Dees both reach for talls.
With brisbane winning it might do us a favor.
14 has now gone to 15?
If they win next week it'll be 17 or 18.
Pick 6 & 17 for pick 2 North would more than likey take it.
BTW 6 & 10 we won't do that deal

Would we be willing to give Gold Coast our future second with Rioli to get Pick 12 thrown in with 6?
Wot?
Are you crazy.
Pick 6 & 12 will be our non negotiable price.

Wot?
Are you crazy.
Pick 6 & 12 will be our non negotiable price.
I don't think we're getting 6 and 12 for Rioli. They'd want something back that they can use. Either a swap after the Lombard bid on draft night or a future pick.

What about when Brisbane came charging back? Did he do anything other than handball blindly over his shoulder or hack kick forward?

Regardless, he wants to captain GWS. He's invested there.
I was commenting on that during the last quarter. Winning possession but just continually giving the ball away through careless, speculative over the shoulder handballs (throws).

More care with the footy from him and his team probably win.

I honesty don't want pick two.

The talk forever has been how even the first round is. If that's the case the clubs with the top six picks might conceivable have six different players in mind as to who they consider six best. If we keep six (assuming we get it) we might well end up with a player we ranked second anyhow or at worst the third. To give away picks 6 and 10 (worst case I know) is insanity. Even 6 and a later pick seems completely unnecessary to me.

If we have too many picks then simply trade them into next years draft. We aren't Gold Coast where we can just fritter them away.
If it means we get both Jagga and FOS then I'm more than happy to get pick 2.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Back