List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Do you support the club trading for picks 2 and/or 3?

• Yes Trade for 2 & 3

• Yes But Only For 2 or 3

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

It will always be confusing for me how we drafted Jack Higgins to be a small forward, where he excelled as a small forward until he had brain issues. He then wanted to be a midfielder & we put him there even tho we really didnt have a role there for him. He then wants to leave, which we facilitate & he has since excelled as..... a small forward

Confused Joe Biden GIF by CBS News

Last edited:

It will always be confusing for me how we drafted Jack Higgins to be a small forward, where he excelled as a small forward early until he had brain issues. He then wanted to be a midfielder & we put him there even tho we really didnt have a role there for him. He then wants to leave, which we facilitate & he has since excelled as..... a small forward

He’s shit

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It will always be confusing for me how we drafted Jack Higgins to be a small forward, where he excelled as a small forward early until he had brain issues. He then wanted to be a midfielder & we put him there even tho we really didnt have a role there for him. He then wants to leave, which we facilitate & he has since excelled as..... a small forward

He was surplus

He’s shit

Maybe

Sad reality is tho, it's hard not to argue that he would be in the top 3-5 players we have drafted since we won the first flag 7 years ago. 122 games for 158goals/111pts +265 tackles at 15disposals a game.

If he is shit. Then we surely are shitter.

We are in a really powerful position players love tigers and want tigers to get compensated WELL,2of.3 are expensively contracted plus Baker is yelling,give tigers want they deserve.
WE ALSO HAVE PRE SEASON PICK 1 SO OTHER CLUBS CANT BACK DOOR US.
TIGERS ALSO ARMED WITH A RECORD AMOUNT OF SPARE CAP.
Amazingly powerful for a team that just had its worst ever season.

Should be fun.

The watch for me is Bailey Smith.

Geelong will be his choice of destination. Bulldogs won’t accept a pick that ends up being late teens. Will be interesting how that gets done. Could we entice him with big offer in the PSD? He’s obviously a guy who garners attention and wants that profile, come to the biggest in the land and play your games at the G Bazlenko!

We also absolutely loved him in his draft year and enquired about moving up to get him but he went earlier than we hoped.

It will always be confusing for me how we drafted Jack Higgins to be a small forward, where he excelled as a small forward until he had brain issues. He then wanted to be a midfielder & we put him there even tho we really didnt have a role there for him. He then wants to leave, which we facilitate & he has since excelled as..... a small forward

His manager always thought he was a best 22 player

Higgo was in and out of the team in 2020 as expected following brain surgery and lack of pre season etc.

His manager thought his client was being mistreated, manager seeks opportunities elsewhere, saints show interest

Manager gets a great a deal for his client & himself, convinces Jack this is the right move for him and seeks trade

Club screws itself in trade giving up Jack + 20? for 17 or so

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong will be his choice of destination. Bulldogs won’t accept a pick that ends up being late teens. Will be interesting how that gets done. Could we entice him with big offer in the PSD? He’s obviously a guy who garners attention and wants that profile, come to the biggest in the land and play your games at the G Bazlenko!

We also absolutely loved him in his draft year and enquired about moving up to get him but he went earlier than we hoped.

we could trade a few players to the Bulldogs as a counter to BS via pre-season to help Bulldogs out

probably easiest way for Bailey Smith to get to a big Melbourne club and would have a lot of pull with draftee focus and his age if he is prepared to be patient and show faith

Last edited:

Higgo was in and out of the team in 2020 as expected following brain surgery and lack of pre season etc.

His manager thought his client was being mistreated, manager seeks opportunities elsewhere, saints show interest

Manager gets a great a deal for his client & himself, convinces Jack this is the right move for him and seeks trade

It was a terrible trade by us. Gave him away.

All eyes on Blair to not do the same for Rioli, Baker and Bolton. I don’t think Tiger fans will be as forgiving this time.

We essentially got the Tom Brown pick from the Higgins trade.

We gave up Higgins and pick 26 in the really weak 2020 draft.

We got back pick 17 in the 2020 draft plus Saints future rd 2, which ended at pick 30.

We swapped 17(which slid to 20) to the Cats for their F1 - which was pick 17 in the stornger 2021 draft. The Cats took Holmes with that pick, we took Tom Brown with their 2021 rd 1 pick. We used pick in the 2021 draft on Jud Clark.

So in summary we gave up Higgins and pick 26(2020) for ultimately pick 17 & 30 in the 2021 draft. Which essentially means we got roughly the value of pick 17 for Higgins.

he would become a junkie if he lived in Richmond

We essentially got the Tom Brown pick from the Higgins trade.

We gave up Higgins and pick 26 in the really weak 2020 draft.

We got back pick 17 in the 2020 draft plus Saints future rd 2, which ended at pick 30.

We swapped 17(which slid to 20) to the Cats for their F1 - which was pick 17 in the stornger 2021 draft. The Cats took Holmes with that pick, we took Tom Brown with their 2021 rd 1 pick. We used pick in the 2021 draft on Jud Clark.

So in summary we gave up Higgins and pick 26(2020) for ultimately pick 17 & 30 in the 2021 draft. Which essentially means we got roughly the value of pick 17 for Higgins.

Higgins, Holmes and Allison for Brown and Clarke?

We got reamed.

We would have if that was a correct representation. But it isn't. Saints got Higgins and Allison. We got Brown and Clarke.

Cats allowed us to trade out of the weak 2020 draft and got Holmes for their trouble.

Holmes is infinitely better than what we picked up. So that was the mistake.

The rest is a nil all draw atm with Saints probably gonna win because Higgins is a decent player.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Back