List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Remove this Banner Ad

just reading the comment, makes you see just what shape are list is in
2 bloody good forwards and 2 players that just make you want to look away in shame
In defence of Sampson and Kozi. Mckay definitely has his moments of being an absolute spaz. Also he can’t deal with the pressure, he’s never slotting a goal in a big finals moment to stop the momentum like Jack did for us numerous times. F Carlton 😂 - but I do agree Owies would fit our team, goals a goal no matter who kicks it.

He’s nearly 50, absolute list clogger.

We have Green, Campbell, Mansell and MRJ who could all kick about as many playing at the feet of Carlton forwards + their aged pension hasn’t kicked in.

He’ll be 30 by the time we are competing for finals unless a miracle happens. Would rather we develop the players we have.
Never heard of a stop gap, while our kids improve.
We had guys like Taylor Hunt play a lot of football in 2015/2016.
For when we were ready with our best team in 2017.

Matt Owies could really help us in the short term. we losing a lot of experience he will cost nothing.

Matt Owies could really help us in the short term. we losing a lot of experience he will cost nothing.
Taylor Hunt.. now there is a bad memory
but agree with your statment

I don’t know these guys well enough but not sure Saints capitalising on Carlton’s horrendous treatment of Paddy Dow says it’s a goldmine there
Carroll can play. Very promising along with Moir.

Basically the entire reason we didn’t succeed earlier was our continued recruitment of list cloggers like Miller, Hunt, Hislop, Thomson, Hampson.

That’s exactly what they found in the 2016 review. They said the match committee kept on identifying weaknesses in young players to keep them out of the team and the likes of Taylor Hunt were played instead. It’s no surprise that once we started playing the kids we won flags.

How many you reckon he would have got at the feet of Samson and Kozi rather than Curnow and McKay?

hed kick 150 at mr cinder block hands' feet because you can be damn sure there aint gonna be any marks taken

Basically the entire reason we didn’t succeed earlier was our continued recruitment of list cloggers like Miller, Hunt, Hislop, Thomson, Hampson.

That’s exactly what they found in the 2016 review. They said the match committee kept on identifying weaknesses in young players to keep them out of the team and the likes of Taylor Hunt were played instead. It’s no surprise that once we started playing the kids we won flags.
Hampson actually proved handy as Maric went down with a back in the pre-season & never played again. you need players to tow the line when you are down performing bad as a club.

Not on board with the Owies chat as a Carlton mate of mine says "MOWIESSS" in the group chat whenever he kicks a goal and it makes me want to scratch out my eyes and find the nearest bridge.

In all seriousness though, our small forward stocks are not really cause for concern right now. I'd rather we just draft an Askew with one of our later picks rather than trying to recruit an ageing role player.

I think some of us don’t realise how the Cotch, Dusty, Riewoldt draft rebuild actually went. They actually started competing in 2013, not 2017. It’s just during their development years they were up and coming stars with mostly spuds around them, a few commendable players don’t get me wrong, but nothing like the experience we still have in the team today.

This next crop we get will have fairly decent and recent premiership players guiding them. This draft could be our Cotch/Dusty draft in one go.

By 2027 if everything works out in the development and health of the list we will be back competing big time.

Not on board with the Owies chat as a Carlton mate of mine says "MOWIESSS" in the group chat whenever he kicks a goal and it makes me want to scratch out my eyes and find the nearest bridge.

In all seriousness though, our small forward stocks are not really cause for concern right now. I'd rather we just draft an Askew with one of our later picks rather than trying to recruit an ageing role player.
Maurice doesn't kick enough goals, he is strictly defensive forward.

Seth Campbell looks promising but play very high up the ground.
with Bolton going out we are losing 30+ goals. on a bad year for him.

Are you sure?

Gold Coasts first trade of the 2023 draft was pick 24 for pick 30, 51, 54 and 65, and they entered the draft with 6 picks. Meaning they must have had 9 senior list spots available to take on those additional 3 picks.
They tightened the rules IIRC after the Suns did that.

I would have thought Taylor Hunt was one of the reasons why we were so bad in 2016.
No more playing older players who are not ever going to take us places over a young kid who might.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would have thought Taylor Hunt was one of the reasons why we were so bad in 2016.
No more playing older players who are not ever going to take us places over a young kid who might.
He wasn't a great player but he added work-rate & run, his skills weren't great but I still thought he was handy for a couple of years.

No disrespect to you guys, but you are at a low point. Every Bulldogs fan I know would rather Bailey Smith goes to you guys for free, than get screwed unders by Geelong, a potential rival.

Sorry RT you’ve really lost me on this one. No one is giving them picks 21, 29, 39, 41 etc. for 14. They will have to trade out both 14 and at minimum a future 2nd to get the points in they need.

There is 100% chance they will trade 14 because they will get more points than it’s worth. My understanding is that they can live trade in more picks than they have list spots, I believe this is what GC did last year.

Their best option is probably to trade us pick 14 for picks 29, 39, 41 pre-draft. Those picks will end up being worth between 1300-1450 depending on FA compo. So roughly a 200-300 point increase for Brisbane. They also have 52 which will probably be worth around 200 points. Obviously 1500-1650 points is not necessarily enough to match an Ashcroft bid so when the draft starts they will live trade their future second for a couple of picks that give them more than 2000 points in total. Let’s say they bring in another 600 points so they have between 2100 and 2250 points.

That covers a bid at pick 2 but if they get lucky and Norf don’t bid and we have pick 3, they won’t get a bid until 4-5 which will cost them 1500-1600 points.

This leaves them with between 500-750 points to match Marshall. If Marshall is expected to go 15-25 they will probably let it ride and just take the negative points if he goes earlier which wouldn’t be more than a couple hundred.

If they get unlucky and Ashcroft bid is at pick 2, then they would potentially look at trading their future first. We might be able to jump in on something like this by trading our future second + 47 and 57 for their future first. That will be around 450 points worth and they will know our pick will be very early second round, only risk for them is if they suck next year.

Of course if they win the flag this year their pick could end up being 19 after FA compo and we could then look at getting both pick 19 and their future first. We would just need to obtain a pick or pick upgrades to get it done.
You've kind of missed my point.

The Lions can only hold as many picks as they have list spots open. So they may look at it from the POV that instead of trading out 14 and a future 2nd, they may offer up their future 1st, likely to be similar in value to this year, by trading for 2 x 2nd round picks this year. Which allows them to match both bids and still have a chance to go after a slider come the draft with left over points giving them a late pick or 2.

No disrespect to you guys, but you are at a low point. Every Bulldogs fan I know would rather Bailey Smith goes to you guys for free, than get screwed unders by Geelong, a potential rival.
IMG_3426.gif

hed kick 150 at mr cinder block hands' feet because you can be damn sure there aint gonna be any marks taken
100% right. A small forward should kick a bag under Sampson. He certainly is not going to mark it. Ball should come to ground every time. A quality crumbing forward will workout that he just needs to run to the side of the one handed attempt at a mark.

Sadly it shows how bereft of tall talent we are. I’m hoping we can get Dodson as a ruck to develop and another KPF. If not we can get a ready replacement cheaply.

Attachments

• 1725933837418.jpeg
    1725933837418.jpeg
    69.8 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Back