List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Remove this Banner Ad

He wasn't a great player but he added work-rate & run, his skills weren't great but I still thought he was handy for a couple of years.
His first year from memory wasn't too bad, but we imploded in 2016 and his lack of skill really stood out. But yes work-rate etc was good, but so was that of the star players, who the young kids also had to learn off.

Watch this space next year... All I'm saying. 😏
Happy Antonio Banderas GIF

No disrespect to you guys, but you are at a low point. Every Bulldogs fan I know would rather Bailey Smith goes to you guys for free, than get screwed unders by Geelong, a potential rival.
Hopefully some clubs screw Geelong, Smith wouldn’t be interested in coming to us anyhow.

That would be a pretty silly thing for the dogs to do though

Why is bailey wanting out? Seemingly disgruntled for over 3 years
has any of this been explained? what is the actual reason for wanting out..
Is it a 'no repair' situation with him and the dogs?

That would be a pretty silly thing for the dogs to do though

Why is bailey wanting out? Seemingly disgruntled for over 3 years
No one really knows, but most guesses would be accurate, that he’s a self obsessed narcissist. Why the heck would we let Geelong walk all over us here? It also says to other players that unless the club who you want to go to is willing to play fair, you better be careful about requesting a trade because we won’t be pushed around.
Dogs did it to Dunkley then made the Grand Final the next year and he won the b&f the year later. He still left but Essendon didn’t get him and we got two more years from him, both he and club were professional about it. Geelong think they can just walk over small clubs, but they can GAGF.

Maurice doesn't kick enough goals, he is strictly defensive forward.

Seth Campbell looks promising but play very high up the ground.
with Bolton going out we are losing 30+ goals. on a bad year for him.

MRJ kicked a goal a game in his last 7 games prior to injury. Mansell a goal a game this year. Thats as part of our lowest scoring and worst team in history. Clarke has also shown he knows where the goals are. With Campbell and a likely elite mid/fwd in the draft Owies is a big fat no from me.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To recruit a big key forward you need to set your midfield up first to show them they are the missing link.
Agree but we wouldn't be getting him until 2026, so by then we should've hit the draft and got our midfield locked in long term.

If a geelong dogs trade does fall over, we could easily accomodate Bailey smith and might be in with a genuine chance. We will be struggling to hit the TPP floor so we could pay him very well, he'd instantly be our best midfielder, has speed and if part of his motivation to move is branding then we also tick that box.

Think the move has been in the works for 24-18 months though so hard to see it falling over now

MRJ kicked a goal a game in his last 7 games prior to injury. Mansell a goal a game this year. Thats as part of our lowest scoring and worst team in history. Clarke has also shown he knows where the goals are. With Campbell and a likely elite mid/fwd in the draft Owies is a big fat no from me.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
He has played 36 games for 26 goals.
Let's not act like he is an offensive weapon there is a role for him but he will never be a 30+ goal kicker.

I think some of us don’t realise how the Cotch, Dusty, Riewoldt draft rebuild actually went. They actually started competing in 2013, not 2017. It’s just during their development years they were up and coming stars with mostly spuds around them, a few commendable players don’t get me wrong, but nothing like the experience we still have in the team today.

This next crop we get will have fairly decent and recent premiership players guiding them. This draft could be our Cotch/Dusty draft in one go.

By 2027 if everything works out in the development and health of the list we will be back competing big time.
We couldn't get Grimes or Astbury on the park during those years either

No one really knows, but most guesses would be accurate, that he’s a self obsessed narcissist. Why the heck would we let Geelong walk all over us here? It also says to other players that unless the club who you want to go to is willing to play fair, you better be careful about requesting a trade because we won’t be pushed around.
Dogs did it to Dunkley then made the Grand Final the next year and he won the b&f the year later. He still left but Essendon didn’t get him and we got two more years from him, both he and club were professional about it. Geelong think they can just walk over small clubs, but they can GAGF.
200-13.gif

He’s nearly 50, absolute list clogger.

We have Green, Campbell, Mansell and MRJ who could all kick about as many playing at the feet of Carlton forwards + their aged pension hasn’t kicked in.

He’ll be 30 by the time we are competing for finals unless a miracle happens. Would rather we develop the players we have.
Campbell runs well. Wing is his spot. MRJ actually looks better in the middle. Can't kick over a jam tin and rubbish in front of goal.
Mansell great defensive efforts A goal a game.
Bolton kicked his bag in a spoon team with a carousel of KPFs.
Green was playing midfield when drafted. Sonsie is crap up fwd. Clarke?

Graham & Baker need replacement, as does Dusty.

Taranto. Hopper, Prestia probably going to play fwd more.

May be a draftee plays fwd.

Owies played more often than Fantasia, who is cooked. I'd say he stays. To move a player takes 3 years minimum.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Back