List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Remove this Banner Ad

6 & 20 Rioli (possibility of winkling 13 instead of 20 if we stump us a heap of cash)
9 & 10 Bolton (maybe a 2nd added if we pay enough salary)
14 Brisbane trade

Gives us 1-6-9-10-14-20-21-22

Baker + 10 for 3
6 + 9 for 2

Leaves 1-2-3-14-20-21-22 (Graham compo)

14-20 are 1st round picks, with the added bonus of the first 2 picks on the 2nd night.
No way I'm paying 6 +9 for 2 on its own. Either add a fringe player we like or a 2nd rounder.

HuhPies asked for pick 13 for Noble
🤣🤣
Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

Take Ashcroft and Lombard out of it. In no particular order: O’Sullivan, Smith, Langford, Smillie, Trainor, Reid, Lalor, Armstrong and Draper are the next nine players. If we have 1, 6 and 9, we are getting three of them.
I agree, stick with 1, 6, 9, plus the other picks in the teens, we have so many gaps in our list.

That is incorrect - of the players available (excluding Father and sons etc) we have the tenth opportunity to draft a player - it may mean 12 or 13 selection but it represents the tenth available player
Just because a player is tied to a club already doesn't mean they don't exist. You're not getting the 10th best kid. You're getting the 13th best kid.

Keep in mind too that Saints are going to get a compo pick, which pushes things out again.

Just because a player is tied to a club already doesn't mean they don't exist. You're not getting the 10th best kid. You're getting the 13th best kid.

Keep in mind too that Saints are going to get a compo pick, which pushes things out again.
they may aswell be invisible, the only players that exist are the ones that are available, that should be the main focus not the number of the pick or if it drops down 1 or 2 spots for player that will never be ours

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At pick 2 you are 99% getting the player you want. Those percentages drop every pick.
Not sure on the maths there. If we have pick 1 and only 99% chance of getting the player we want at 2, Toce has to be using heroin 😁

Don’t you mean you’d take 2 over the top of FOS?
Hypothetically speaking, we take FOS at 1. At pick 6 and 9 we are guaranteed to get two of the eight players I mentioned. Therefore, there is little point trading up one of those picks for 3. We will have an earlier pick but we lose a regarded player from the eight that I mentioned. It’s not worth it.

Hold our picks. Our draft hand will be excellent after the trades are done. Trading up is getting too cute.

they may aswell be invisible, the only players that exist are the ones that are available, that should be the main focus not the number of the pick or if it drops down 1 or 2 spots for player that will never be ours
Needs to be considered when you're trading picks.

Not sure on the maths there. If we have pick 1 and only 99% chance of getting the player we want at 2, Toce has to be using heroin 😁
No I meant if we have pick 1 and North have pick 2, North are 99% likely to get the player they want. The further that pick slips the less likely it becomes.

Needs to be considered when you're trading picks.
What about when Essendon pick a guy at 9 that we rate at 30? What if we don't rate Kako as a first rounder?

All that matters is what pick in the open pool we get and what we rate the players in that part of the draft.

The Saints compo could push a lot of picks back but we know that pre-trades.

We'll have more money available than both.
Of course but have to be sensible with it.

Also we wouldn't match as it will be pick 2 vs whatever those teams have to trade so if he decides to take less with either I don't think it will matter. The joys of being on the bottom.

Exactly. Norf need KPP not midfielders. So 2 is probably a reach for the best KPP, but 6 isn't. Then they get a bonus pick. They'd be all over a deal like that. Unless they think Melbourne will beat them to the punch.

Richmond - midfielder
Norf - KP
WC - Midfielder or KP (likely one from WA but they'll trade back)
Adelaide - Midfielder
Melbourne - KP
Not what I want, but how I see it playing out assuming we get our expected trades done and every other club holds their picks:

1. O’Sullivan (Richmond) - we will end up taking FOS due to his ceiling/talent
2. Trainor (North Melbourne) - they will realise they’re in desperate need of a gun key defender and will bite the bullet and reach after no takers for their pick
3. Smith (West Coast) - best available mid to complement Reid
4. Draper (Adelaide) - SA boy too hard to pass up plus will be best available
5. Armstrong (Melbourne) - urgent need and will assist JvR
6. Langford (Richmond) - sounds like we’re a massive fan so will be wrapped he “slipped” to us
7. Lalor (St Kilda) - need X factor and a mid with a point of difference. Ross gone and Steele getting on
8. Reid (Essendon) - will add class to their midfield/forward line but won’t be shocked if they reach for Shanahan or another KPP
9. Smillie (Richmond) - best available “slider”
10. Travaglia (Richmond) - the best of the next crop would be Travaglia but feel like we will go for a need. Potentially a KPF in Whitlock or Shanahan

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Back