List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Remove this Banner Ad

1. Finn O’Sullivan
3. Jagga Smith or Harvey Langford
6. Sam Lalor or Murphy Reid

Bit to think about. I’m undecided at this stage. If we don’t select Finn at 1, I think he’s an option for North at 2. If we take Jagga at 3, does Harvey Langford fall to 6? I think now Sam Lalor and Murphy Reid are definitely there at 6. I doubted Lalor would be but I feel, without testing results, others will fail to bite. We can take the risk with this being our third pick of the draft (incredible outcome)

This is why I don’t want to trade for Pick 2. Let North reach there. If it’s Armstrong let them take him at 2. Opens up options we need down further. Much prefer 1, 3, 6 and 10 to 1, 2 and 3 in this draft.

At 10 so many possibilities. I will say best available. Also depends on what other picks we have coming. I’ll say at this stage if Toby Travaglia is available I’d almost bite here. Shanahan an option. People gonna slate me but I have Dattoli as an option here as well. Tauru? Love his athleticism. Could be anything.

My advice would be in our situation inside ten, take the next player on the whiteboard. We need talent desperately.
what do you think Norf will do at pick 2?
Armstong or Trainor would be suited IMO>

IMO

-No chance we get 6 and 13 for Rioli, regardless of how much salary we pay. 6 and 20 is a stretch, if we pay a ****load of the contract IMO.
-Not a chance we get 3 first rounders for Bolton. 9&10 for Bolton and a big chuck of cash is best case scenario. 9 and ~14 (Port will lose this week) more likely.
- The Baker one isn't ambitious, it's too generous. Highly doubt we gift pick 21 with Baker as 1st pick of the 2nd round is always highly sought after and could easily be traded for a F1 off a Pies or Port IMO. Baker and 10 should just about be enough on its own for 3. Sling them a later pick given their crap hand if they want some more fruit.
The Richmond CEO said 'extraordinary deals'

6 & 20 and salary cap relief for Rioli isn't and neither is Bolton for 9 & 14.

Why would we accept fair value deals? We won't.

extraordinary
adjective

1. 1.
    very unusual or remarkable.

Pick 12 for John noble sound like an extraordinary deal

The Richmond CEO said 'extraordinary deals'

6 & 20 and salary cap relief for Rioli isn't and neither is Bolton for 9 & 14.

Why would we accept fair value deals? We won't.

extraordinary
adjective

1. 1.
    very unusual or remarkable.
6 & 20 for Rioli is extraordinary. 9 & 10 for Bolton is extraordinary.

It's surprising how many posters, across various threads, fail to recognize why the departing Richmond players are so sought after by clubs in need of their abilities. It's not solely their performance; it's also the intellectual property they carry. Such expertise and experience are uncommon, which explains why their acquisition cost is generally considered higher, especially by list managers and recruiters. This is even more pronounced for teams that have had little to no success over an extended period, as they lack leaders with experience in finals and winning premierships within their ranks. The question then arises: how do you impart to the younger players the qualities that distinguish the elite from the average?

Coaches with premiership-winning experience are highly valued because they have proven their ability to lead a team to success. Similarly, assistant coaches who have been part of winning teams are sought after as potential head coaches due to their experience in contributing to success. These assistants and coaches are in demand because they possess knowledge and skills that can help build a winning culture. Players with premiership experience, especially those involved in sustained success, are equally sought after for their ability to impart wisdom and educate teammates on creating a premiership culture. Regardless of what fans think, there is significant value in the intellectual property these players and coaches bring to a team.

If Boltons contract was front-loaded that has to come into the calculations when we are working out contributions towards his salary.
No chance it would be front loaded as we would have no reason to do that or the cap space with
Dusty , Lynch , Bolton , Pickett , Grimes , taranto & Hopper salaries
any extra cap space would have been payed to the Lynch contract

The more I think about it the more I think we will get 9 & 10 for Bolton which will actually be 10 & 11.

Freo fans seem to happy to let 9 & 16* go, majority of us still think 9 & 10 is unders for Bolton as it's not a top 5 pick.

I always think something inbetween if that's the case.

If we get 10 & 11 watch the vulture clubs come in with ridiculous (laughable) offers to try and pry one of those picks from us.
Our opening line should be all 3 of your 1st rounders or get us a top 3 pick and we dont care how you find that
Go talk with North / Eagles

Hence my earlier suggestion of 6 and 20 for Rioli.

20 then is used to upgrade to Freo's third 1st rounder in the Bolton trade, while still giving them one 1st round pick

It's twice now that RT has copied my hypothetical only to make it unrealistically favourable to Richmond and very bad for the clubs we're trading with
Why ?

Why agree to 6 & 20 when they hold 6 & 12
The Rioli deal is 100% getting done and GC are there for the picking and will give in and accept
We may have to take a large portion of Rioli's contract but so be it .

We are looking for the highest picks possible and when you get this chance where its a done deal just milk them as Freo & Cats have done in the past and these guys coughed up a pick 7 for 400k salary dump so a pick #23 for $500k x 3 years is a great deal for them.

They need all the cap relief they can get with Mac Andrew contract coming up
picks mean nothing to them this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t understand people’s reluctance to trade up. If it’s true and the club is looking at getting picks 2 and 3 then you’d assume they have 3 standout candidates. Realistically we take 5 maybe 6 max players in the draft.
If you know you can get the 3 highest rated players on your board and then with later picks (mid 20’s) get maybe 2 project talls of a Whitlock, faull, tauru or Dodson. Why wouldn’t you trade overs in this years draft, maybe try and get an extra 2nd or 3rd round pick in next years draft as well if you can.

Thats just the point !! There is no 3 standout candidates
there is a group of 8/9 players that could be the 123

IMO

-No chance we get 6 and 13 for Rioli, regardless of how much salary we pay. 6 and 20 is a stretch, if we pay a ****load of the contract IMO.
-Not a chance we get 3 first rounders for Bolton. 9&10 for Bolton and a big chuck of cash is best case scenario. 9 and ~14 (Port will lose this week) more likely.
- The Baker one isn't ambitious, it's too generous. Highly doubt we gift pick 21 with Baker as 1st pick of the 2nd round is always highly sought after and could easily be traded for a F1 off a Pies or Port IMO. Baker and 10 should just about be enough on its own for 3. Sling them a later pick given their crap hand if they want some more fruit.
Cheers for the response.

Granted they are ambitious trades, but for me, I'd love to see Blair swing for the fences with every deal.

With Bolton & Rioli both are under contract and we have made it known that it is going to take something really good to get us to make the deals, so why not ask for 6 & 13 for Daniel and the 3 x R1 picks for Bolton. We may end up with 6 & 20 and 9 & 10 plus some flipping of later picks but for me, I believe we should be going all out on both of them as we're under no obligation to trade either.

With Baker, it probably ends up as something like Baker and 10 for 3 and I've got no problem with doing that. Just looking at the deal on Draftguru and it balances out a bit more if we flip 2nd round picks with them, but instead of giving up 21 maybe we use 29 instead.

The point of that post though was to show that we could achieve something truly remarkable at the draft if we don't act like the Richmond of 2017-2020 where we made deals that were simple and easy and kept everyone happy. This time with all the leverage we should be holding firm and demanding the best possible outcomes for each deal.

The bonus to that would be watching the media having a cry about how it's unfair that a club that won 3 flags in 4 seasons now has an unprecedented draft hand that isn't related to being an expansion club.

If we were to pull something like what I suggested off I could see Kane and Gerard like this

Scared Family Guy GIF

Cheers for the response.

Granted they are ambitious trades, but for me, I'd love to see Blair swing for the fences with every deal.

With Bolton & Rioli both are under contract and we have made it known that it is going to take something really good to get us to make the deals, so why not ask for 6 & 13 for Daniel and the 3 x R1 picks for Bolton. We may end up with 6 & 20 and 9 & 10 plus some flipping of later picks but for me, I believe we should be going all out on both of them as we're under no obligation to trade either.

With Baker, it probably ends up as something like Baker and 10 for 3 and I've got no problem with doing that. Just looking at the deal on Draftguru and it balances out a bit more if we flip 2nd round picks with them, but instead of giving up 21 maybe we use 29 instead.

The point of that post though was to show that we could achieve something truly remarkable at the draft if we don't act like the Richmond of 2017-2020 where we made deals that were simple and easy and kept everyone happy. This time with all the leverage we should be holding firm and demanding the best possible outcomes for each deal.

The bonus to that would be watching the media having a cry about how it's unfair that a club that won 3 flags in 4 seasons now has an unprecedented draft hand that isn't related to being an expansion club.

If we were to pull something like what I suggested off I could see Kane and Gerard like this

Scared Family Guy GIF
there is swinging for the fences, then there is asking for 12 for Noble, f... me

Gettable/ Twomey: North has offered its future first for Dan Houston 👀

Now maybe that’s a pick swap, but he didn’t say that. And might be an insight in to both North’s desperation & what the 2025 crop quality is expected to look like
Short for f1

Hence my earlier suggestion of 6 and 20 for Rioli.

20 then is used to upgrade to Freo's third 1st rounder in the Bolton trade, while still giving them one 1st round pick

It's twice now that RT has copied my hypothetical only to make it unrealistically favourable to Richmond and very bad for the clubs we're trading with
Haven't copied anyone's hypothetical I've simply taken on board the rumors about what we're looking at achieving during the trade period and went about showing what we could do to get an unprecedented draft haul.

Do I think any of it will happen? Not really, but I'd like to see the club adopt the saying "Shoot for the Moon. Even if you miss, you'll lang among the stars" as their mantra for the trade period.

Cheers for the response.

Scared Family Guy GIF
I'm with ya.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Back