List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Remove this Banner Ad

In a open market with no contracts in play, 6 and 13 is 100% overs for Rioli

And 9 + 10 is probably just overs for Bolton.

However that's not the circumstance here.

The reality is Suns have identified Rioli as a piece of the puzzle they need to get themselves into their first finals campaign, and he is contracted.

They believe he will elevate them, so need to pay accordingly.

Same for freo, they identified Bolton as a player who elevates them. Realistically if he played for them this year, they were playing finals. That's how much he Is worth to them.

Not to mention we are paying part of both their contracts.

They absolutely have to cough up.

No different to us coughing up for Prestia all those years ago.

The reality is Suns have identified Rioli as a piece of the puzzle they need to get themselves into their first finals campaign, and he is contracted.

Same for freo, they identified Bolton as a player who elevates them. Realistically if he played for them this year, they were playing finals. That's how much he Is worth to them.

It's amazing how few ppl understand how the system actually works.

14 is 1161 pts, 39, 41, 50 is 1131 pts. that's closest i can get with pts with any of our current picks. Which gives us, based of Twomey's prediction, 1, 6, 9, 10, 14, 17, 21, 29, 31, 33, 57
Need to give them more points than they have otherwise why would they bother. Throw in 33 instead of 41 and 50 and you get 1170ish. Or throw in 50 as well just to ensure they go for it...

Or throw in 39, 41, 50 and 57... keep 29, 31 and 33 and try and trade it for something in future.

It's not rocket surgery is it? It's like Hawks paying goodness knows what for Battle. He isn't worth it but it's worth it to ensure Saints don't match or overpay to keep him. Hawks get their man without impacting their draft hand.

80's, 90's & 00's were just a blur to me. I was hoping we had gone past those days of bitter disappointment.
I have fond memories of the late 80s. I have a memory, I was young, had a small TV in my room and Friday nights we would get lamb souvlaki in northcote. I remember they were massive and I'd eat it over a quarter. In particular I remember a Sydney richmone game but couldn't tell you the outcome, I just enjoyed watching the Tigers!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In an open market the price is whatever the highest bidder offers, like 2 for weller

In an open market the price is whatever the highest bidder offers, like 2 for weller
If the player nominates a club though and they are out of contract, they pay far less was more of what I was trying to say

I have fond memories of the late 80s. I have a memory, I was young, had a small TV in my room and Friday nights we would get lamb souvlaki in northcote. I remember they were massive and I'd eat it over a quarter. In particular I remember a Sydney richmone game but couldn't tell you the outcome, I just enjoyed watching the Tigers!!!
As shit as we were I loved going to watch us in the late 80s/90s. I'd go to every home game and a bunch of away games. Smoking winnie blues at the ground. Good times.

Could have sworn cal twomey said Ivan soldo linked to saints? That would be a quick departure from port if that’s true

And did they say what we would give up to get pick 14?

Right now that would be 29, 39 & 41. Factor in a 2-3 place drop due to FA compo and they would get 1341 to 1396 points. That’s about the sort of points upgrade you should expect to give up for pick 14.

Brisbane need more points though, like 2000 to be safe for Ashcroft and then may even need to live trade for more for Marshall. We should be looking at getting our hands on picks in the late 20s/early 30s to bundle 4 together for Brisbanes first this year and next year.

Didn't she hate it and then dump his ass?
They're still together I'm pretty sure. I follow her on Instagram (don't judge me, she's hot).

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Back