List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Do you support the club trading for picks 2 and/or 3?

• Yes Trade for 2 & 3

• Yes But Only For 2 or 3

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I was reading that he’s shed a couple of kg in preparation. He definitely looked cooked this year, the amount of “don’t argues “ that failed, was sad at the time.

He looked like he had a ****ed groin to me. No surprise the butcher couldn’t get him right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dustin reached out to the Suns? Nothing in particular said ? So reach out could mean he called their receptionist to get a coffee with Dimma. If it does go further in terms of him playing , surely there would be rules governing this sort of behaviour???

Tactically not a smart move by Suns, should something eventuate as they are looking to bring in Rioli?
Definitely buyer beware on Dusty.

It'll be the easiest half a million bucks anyone will ever earn. He won't need to train, he won't need to play, he won't do any media, he won't need to learn teammates names. Do they have a club song? He won't need to learn that either.

So why quote me saying no to my post that literally stated he’s not on Bont’s level

Bont sucked arse in a final as well. No need to shit on a player because they lost. Dusty had was only average in finals prior to 2017, it’s like those efforts have been erased because of what he did in a decent team.

yeah i'm not even arguing that it wouldn't be way too much to pay for a player like him right now in our stage of rebuild. i could see the benefit if in 2-3 years we still couldn't draft a good kpf & there's a young gun tall available for us to trade for

i just thought the stats your used for your argument were misleading and didn't support it well. as there was vastly different conditions for both teams in their respective years, which obviously resulted in different outcomes for jack & JUH

would love to see how JUH/cadman/darcy would've gone in our fwd line this year, or hell, our 2010 fwd line!

also swagger is old news, it's all about aura and rizz these days
Nah, swagger is old school. It's like walking into a bar smelling like Bay Rum and wearing suspenders. You're always cool.

Bont sucked arse in a final as well. No need to shit on a player because they lost. Dusty had was only average in finals prior to 2017, it’s like those efforts have been erased because of what he did in a decent team.

So you think Newcomb is on Bont’s level?

I don’t mind this idea, our KPD stocks are quite young so no harm bringing in an experienced player.
Marchbank? Madness
KPDs Balta & Gibcus 1st choice. Depth rotation of Miller & Young, Blight. Kosi can play there. Marchbank is 193, So Broad, Brown are that. Tresize just coming along.
In a spoon team, zero need for Marchbank types.
Ruck is the position we are light on

Last edited:
We can see below GWS lost Corr and Williams to free agency in 2020, and got separately compensated with a pick for each of them.

View attachment 2109594

But one of those compo picks is band 1 so it couldn’t be upgraded. You’re probably right about two picks but given they downgraded/removed picks when there were incoming FAs, there might be a chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Which will end up 15 or 16. I feel this is right for Baker. If lions lose tonight and we get their 1st that would be back to back picks in the mid teens.
Not impossible we’ll also hold GC’s 12 (14).
14, 15, 16. At least one of those would get a reasonable 2025 first bid

Last edited:
Would Ned Reeves be worth a look?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
contracted till 26. Back injured back up ruck now.

Going to be back up ruck at punt road too.

Got KPFs to provide back up ruck now. Kosi was quite good in the role. Better than his KPF work. For good or ill, Ryan's on the list and will play games. Low bar but Ryan's probably better as ruck than KPF.

I'd rather Soldo back

Apparently the saints looking at reeves, as mentioned here before I reckon if your looking at the hawks list trying to poach someone from outside their best 22 it would be Max Ramsden. Most hawks fans are happy to lose reeves and have Ramsden as the number 1 back up for Meek. Reeves is like 26 and always injured, Ramsden is only 21 more upside.

IMO Seb Ross has been a crab for 3-years. We need to expose kids to the midfield, not washed up 30yo+ delistings from other clubs.

I'd prefer Samson gets games so we can see where he gets to. I think the Hawks rose too early, if they stay around the fringes of the 8 they won't have any other real elite coming in, so our new midfield will be smashing them for a decade. For the same reason I think we don't bring in players like reeves next year and we play Samson. Develops him and probably locks a top3 pick in next year. Us and eagles you would think depending on the injury list?

We need to sort out our KPF stocks. If we're not going to take Armstrong, Shanahan or Whitlock and just go mid heavy, then I'd suggest we look at Tabener as an upgrade to Kozi. Fawcett is unproven and unlikely to see any game time, Bauer is promising but as a third tall, can't trust Lynch to be available for 10+ games and Lefau is coming off an ACL.. worse options for a 1-2 year deal to have someone to kick it to.

We need to sort out our KPF stocks. If we're not going to take Armstrong, Shanahan or Whitlock and just go mid heavy, then I'd suggest we look at Tabener as an upgrade to Kozi. Fawcett is unproven and unlikely to see any game time, Bauer is promising but as a third tall, can't trust Lynch to be available for 10+ games and Lefau is coming off an ACL.. worse options for a 1-2 year deal to have someone to kick it to.
He's cooked

I’d suggest we’d be looking at the Whitlocks, Faull & Tauru etc but getting highly talented Mids and small/medium forwards in the first 4 picks should be priority.

#1 - FOS
#3 - Draper/Jagga/Lalor/Langford
#6 - Lalor/Langford/Reid
#9 - Reid/Berry/Travaglia/Smillie
#14 - Shanahan/Tauru/J.Whitlock

We probably will if they don’t trade us their first pick. I do think we’ll get the pick from Brisbane.
We will. Who else has so many second and third rounders? And we’ll end up with more after Graham leaves (I’m assuming he will).

We can give them way overs in points so they don’t go into huge deficit matching the Ashcroft bid. No one else will be able to do that.

Let’s hope they lose tonight.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Back