List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Do you support the club trading for picks 2 and/or 3?

• Yes Trade for 2 & 3

• Yes But Only For 2 or 3

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not entering into a discussion with you when one of the first things you say is that.
Look at any VFL game day thread from before the mid season draft and see if it's "I, alone" that can see it.

Check out the following image and then let me know if it's just "I, alone" that can see it.
View attachment 2113495

Spare me your long winded responses. This is not just a me thing.

And yet no team took "the VFL's top draft prospect" that our game day threads earmarked for higher honours.

We were all impressed with Davidson's season, I watched more or less every game. We are the only club in the AFL that can say for certain if we want him, he is ours. Because we have pick 1. And a load of other picks. And rookie pick 1.

I mean how good do you actually think he will be at AFL level? What player would he be as good as in a similar role?

Last edited:
Really? You really can’t see it?
What do you want him to have a neck tattoo or a cooking show?

Kid is an animal

I’m not sure whether to be more excited by Laylor or Lorla.

And yet no team took "the VFL's top draft prospect" that our game day threads earmarked for higher honours.

We were all impressed with Davidson's season, I watched more or less every game. We are the only club in the AFL that can say for certain if we want him, he is ours. Because we have pick 1. And a load of other picks. And rookie pick 1.

I mean how god do you actually think he will be at AFL level? What player would he be as good as in a similar role?
Very few players are God at AFL level.
I can only think of Dusty and GA senior.

Hot Shots Idiot GIF

When did Richmond become the lost and found for discarded spuds.

Just go to the draft and get the best available young talent.

Bizarre right. People complain about Hopper and Taranto but want that spud

Whilst he’s prob good enough to get on a list , I’m just not convinced he has an elite qty that would mean he makes a real impact at afl, tis why I prefer May , he’s big takes a strong mark and could ruck too
As an example Bauer is similar size , he is an elite mark and has a leap
Anyways I’ll leave it to the experts

I didn’t really rate him in the games I watched him play VFL. Although I missed the games he played well.

I have no problem getting him but I’d prefer he was replacing a Dow or Cumberland rather than us taking one less 18yo in the draft.

Probably very good reasons why this isn’t so, but if they’re in your VFL/SANFL etc team it should = an academy
Would be less of a rort than teams getting top 2 picks for **** all.

How many mature agers go first round? Even second?

I mean how good do you actually think he will be at AFL level? What player would he be as good as in a similar role?
That’s the 64000 question really what posi at afl , my guess is a third tall and I’m thinking his best traits are that he can move and reads it well to be in right place often , we ll see . I actually am dirty we didn’t pick him up , was perfect opp to road test for 1/2 a season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not if the first 6 picks are rated evenly like they appear to be this year. There's no definative ranking of the first batch this year, that's what I'm banging on about.

There’s an obvious problem. If there genuinely is a blanket over the top 6-7, and EVERYONE agrees said blanket exists, why would anyone give a deal such as pick-6 and let’s say pick-13 for pick #1?

Wouldn’t that team just hold pick-6 and pick-13, knowing there’s a definitive blanket over the top 6-7 ?

So if a blanket over 6-7 players genuinely exists, we’d never get a deal good enough to warrant trading pick-1. And if a team IS happy to trade pick-6 and pick-13 for pick-1, then that means at least one recruiter does not believe there’s a blanket as they rate pick-1 MUCH higher than pick-6.

In other words I’m sure some people and clubs think there’s a blanket, and I’m just as sure many others think there isn’t. I don’t know what camp the Tigers are in …. if we are in the ‘blanket’ camp then we may look to trade pick-1 to a club in the ‘non-blanket’ camp ….

I’ve said ‘blanket’ way too many times ….

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

No one is drafting a player thinking we can just delist him in 6 months. Outside of maybe a mature age ruck for a contender everyone is trying to draft a long term piece.

Also Davidson played one really good game prior to MSD and it was only a few days before. He got better after the draft.
Sssshhh don't let facts get in the way

There’s an obvious problem. If there genuinely is a blanket over the top 6-7, and EVERYONE agrees said blanket exists, why would anyone give a deal such as pick-6 and let’s say pick-13 for pick #1?

Wouldn’t that team just hold pick-6 and pick-13, knowing there’s a definitive blanket over the top 6-7 ?

So if a blanket over 6-7 players genuinely exists, we’d never get a deal good enough to warrant trading pick-1. And if a team IS happy to trade pick-6 and pick-13 for pick-1, then that means at least one recruiter does not believe there’s a blanket as they rate pick-1 MUCH higher than pick-6.

In other words I’m sure some people and clubs think there’s a blanket, and I’m just as sure many others think there isn’t. I don’t know what camp the Tigers are in …. if we are in the ‘blanket’ camp then we may look to trade pick-1 to a club in the ‘non-blanket’ camp ….

Fair point , it will be interesting to see. I don't think any other club is making a bid for pick 1 but there are 17 clubs who could.

We're chasing Ben Hobbs from Essendon according to the H-Sun. Yay/nay...?

A big ‘nay’ from me. With Hopper, TT and Prestia never playing VFL in 2025 when fit and being pure mids, we need to save midfield openings to the likes of Sonsie, McCauliffe and 2-3 of our top-20 picks who I’m sure will be ready to play AFL sooner rather than later.

And I’d rather see Campbell and MRJ given stints in there if needed as they have agility, leg speed and upside, which IMO Hobbs doesn’t.

I think go super young in the off-season, assess the list throughout 2025 and then look to acquire some B-grade depth end of 2025 when we know what the list needs.

We're chasing Ben Hobbs from Essendon according to the H-Sun. Yay/nay...?
he would have requested a trade if we were into him... also I would back Morris and Carra to get the best out of him.

Bombers are kents to deal with in the trade space.. hence why they never recruit good players... agents most likely hate them

Sesame Street No GIF by Muppet Wiki

he would have requested a trade if we were into him... also I would back Morris and Carra to get the best out of him.

Bombers are kents to deal with in the trade space.. hence why they never recruit good players... agents most likely hate them
Since Essendon have a fundamental issue of letting long serving staff members be influential, I wouldn't be surprised if Dodo was on the phone saying "Well he is a former pick 13 or so that has played a handful of games for Essendon so essentially he is worth Pick 1 and Richmond have to pay Merritt's salary."

Since Essendon have a fundamental issue of letting long serving staff members be influential, I wouldn't be surprised if Dodo was on the phone saying "Well he is a former pick 13 or so that has played a handful of games for Essendon so essentially he is worth Pick 1 and Richmond have to pay Merritt's salary."
Surprised Sheedy did not request to have a Statue of himself outside of Punt Road after all he made a hobby of using Richmond to get a pay rise.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Back