List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Do you support the club trading for picks 2 and/or 3?

• Yes Trade for 2 & 3

• Yes But Only For 2 or 3

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Pies will be absolute dog sh*te from 2026 onwards… maybe even next year.

Not only will they be without Sidey, Pendles, Howe, Mitchell. Mihocek, Cox and Elliott beyond 2026, here is their list of quality players under 25yo when 2025 season kicks off:

Nick Daicos.

I kid you not … here is the list of other players under 25yo in March 2025:

Bytel
McReery
Dean
Macrae
Parker
Begg
Eyre
McInnes
Long
Steene
Harrison
Allan
Ryan
Jiath
Smit
Demattia

Other than McReery and Naicos, not one of them has played 30+ games - 6 have played 15+ games. AND they don’t have their first round draft pick this draft. Their list is in massive trouble for the future.

For our under 25yo cohort 6 have played 30+ games, and 14 have played 15+.

So we are miles ahead in youth development and will have a draft hand for the ages in 2024.

2025 will be a tough ride, but unlike the Pies our future looks super bright.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
But they have.
Shultz

If we sell the farm for Pick 2 or 3, or both, we have lost our minds.
We have suffered to gain pick 1. We have lost our top talent and about to lose what's left (Baker/Rioli/Bolton).

There doesn't seem to be much difference between pick 1-6 and some bolters may even come in.
We need as many picks between 1 and 17 as we can get.

It's much better to have 1,6,9,10,14,17,21 and trade a few into next year...

THEN

1,2,3, 65
or
1,3, 21, 70

It's also a gamble. I can guarantee that if we have 6 or 7 picks in top 20, that we are more likely to have more better players overall, even if some of them are solid B+ players, learning a new system.

What if pick 2 and/or 3 were flops. It would be another Deledio, Tambling scenario..

We SIMPLY CANNOT throw all our eggs in one basket for 1 player when it is currently unknown. How they turn out will be a different story. All draftees look 'good' at this stage. And even still I even have doubts on some of them from what I have seen.

Depends what we pay for the picks, and whether we think that the first 3 guys are elite standard.

if we get 3 elite mids we can set up our midfield for a decade, adn after that it's filling holes.

Lot of i's, but that's how I think of it.

I guess with North in the running (somehow) for Houston they might be interested in splitting pick 2.

There is talk of a future first rounder on the table but doing a deal with us for pick 2 may give them something around pick 9 or 10 or even 6 to play with rather than it be potentially/possibly pick 1 or 2 next year.

The future first rounder would be a nice gamble for Port who could be a chance of getting Sharp but a pick this year opens up the possibility of Draper or another decent high pick.

Apologies if covered above but this North putting their 2025 first up for a pick this year, for Houston, blows my mind.

Straight trade. North’s 2025 first (surely < 6) for our 2024 pick what?

Hold up, maybe we're going for the big brain 2025 play here.

Bolton for 9 and 10
Baker and Graham to West Coast
9, 10 and 39 to Norf for 2 and 22
Norf send 9/10 to Port for Houston

Richmond lose Bolton Baker Graham Rioli and get a bunch of early draft picks
Norf gain Houston
West Coast gain Baker and Graham

The other 2 dogshit teams get good players to lift them up.

With Pick 1 in the 2025 AFL National Draft, the Richmond Tigers select Dyson Sharp

Apologies if covered above but this North putting their 2025 first up for a pick this year, for Houston, blows my mind.

It's tempting, but the risk is that they finally get their shit together and push up into the mid ladder positions say 7-13.

Maybe something like picks 9 & 10 this year for 2 & 2025 R1.

Gives us the certain top 2 pick this year and then protects us a little should they climb out of the bottom 5 next year.

Multiple R1 picks in 2024 & 2025 is a dream scenario for a club looking to rebuild before Tassie comes and takes all the young talent.

If Bolton goes to Freo
we will look to trade one of those picks for Norfs future 1st
then they will on trade it for Houston if they can

So Bolton for Pick 9 and Norfs first next year could be a great outcome
I'd rather trade for what we KNOW is pick 2 now, rather than what 'could' be anything next year.

It's tempting, but the risk is that they finally get their shit together and push up into the mid ladder positions say 7-13.

Maybe something like picks 9 & 10 this year for 2 & 2025 R1.

Gives us the certain top 2 pick this year and then protects us a little should they climb out of the bottom 5 next year.

Multiple R1 picks in 2024 & 2025 is a dream scenario for a club looking to rebuild before Tassie comes and takes all the young talent.
You're dreaming.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're saying they could trade picks 2 and 2-8 (2025) for 9 and 10. No chance.
No I'm saying they may believe that with the additions of Houston & Darling and their haul of young talent starting to mature, they may back themselves to climb out of the bottom 6 and effectively swap the pick they'd get next year for 1 around the same level this year. Obviously 9 & 10 for 2 & 8 isn't a fair deal and would need some extra picks from us thrown in to make it work.

Somehow I feel Bolton will be in Richmond colours next year. Not sure the destination teams will have the capital.
That's going to make both this and the draft thread very awkward, surely Bolton wouldn't do that to everyone here

Thank goodness… we don’t need another plodder in the midfield
Paramountnetwork No GIF by Yellowstone

Ghost Lol GIF by Justin Gammon

You're saying they could trade picks 2 and 2-8 (2025) for 9 and 10. No chance.
Having the same pick in the same quality draft, but a year earlier, obv has a > NPV but North’s reported willingness to deal out of 2025 R1 makes me think others don’t rate next year & all these trade scenarios may be a bit 2024 focussed.

10 & Baker for 3 has been well covered, but what if the offer is WC’s 2025 first for Baker & 15?

Having the same pick in the same quality draft, but a year earlier, obv has a > NPV but North’s reported willingness to deal out of 2025 R1 makes me think others don’t rate next year & all these trade scenarios may be a bit 2024 focussed.

10 & Baker for 3 has been well covered, but what if the offer is WC’s 2025 first for Baker & 15?
I think it would be more that North feel they’ll improve and/or they want to condense the age of their talent

They see this as their last year to hit the draft and still have the kids be old enough to really pull their weight while some of their older players are still good

I doubt anyone can say the top five for next year are any better or worse than this year yet. The top five each draft seem to be great regardless of the strength of the draft year

Whilst everybody is thinking Bolton is just about a done deal to fremantle there could be a spanner in the works and may not be as 100% as people may think. Would not surprise me at all if there is a last minute twist to this

• Most players apart from Baker , Bolton have actually asked for a trade to a particular club similar to Macrae , Rioli when they know the new club can get the deal done like freo
  • Baker we know is just waiting to know who the new coach is and similar to Graham - But why is Bolton waiting ?
  • Twomey asked Matty Clarke about Baker/Bolton and he was very vague and didnt dismiss Bolton
  • Eagles could come in late with a massive offer last minute now they have off loaded Farling & Barrass as well as a few more they could easily offer $1.5 mil x 7 year deal and wipe fremantle's offer out and Bolton could easily flip for that cash
  • If Mcquarter gets the eagles job he would 100% want Bolton , Baker & Graham at the eagles i have no doubt

Could be more to play out in this if Mini gets the gig
Don't Agree. Matt Clarke made it fairly clear he had no idea what was going on with a potential Bolton trade indicating his club was not involved. Matt made be a crappy recruiter but his integrity is high. Think you can take it to the bank West C won't be involved.

<3 almost certainly. If they think Darling is going to make a difference they are kidding themselves

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Back