List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Do you support the club trading for picks 2 and/or 3?

• Yes Trade for 2 & 3

• Yes But Only For 2 or 3

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

But it's a great opportunity for him to catastrophize a bad Richmond move (which it really wasn't anyway)...

2016 would've been heave

Except all the stuff i am saying now, i was saying in real time when it was happening. you can go back and check, don't let the truth get in the way of your agenda tho

Relax hindsight is a wonderful and short sighted at this current stage

Brown and Clarke both had numerous injuries so far, is that our recruiters fault?

Believe they both will be guns and excel at Richmond
Well except for the the fact i was ropable at the time over the returns we got for Higgins & Butler. Ropable we didn't go to recruit Jesse Hogan.

When it comes to picks, sure - i had no opinion on who we should draft - but thats because i don't watch kids playing footy in my spare time, but i assume the guys getting paid 6 figures a year to do that job were doing there jobs, which apparently they might not have if they didn't rate Max Holmes at all.

Last edited:
Except all the stuff i am saying now, i was saying in real time when it was happening. you can go back and check, don't let the truth get in the way of your agenda tho

Well except for the the fact i was ropable at the time over the returns we got for Higgins & Butler. Ropable we didn't go to recruit Jesse Hogan.

When it comes to picks, sure - i had opinion on who we should draft - but thats because i don't watch kids playing footy in my spare time, but i assume the guys getting paid 6 figures a year to do that job were doing there jobs, which apparently they might not have if they didn't rate Max Holmes at all.
Recruiting departments aren’t perfect and I believe they thought Geelong’s first pick for the following year would be of more value. Didn’t work out. 16 other clubs could have recruited him also. You’re just upset that it was our traded pick used to recruit Holmes. Get over it. We have a new recruiting manager, criticising past recruitment is a waste of time. Hold on until trade/draft period is concluded until you let rip. Toce has yet to even oversee a trade period/draft.

Recruiting departments aren’t perfect and I believe they thought Geelong’s first pick for the following year would be of more value. Didn’t work out. 16 other clubs could have recruited him also. You’re just upset that it was our traded pick used to recruit Holmes. Get over it. We have a new recruiting manager, criticising past recruitment is a waste of time. Hold on until trade/draft period is concluded until you let rip. Toce has yet to even oversee a trade period/draft.
Agree but its Hartley that oveseas the trade period.
Toce looks after the drafting.
Hartley is Toce's boss.

since when is shai going to wet toast?
Possible isn’t it ? As far as I’m aware he hasn’t nominated a club yet? Didn’t he essentially say get me back to WA and left it with RFC to get the deal done?

Mini is no worse than Skipworth.

mini was passable at pressers.

almost 50/50 record as senior coach may tip it his way.

If that gets Graham to WCE, I'm praying to hui.
Also big plus coming from a Grandfinal winning culture which I’m guessing would be an issue at WC atm?

I believe we will explore a play at Harley Reid. Bolton, Baker and pick 2 plus a healthy pay rise will be the play.
Obviously work needs to be done to get pick 2. Don’t be disappointed folks if we don’t end up selecting 7 first round picks. The price for Reid will be heavy.
Too soon to be chasing a messiah

Not surprised given those connections at the club.

If port had a better backline they’d be a red hot chance of snagging a flag.
And a better forward line.

A very ordinary move from Port, they need hardnosed players who can move the needle in their favour, Lukosius is being pushed out because he hasn't got that hard edge and Dimma knows it's fundamental to a finals winning culture.

Not surprised given those connections at the club.

If port had a better backline they’d be a red hot chance of snagging a flag.
Their forward line needs the most work in my opinion. Even with the inclusion of Lukosius it won't be potent enough. Dixon is likely retiring, Marshall is struggling with a history of multiple concussions. Esava is poor more frequently than he is decent.

Georgiadis and Lukosius is a solid core but they need a big imposing presence down there that can bring the ball to ground regularly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I believe we will explore a play at Harley Reid. Bolton, Baker and pick 2 plus a healthy pay rise will be the play.
Obviously work needs to be done to get pick 2. Don’t be disappointed folks if we don’t end up selecting 7 first round picks. The price for Reid will be heavy.
sauce

Cotchin's work with Rayner is an example of why Bolton, Baker, Rioli and Graham are sought after by clubs.

It's funny to see that oppo supporters don't rate the experience and intellectual property that these players bring to their clubs, luckily for us their CEO's, coaches, list managers and recruiters do know of their value

Another fatal error from the club - not recognizing a elite talent like Holmes was sitting there in the draft & we hadn't even considered him. Another Rubbish "non decision" by the club.

I love it when people act like a pick we "missed" doesn't count as we were apparently too inept to pick the best players in the draft.
Another Rubbish post by you !!

17 other clubs didnt even know Holmes was alive and he played 2 games in 2 years

but its a 'Fatal' error FMD

we were on this board at the time and i dont remember you mentioning holmes as a potential star

quick go back make a ninja edit

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Back