List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Do you support the club trading for picks 2 and/or 3?

• Yes Trade for 2 & 3

• Yes But Only For 2 or 3

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I believe we will explore a play at Harley Reid. Bolton, Baker and pick 2 plus a healthy pay rise will be the play.
Obviously work needs to be done to get pick 2. Don’t be disappointed folks if we don’t end up selecting 7 first round picks. The price for Reid will be heavy.
Zero chance we even attempt to sell everything for one player, zero

I am happy for Harley Reid to stay where he is, we need a heap of new talent to come in and rebuild properly.
And that’s precisely what our List Manager and our recruiters will be thinking👍 Zero chance we chase Reid with the draft hand we are about to build, zero. We need many good players, not one potential superstar.

Possible isn’t it ? As far as I’m aware he hasn’t nominated a club yet? Didn’t he essentially say get me back to WA and left it with RFC to get the deal done?
Yes he did tell the club Freo is his preferred destination but also told them unless they don't get probably composated eagles will be fine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Lukoscious heading to Port could that mean we have a play at Ollie Lord? His name gets mentioned a fair bit on here.
There is always a lot of talk around Lord. But is he really worth any more than a 3rd round selection? Understand the big guys take a bit longer but he’s only kicked 36 goals from 45 at the sanfl level. I would sooner take a punt on Archie May on the rookie list, he’s a guy that can look like prime Tom Lynch one week and Cleve Hughes the next but gee he has a bit to work with. Get him into the full AFL system and see how he goes. I believe he’s only 20 years old.

There is always a lot of talk around Lord. But is he really worth any more than a 3rd round selection? Understand the big guys take a bit longer but he’s only kicked 36 goals from 45 at the sanfl level. I would sooner take a punt on Archie May on the rookie list, he’s a guy that can look like prime Tom Lynch one week and Cleve Hughes the next but gee he has a bit to work with. Get him into the full AFL system and see how he goes. I believe he’s only 20 years old.
yep, we have enough not quite good enough tall forwards

Bauer’s better

Recruiting departments aren’t perfect and I believe they thought Geelong’s first pick for the following year would be of more value. Didn’t work out. 16 other clubs could have recruited him also. You’re just upset that it was our traded pick used to recruit Holmes. Get over it. We have a new recruiting manager, criticising past recruitment is a waste of time. Hold on until trade/draft period is concluded until you let rip. Toce has yet to even oversee a trade period/draft.

Yes, they certainly are not perfect.

2 years max helping clubs financially.

In two to three years max we’ll need the cap space to recruit FA & out of contract players etc ourselves. 4 years funding is ridiculous. Plus we will also need to be involved in cap trading directly for draft picks. Everyone wants to trade finance for higher draft picks if they have it, but it has a limited time span as you will need that cap space when you are ready to compete and purchase top players(like Lynch).
2y at the max , we should position ourselves with enough room in the TPP to make a ridiculous offer for front ended contract like 2m plus

And a better forward line.

A very ordinary move from Port, they need hardnosed players who can move the needle in their favour, Lukosius is being pushed out because he hasn't got that hard edge and Dimma knows it's fundamental to a finals winning culture.
He will fit in well at the power then

Another Rubbish post by you !!

17 other clubs didnt even know Holmes was alive and he played 2 games in 2 years

but its a 'Fatal' error FMD

we were on this board at the time and i dont remember you mentioning holmes as a potential star

quick go back make a ninja edit

As i have said many many many times mate - i don't pretend to ever know anything about this kids not in the AFL yet. I don't watch it & unlike you guys, don't pretend to be an expert at everything. I let the club do what it does, then judge them on the results.

The results speak for themselves i reckon - don't think i'm the one having to "prove" anything there

They actually discussed this Holmes draft a week ago and the boys on fox were discussing how no other club drafted him.

What insight. No other club drafted Holmes. Is this not true for literally EVERY player? Only 1 team ever "drafts" anyone. What makes Max Holmes such a unique case? :moustache:

Club could have easily got Holmes and still ended up with Brown IMO - from memory Brown was considered a reach at 12 and expected to so later

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Back