List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Do you support the club trading for picks 2 and/or 3?

• Yes Trade for 2 & 3

• Yes But Only For 2 or 3

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

That's not true, but sure. I've posted about many positives back when they were more present - its just been so long you were likely not here, or forgotten. I supported the clubs decision to go with Yze over Mini as i thought we needed a change of leadership, & i supported the recruitment of Kosi as a low cost gamble. To be honest, there haven't been many positives to talk about for about 2 years. I certainly spoke positively about the CCJ trade & the recruitment of Tom Lynch. So you are wrong. When i see it as positive, i say that too

Dont ****ing change for no one. Your opinion is as valid as the next poster.

Some campaigners don’t see anything without their yellow and black goggles on.

I’m not here to sing kumbuya around a ****ing rainbow just agreeing how ****ing good we are.

Your posts delve into stuff others don’t want to see.

But yet you don't think we should trade for Peatling? That doesn't make a lot of sense.
Hawthorn also didn't have to endure a season where they used 98% of their list due to injury.

Not everyone's journey is going to be perfectly mirrored.
No, I don’t think we should trade away valuable draft picks in a deep draft for a mature age player when I feel we are galaxies away from our next premiership. What part of that doesn’t make sense?

The next three years should be all about getting high quality kids through the door. If we need mature bodies then only cough up a packet of chips for them. Alternatively, go to the mid season rookie draft, funnily enough where James Peatling was plucked from.

No, I don’t think we should trade away valuable draft picks in a deep draft for a mature age player when I feel we are galaxies away from our next premiership. What part of that doesn’t make sense?

The next three years should be all about getting high quality kids through the door. If we need mature bodies then only cough up a packet of chips for them. Alternatively, go to the mid season rookie draft, funnily enough where James Peatling was plucked from.
Also PSD/train on. No giving draft picks for castoffs from other clubs.

I think we will break records as to how bad we are next season and you will reconsider your prediction of us challenging for a premiership in six years.

Hawthorn? They’re not a comparable case study. They didn’t bottom out as hard as the clubs that I mentioned did. They finished bottom four twice in the past few years and never won a spoon. They also have regularly topped up with mature age players like Amon, Chol, Ginnivan, Impey, Scrimshaw, Frost, Scully, etc.

I agree that we should be being aggressive with the rebuild given Tasmania are coming in but I highly doubt we move from the bottom four any time soon, let alone challenge for a flag in six years. That is delusional.
By 2010 we had dusty jack Rance lids and cotch on our list , by 2012 we were challenging for finals coming 9th , them from 2013 were winning 15 games a year making finals every year
So clearly u get the r1 s right like above , the assent is sharp

I know some have mentioned Sam De Koning as a possible target and after thinking about it for a bit, I'd hope that Blair is planting a seed in the minds of Geelong by mentioning that we may be willing to help them facilitate a trade for Bailey Smith, by offering up one of our mid R1 picks, but it would need to be a worthwhile deal for us to part with the pick by saying someone like De Koning would be what it would take to get us interested
SDK will be a blue next year
He and weitering will form an excellent
1 -2 pairing in their back line..it will be part of a 6 club trade
Sdk - Carlton
Bailey Smith to cats
Blues 2025 first round pick to Suns
Jack lukocius to Port power
Sam Houston to Saints
Saints pick 10( battle compensation) to dogs a few little tid bits might have to be thrown in but this will be 90% of the trade done

Very very strong mail (from inside Cats sanctum) that Parfitt wants to come to the Tigers as a delisted FA
Has he had a few too many head knocks?

Another Cumbo fanboy not prepared to admit to misjudging his ability/worth. A total spud who would provide zero to our list and is a bad example of what’s required to young draftees coming in. Rather take an extra draftee or a mature age player from VFL or lesser comp. His time is up.
Haha, might want to check my post history on Cumberland.

I would be closer to getting banned for personal abuse. I've never said a positive thing about him.

Not sure how you took that from my post. Strange.

We're getting rid of 8 players - this is the reason the club is waiting to make a decision on him and the other spuds on our list. You need to plan ahead for next years delistings too.

We bottomed out with Deledio in 2004 and we won a flag in 2017.

Melbourne bottomed out with Watts in 2008 and won a flag in 2021.

Carlton bottomed out with Murphy in 2005 and still haven’t won a flag in 2024.

North Melbourne bottomed out in 2020 and have been bottom four for the past four years.

Not sure what sides have won a premiership after 6-8 years after completely stripping back everything.

I think you’re in for a big reality check next season.

Richmond will be in unchartered waters if the off-season ends up anywhere near the way it looks. We are likely to draft anything up to around 10 years worth of rd 1 picks within 2-3 off seasons. You have to also remember we also have a couple who look like being decent already on the list in Gibcus and Brown, who are still very young. Balta is more or less in that type of category as well, though obviously a fair bit older.

The last of those players that turn out any good should be hitting their straps no later than 2030. In 2027 the stocking up on early draft picks or young guns in trades will be finished, and by then we should already have a couple of decent free agents in and be looking to trade 2027 and 2028 early picks for strong mature players. 3-4 years from now we should be worth watching, another year or two we should be looking to get a taste of finals and by the early 2030's providing we have managed it well, we should be looking to contend with a very exciting team. If we haven't managed it well, we will be there forever, like some of the clubs you mentioned.

Why I think Richmond will likely do this well:

• a large volume of high end talent likely to come onto the list in the next 2-3 off-seasons, an unprecedented amount of talent for an established club.
  • the collective knowledge gained from recent success will be very beneficial
  • there is already half of a future team on the list, other rebuilding teams didn't have this when they tore it up and started again. Think 27yo and below Hopper, Taranto, Lefau, Balta, Mansell, Ross, Maurice Rioli, Banks, Gibcus, Brown, Campbell. There is 11 players we should be confident in, with other existing young players likely to emerge to take the places of the eldest 3 or so on that list as they age
  • massive contracts to Dusty and Lynch have expired or will next year, also Prestia, Grimes and others. For reasons mainly to do with injury, these contracts have been largley unproductive for us for a couple of years. And we now get the chance to put that money to a more productive use.
  • the club will have a brilliant reputation with player agents, all our players have been treated well. So we will appeal as a destination to the very type of people we are looking to attract.
  • we have shown in the past we will spend big picks only on players with strong attitudes, even if this means swerving some more talented players at times. I am sure the club will follow this path again.
  • we now have free agency available from the start of our rebuild, unlike last time. So we can get the players in earlier in the process.
  • By the time the volume of talent is on the list, we will be using our brand spanking new facilities, which should only help, especially in injury management and conditioning.

So I see no reason with a fair run why we shouldn't be right up and about within about 6 years.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dont ****ing change for no one. Your opinion is as valid as the next poster.

Some campaigners don’t see anything without their yellow and black goggles on.

I’m not here to sing kumbuya around a ****ing rainbow just agreeing how ****ing good we are.

Your posts delve into stuff others don’t want to see.

lol there it is, the old self proclaiming "I'm a crusader" chat...

At no point did I say we should only post beautiful, happy and optimistic comments. Take a deep breath and holster that firearm :$..

By 2010 we had dusty jack Rance lids and cotch on our list , by 2012 we were challenging for finals coming 9th , them from 2013 were winning 15 games a year making finals every year
So clearly u get the r1 s right like above , the assent is sharp

2010 was Jack and Rance’s 4th season, Cotch’s 2nd, and Dusty’s 1st.
We won a flag in Jack’s and Rance’s 10th season. Cotch’s 8th and Dusty’s 7th.
It’s a long road ahead if we consider we have none of the equivalent players on our kids.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We bottomed out with Deledio in 2004 and we won a flag in 2017.

Melbourne bottomed out with Watts in 2008 and won a flag in 2021.

Carlton bottomed out with Murphy in 2005 and still haven’t won a flag in 2024.

North Melbourne bottomed out in 2020 and have been bottom four for the past four years.

Not sure what sides have won a premiership after 6-8 years after completely stripping back everything.

I think you’re in for a big reality check next season.
Hawthorn bottomed out 2004, won a flag in 2008, then threepeated while playing in 4 Grand Finals from 2012-2015.

Not saying we'll do similar but results can change quickly if we get more things right than wrong with the list build.

Last edited:
2010 was Jack and Rance’s 4th season, Cotch’s 2nd, and Dusty’s 1st.
We won a flag in Jack’s and Rance’s 10th season. Cotch’s 8th and Dusty’s 7th.
It’s a long road ahead if we consider we have none of the equivalent players on our kids.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
And.not perfect. To win a premiership you have to be the best. Many teams build but then hover below a premiership, like Brisbane has been doing since 2018 or so? Or st kilda in the 2000s?

Consider that in 24 years this century, by average is should be a premiership to each club roughly, but in reality a top team wins it for a few years. Off the top of my head, of the 24 premierships, hawthorn and Geelong have 4 each, Brisbane and us 3, Collingwood 2, West Coast, Sydney. And lots of teams with none.

So in a list build to build a team who wins premierships you basically need dusty like pkayers who beat their opponents 9 times out of 10. Easiest way is to draft and develop and then free agent. Once that core is in we can bring pkayers in, but this year we have to take every top 20 pick we have and hope they become reiwoldt, cotchin, dusty and rance. And next year we go again. Amd in 2026 I think we start rising pretty quickly.

lol there it is, the old self proclaiming "I'm a crusader" chat...

At no point did I say we should only post beautiful, happy and optimistic comments. Take a deep breath and holster that firearm :$..

At no point did I mention you.

You were the one having a go at someone for posting negativity. Who the **** do you think you are to tell someone what opinion they should have?

Don’t like reading his posts, ignore it. If hearing negative thoughts on the club hurts your little brain then don’t read it.

Too many simpletons on here that just refuse to expand their brains and hurt their little feelings when negativity is against the club.

Not a crusader, just have an opinion and no poster should be shamed for it.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Back