List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Do you support the club trading for picks 2 and/or 3?

• Yes Trade for 2 & 3

• Yes But Only For 2 or 3

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Cats were mentioned, surprise, surprise!!!
Probably bs, it’s just listeners rumours
A few weeks ago Kane mentioned that there are some questions over whether Butters seeks a move back to Victoria in the coming years. I am the furthest thing from a Cornes fan, but it is clear he has good mail from Port with his brother being an assistant coach and other personal relationships he has maintained.

Edmund also said (once presented with the listeners text) that the Butters rumours had been doing the rounds(or something along those lines). So I don't think it is ridiculously far fetched. Edmund went on to say apparently he prefers a club in the west (hence the Cats and the Bulldogs were also mentioned) but still very early.

For us, if he does move next year it will probably be a bit early. I am sure players like Butters will want to move to a club that is showing signs of being a contender.

But we will have plenty of $ in the salary cap so who knows. Maybe all our draftees have really good years and he can be swayed to join a developing team and lead the midfield.

From Cal Twomey, Freo will offer pick 10 for Baker and Eagles will offer pick 13. Depends on who Baker chooses but all the way through baker has wanted to know how the deals will get done.
How are Freo going to offer pick 10 for Bakes when they're giving us 9 & 10 for Shai?

think the presumption is 9 and 17 gets the shai deal done
It doesn't. I reckon Cal's hearing 9, 10 and 16 for Shai and Bakes and making the leap that it's 9 & 16 for Shai and 10 for Bakes. But as you say, take Bakes out and it's 9 & 10 for Shai. So it's really 16 for Bakes.

It doesn't. I reckon Cal's hearing 9, 10 and 16 for Shai and Bakes and making the leap that it's 9 & 16 for Shai and 10 for Bakes. But as you say, take Bakes out and it's 9 & 10 for Shai. So it's really 16 for Bakes.
And how do you feel about that old mate? Personally I would take it all day.

From Cal Twomey, Freo will offer pick 10 for Baker and Eagles will offer pick 13. Depends on who Baker chooses but all the way through baker has wanted to know how the deals will get done.
Id rather Baker goes to the eagles for #13 or #3+ Baker
Blair can get #9 + #10 from freo for Bolton

16 is probably the "fair value" for Bakes. Think we will be trying to get an extra back draft pick to sweeten the deal or an "upgrade" of like our 73 moving to their 63 or something.

think the presumption is 9 and 17 gets the shai deal done, and baker for 10. If Baker chooses eagles then we'll hold out for 9 and 10 I presume
If Baker gets done for #10 and we should make sure thats done prior to dealing Bolton then go for the jugular
#9 , #16 , #25 with Bolton +#47 :p

16 is probably the "fair value" for Bakes. Think we will be trying to get an extra back draft pick to sweeten the deal or an "upgrade" of like our 73 moving to their 63 or something.
I agree we'd want something back but pick 63 is useless to us.

If Baker gets done for #10 and we should make sure thats done prior to dealing Bolton then go for the jugular
I'd say if they both go to Freo it'll be a joint deal, i.e. the offer is 9, 10, 16 for the two.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And how do you feel about that old mate? Personally I would take it all day.
16 is about right for Bakes but 9 & 10 is unders for Shai. You'd obviously prefer 13 from West Coast for Bakes, with 9 & 10 for Shai. If I were Blair I'd be telling Freo 3 & 16 is a fair price for Shai, so go get us pick 3. And on the other line be negotiating with Norf for pick 2, and on line 3 be asking Matt Clarke if he'll do Bakes and 10 for 3.

You said no club had ever bottomed out and rebounded quickly. Hawthorn did as they went 2nd last 2004 & 3rd last 2005 got to add some top end talent to a list that had some experienced players and promising youth.

They got Hodge Mitchell & Ladson as 2001 draftees that only came to Hawthorn after they traded out Croad and McPharlin to get the picks that would land Hodge and Mitchell. 2021 we added 5 kids inside the top 30, granted not the same quality as the 3 Hawks, but all promising youth.

We currently hold pick 1, will be trading out similar quality players that Hawthorn did, to bring in top rated young talent in what could be a similar style super draft with the quality and depth this year and could also get another crop in 2025 as well. Which is similar to what Hawthorn did in 2004 & 2005 when they 'bottomed out'.

So who is to say that the likes of Nankervis Taranto Vlastuin Broad Hopper Short & Balta can't be our version of Crawford, Croad, Williams, Bateman, Osborne and Sewell as experienced senior players who with an injection of talent over a few years get an unlikely shot at a flag?

When you look at it we're similarly positioned to Hawthorn in 2004 and are about to add some high end talent to the list over the next 2 years. Again not saying we'll repeat what Hawthorn did, but I don't believe it's as ridiculous as people may think as we sit here today. Need to get things right in terms of the draft and any experienced players we bring in as well.
So long as whatever key forward we draft kicks 100 goals I’ll be happy!!!

We bottomed out with Deledio in 2004 and we won a flag in 2017.

Melbourne bottomed out with Watts in 2008 and won a flag in 2021.

Carlton bottomed out with Murphy in 2005 and still haven’t won a flag in 2024.

North Melbourne bottomed out in 2020 and have been bottom four for the past four years.

Not sure what sides have won a premiership after 6-8 years after completely stripping back everything.

I think you’re in for a big reality check next season.
Collingwood 2005 Bottom ..grabbed Thomas and Pendlebury ..won it in 2010

Cal Twomey saying we haven't accepted pick 6 for Dan Rioli and that we want more, said there could be some toing and froing right through trade period, but that it'll ultimately get done.

Man imagine if we get more? That trades board is going to melt.

If Baker gets done for 10 & we get more than pick 6 for Rioli at Gold Coast, then I'm seriously contemplating saying no to Bolton going unless Freo can get us a top 5 pick.

North, no other club can get a deal done and north will offer a massive contract to try and entice him. Future 1st and $1.2m a year?

Saints can get a deal done when they have 7&8 and plenty of cap space to offer Merrett a huge deal.

Essendon likely to also enquire and have a pick that would suit- surely cap room too.

the flag winning dynasty gameplan was simple

yze needs to go back to the drawing board with caracella and simplify the gameplan

complicated gameplans are not where its at
He needs to make an apology too the remaining premiership group.

Why would Gold Coast give up pick 12 (in a hot draft) for a pick (which is likely to be later than pick 12) in a weak draft? That would be demented.
Who knows! But I think it was Jon Ralph that reported it and got airtime on SEN today.

There’d have to be other sweeteners you’d think, far too weighted in Blues favour. Dimma did say something along the lines of GC not needing picks just this week however

2010 was Jack and Rance’s 4th season, Cotch’s 2nd, and Dusty’s 1st.
We won a flag in Jack’s and Rance’s 10th season. Cotch’s 8th and Dusty’s 7th.
It’s a long road ahead if we consider we have none of the equivalent players on our kids.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
We were blessed.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Back