List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Do you support the club trading for picks 2 and/or 3?

• Yes Trade for 2 & 3

• Yes But Only For 2 or 3

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone outbidding us if we offer 39, 41, 47, 57 (1356pts) for 18 (935)?

Would leave 29, Graham comp (if he leaves, say 40), 66, 72 (1181) to seek/ sweeten a play for 12 (1268) or 20 (912)
given with a "handshake" that we don't bid, we'll be saving them pts so we should be giving them less pts than they give us.

given with a "handshake" that we don't bid, we'll be saving them pts so we should be giving them less pts than they give us.
pick 18 for Brisbane is not a great mover and shaker pick, nice to have but 12 and others far more entertaining and desired, the there is bidding and other matchings.

You win premierships it affects you in terms of the yin and yang. Brisbane in the now to looking to win now in the next few years unlike RFC.

If anything does this mean Swans chasing players for picks?? Swans could drop back next year and chase players for picks next year. Lot to play out over the next few years so no need to jump at bait necessarily

pick 18 for Brisbane is not a great mover and shaker pick, nice to have but 12 and others far more entertaining and desired, the there is bidding and other matchings.

You win premierships it affects you in terms of the yin and yang
18 plus the 1st pick of night 2 will still be handy, we'll be getting some crazy offers post night 1.

18 plus the 1st pick of night 2 will still be handy, we'll be getting some crazy offers post night 1.

not necessarily, depends who is left on the board and most of the high upside types more likely to be gone.

Clubs will be chasing picks but can't see them going too over board although some clubs will want certain players for sure and pay the price as they see them as near the final piece(s)

not necessarily, depends who is left on the board and most of the high upside types more likely to be gone.

Clubs will be chasing picks but can't see them going too over board although some clubs will want certain players for sure and pay the price as they see them as near the final piece(s)
There will be desperate Clubs that have yet to have a pick that will want to get in to the draft early night 2 if they can.

Carlton, Essendon, Adelaide, WCE, GC will be desperate for points for Academy and F/S too Brisbane's not the only team to deal with ya know.
West Coast desperate for points? Cool let’s bundle up some trash for No.3. Come on.

I keep being told here we are getting 6 & 12 for Rioli (snowflake’s, IMO), but really don’t see Dons, Blues, Eagles (!), Crows (what?) clambering to deal, and if they are it won’t be for a pick inside 18.

Could see us playing a part in trading up for Essendon’s No.28. Otherwise the rest of those clubs can afford to wait for bids, even if I’d quite like to swing at Lombard at 6 or 9

Last edited:
There will be desperate Clubs that have yet to have a pick that will want to get in to the draft early night 2 if they can.

More likely Swans desperate for Tom lynch and or/other players

What will Swans do with Parker??? Could be some movements in the next month or so

Swans could throw a heap at Balta next year

If Freo get Warner end of next year does Swans throw a heap at Bolton in coming years??

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Warner's value dropped $200k p/a easily having failed on the big stage again. Logan McDonald will rue not going to Freo for the big bucks too because his value is now in the sh1tter

What are you all on about

Don’t you remember warners 30 poss two goal game in the 22 grannie ?

Given the other 1st rounder would be in the 20's, no way would we do that deal.

Freo will probably try and do the deal for Bolton, then trade out 10 and try and screw us for Baker.

Fook 'em keep Bolton. The ass clown Dockers will never win anything.

Freo will do whatever it takes to get Bolton. A team with peak Bolton, Jackson, Ch Warner (from 2026), Serong, Treacy, Brayshaw, Young, Amiss and more is winning a flag, and maybe multiple.

We need to do the Baker trade first, extract maximum value then deal with the contracted Bolton. Or do Baker and Bolton for 9,10,17 and a F2.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Freo will do whatever it takes to get Bolton. A team with peak Bolton, Jackson, Ch Warner (from 2026), Serong, Treacy, Brayshaw, Young, Amiss and more is winning a flag, and maybe multiple.

We need to do the Baker trade first, extract maximum value then deal with the contracted Bolton. Or do Baker and Bolton for 9,10,17 and a F2.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
What if getting max/ preferred value for Baker (from WC, presuming that’s who he nominates) requires us to hold pick 10 from part of the Bolton trade?

If Liam selects the Eagles, I’d do the Bolton one first, personally, then either aim for 3 from WC or go to North for 2

West Coast desperate for points? Cool let’s bundle up some trash for No.3. Come on.

I keep being told here we are getting 6 & 12 for Rioli (snowflake’s, IMO), but really don’t see Dons, Blues, Eagles (!), Crows (what?) clambering to deal, and if they are it won’t be for a pick inside 18.

Could see us playing a part in trading up for Essendon’s No.28. Otherwise the rest of those clubs can afford to wait for bids, even if I’d quite like to swing at Lombard at 6 or 9

Carlton need points for 2 camporeale boys (1 rated 15ish) plus trying to get Dan Huston. Don's only have picks 8 & 28. Kako is rated around pick 10. Crows don't have a strong hand and need to land Welsh F/S as well as Lukosius. Us and Pies will bleed GC over Rioli & Noble they still need points for Lombard who probably gets bid on @ pick 6. There's plenty of options and scenarios to dump our later picks. Plus some might be steak knives in the Baker, Rioli, Bolton trades. We probably do a deal with Brisbane but no need to bend over for them. I'd prefer bid on Ashcroft at 1 (as reality is he's better than FOS and Jaggas an accumulator who id prefer not get prior to pick 6) to weaken them and make landing Marshall a defecit. If this draft is soooo strong we might land guns beyond pick 40 also. Chances are all of Dow, Cumbo, McIntosh, Coulthard, Colina get rissoled.

Righto. Hold on to 57 (whoopee) and it’s 1174 for 935. Any less of a premium & have doubts that both we get it & that it passes the AFL’s sniff test when we don’t bid on Levi.
If the AFL ticked off Daicos going at pick 4 I don’t think they will be too bothered with Ashcroft going at 2 or 3 surely.

If the AFL ticked off Daicos going at pick 4 I don’t think they will be too bothered with Ashcroft going at 2 or 3 surely.
My point isn’t so much that we will be quizzed on not taking/ bidding on Levi at 1, which is of course our call.

It’s that if we first do a deal (unprecedented in pick swap times, I’d say) with the team Levi has nominated, whereby the Lions accept picks with a LOWER aggregated points value than the one they send us, then we don’t bid.
I think that’d raise more than eyebrows.

We should expect to pay a premium for pick 18, if we trade for it. Maybe it’s modest, and yes there may be winks, but selling picks worth less than 18, for 18, is fanciful IMO.

Carlton need points for 2 camporeale boys (1 rated 15ish) plus trying to get Dan Huston. Don's only have picks 8 & 28. Kako is rated around pick 10. Crows don't have a strong hand and need to land Welsh F/S as well as Lukosius. Us and Pies will bleed GC over Rioli & Noble they still need points for Lombard who probably gets bid on @ pick 6. There's plenty of options and scenarios to dump our later picks. Plus some might be steak knives in the Baker, Rioli, Bolton trades. We probably do a deal with Brisbane but no need to bend over for them. I'd prefer bid on Ashcroft at 1 (as reality is he's better than FOS and Jaggas an accumulator who id prefer not get prior to pick 6) to weaken them and make landing Marshall a defecit. If this draft is soooo strong we might land guns beyond pick 40 also. Chances are all of Dow, Cumbo, McIntosh, Coulthard, Colina get rissoled.
Get the point, but:
1. Haven’t seen a Camporeale ranked in the top 30 for many months;
2. Suns have 6, 12, 20, 26, 38, 46, 74 - rule out the first 3 from trades (reckon we’ll send back some value as part of Rioli move) and they’ll still have plenty to match a Lombard bid
3. Suspect Port (not Crows) do an F1 for Lukosius, which the Suns will like/ prefer given 2025 academy needs. For Crows, Welsh seems to have tumbled since early in the year & a bid in the first 25 I think would surprise most.
4. Dons might be alive to the risk of a Kako bid before 8, but think that’s pretty unlikely & surely they’d be aiming to pick at 8 then match for Kako later (10-15). Would obviously find it very funny if someone bids before 8 but expect us to aim for 28 over 8.

All just guessing of course, but 18, 20 & 28 appear the sweet spots/ picks for us to trade up IMO

Last edited:
My point isn’t so much that we will be quizzed on not taking/ bidding on Levi at 1, which is of course our call.

It’s that if we first do a deal (unprecedented in pick swap times, I’d say) with the team Levi has nominated, whereby the Lions accept picks with a LOWER aggregated points value than the one they send us, then we don’t bid.

We should expect to pay a premium for pick 18, if we trade for it. Maybe it’s modest, and yes there may be winks, but selling picks worth less than 18, for 18, is fanciful IMO.

Myself nor anyone else has said trading picks less than pick 18 in value. Just saying we don't need to be OVERLY generous. When it was pick 14 it was highly desirable, pick 18 is starting to blow out.

Your probably correct so we take a Brisbane pick18 and a future , then provide more points but just almost equal to theirs. discount because we don’t bid on Ashcroft is Brisbane bonus.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Back