List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Do you support the club trading for picks 2 and/or 3?

• Yes Trade for 2 & 3

• Yes But Only For 2 or 3

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton need points for 2 camporeale boys (1 rated 15ish) plus trying to get Dan Huston. Don's only have picks 8 & 28. Kako is rated around pick 10. Crows don't have a strong hand and need to land Welsh F/S as well as Lukosius. Us and Pies will bleed GC over Rioli & Noble they still need points for Lombard who probably gets bid on @ pick 6. There's plenty of options and scenarios to dump our later picks. Plus some might be steak knives in the Baker, Rioli, Bolton trades. We probably do a deal with Brisbane but no need to bend over for them. I'd prefer bid on Ashcroft at 1 (as reality is he's better than FOS and Jaggas an accumulator who id prefer not get prior to pick 6) to weaken them and make landing Marshall a defecit. If this draft is soooo strong we might land guns beyond pick 40 also. Chances are all of Dow, Cumbo, McIntosh, Coulthard, Colina get rissoled.
The Campos are meh. Neither are top 30.

Essendon the only other one that will need to add points and we could get 28.

My point isn’t so much that we will be quizzed on not taking/ bidding on Levi at 1, which is of course our call.

It’s that if we first do a deal (unprecedented in pick swap times, I’d say) with the team Levi has nominated, whereby the Lions accept picks with a LOWER aggregated points value than the one they send us, then we don’t bid.
I think that’d raise more than eyebrows.

We should expect to pay a premium for pick 18, if we trade for it. Maybe it’s modest, and yes there may be winks, but selling picks worth less than 18, for 18, is fanciful IMO.
Spot on. We will pay about a 30% premium and won't bid.

Updated Provisional Draft Picks before Trades/Free Agency

View attachment 2125360
Brisbane pick 18 will be pick 21 minimum if not more.

Ashcroft, Lombard, Perryman

If Kako and others are called, even Battle compo maybe even further back

really have to be concentrating on GC 12

Last edited:
Brisbane pick 18 will be pick 21 minimum if not more.

Ashcroft, Lombard, Perryman

If Kako and others are called, even Battle compo maybe even further back

really have to be concentrating on GC 12
GC 12 will be difficult to get, as it's highly likely another club will offer a future first for it.

We'd probably need Freo's future first in the Bolton trade to make it happen.

Updated Provisional Draft Picks before Trades/Free Agency

View attachment 2125360
Trying to look at this from a few different team's perspectives:
Brisbane - we just need a shitload more points to get Ashcroft & Marshall - then draft done.
Solution - trade 18 to Richmond who can offer more points than anyone else, without compromising 2025 draft. Bonus if they also guarantee not bidding at pick 1 ( or on Marshall with any of their picks around the range)

Gold Coast - we'll offload Lukoscious and get D Rioli, with hopefully a net loss of say pick 6, but probably more. We then want to somehow protect our remaining high picks from being used in matching Lombard ( probably bid at 5 - 10?)
Solution - trade whatever we have of 12, 20, 26, 38 to Richmond for whatever late picks they have and future pick. After Lombard pick, trade similar picks (18, 21, 29, 39) back from Richmond for a one-round better pick than what they had. Exact details depend on what picks each of us have going into the draft. Upgrading Tigers pick 18 to pick 12 should negate the need to offer any other sweeteners into the deal. Bonus if Tigers promise not to bid with any of their top 10 picks.

Essendon - Pick 8 should be used before Kako bid - but 28 will then just be swallowed by a bid ~ 15.
Solution - split 28 into 2 or more picks with more points. Plenty of teams with appropriate picks.

Carlton - We'll use pick 11, but one of the Camporeale's could be bid before pick 31...
Solution - Whatever, Tigers don't care

Adelaide / West Coast - when will a bid for Tyler Welsh / Malakai Champion come?
Answer - not early enough to be a concern - could be in the rookie draft

Port, Bulldogs, Essendon, Collingwood, etc - It's such a deep draft - so many excellent players still on the board and we don't have any draft picks in the right range!
Solution - Bring your future picks and your preferred lube to the Tigers and we may consider your offers

I think it would also be to our advantage to free up as many list spots as possible to bring as many picks in as possible to the draft to maximise live trading.
Dow, K-Mac, Cumbo - explore your options, we may re-rookie one of you after the draft, but don't see how we can promise anything.

Last edited:
GC 12 will be difficult to get, as it's highly likely another club will offer a future first for it.

We'd probably need Freo's future first in the Bolton trade to make it happen.

I said it before 6 & 20 will be the best we get for Rioli and 9 & 17 for Bolton.

But we have more chance of getting 9&10 for Bolton than 6&13 for Rioli, market & time will tell.

Myself nor anyone else has said trading picks less than pick 18 in value. Just saying we don't need to be OVERLY generous. When it was pick 14 it was highly desirable, pick 18 is starting to blow out.

Pick 18 is still amazing considering we are recycling junk picks. I’d say 18 is better than 14 because on a points basis we’d probably have to give up pick 29 in the trade instead of using 39 now with 18

IMO every pick bar 1 & 21 will be on the table to try and either move up the draft or get more picks in to next years draft.

We'll also be pushing for a minimum of 4 R1 picks from the trading of Baker Bolton & Rioli, depending on who Baker & Bolton nominate, with picks 6, 9, 10, 13, 16 & 20 all targets.

We'll also look to target the Lions pick 18 as well as 12 from the Suns in picks for points deal.

If it all comes off as hoped then we could realistically end up with 8 picks inside the top 25 from the draft depending on compo & bids.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Campos are meh. Neither are top 30.

Essendon the only other one that will need to add points and we could get 28.

Would love to tempt bombers to trade their pick with us.

If we say start with picks 1,6,9,13,16,18, make a play with North for pick 2. Then try and bluff Essendon by leaking we will pick kako at 6?
Essendon might want to trade pick 8 to us for a pick in the teens and some later picks?

Imaging turning picks 1,6,9,16 into 1,2,6 & 8.

Last edited:
I said it before 6 & 20 will be the best we get for Rioli and 9 & 17 for Bolton.

But we have more chance of getting 9&10 for Bolton than 6&13 for Rioli, market & time will tell.
I wouldn't do either of the deals you suggest.

I've said it before, over and over...
The CEO of Richmond has make his thoughts on the Rioli and Bolton trades very clear, and I quote:
"We're in control of that, they're contracted players and it will take an extraordinary deal for us to make those moves"

It amazes me that people think we're going to be disappointed and not going to get exceptional deals after the CEO states that.

Wrong 😑

I’ll say it again … the deals are done.

Rioli -> picks 6 & 12
Bolton -> picks 9 & 10

ps. There could be later picks going the other way but the above picks are locked in coming our way.

Wrong 😑

I’ll say it again … the deals are done.

Rioli -> picks 6 & 12
Bolton -> picks 9 & 10

ps. There could be later picks going the other way but the above picks are locked in coming our way.
so hard right now reading this

erec.gif

Well some of the things I've heard on trade radio over the years makes Bigfooty seem rationale.
It clearly fills a big area of interest & their numbers, live & pods, are extraordinary.

I’m already annoyed though at hosts speaking with certainty about player X “not being worth” pick whatever, and having precisely no idea what/ who that pick is likely to deliver in THIS draft.

That and the same bloke saying X is worth “a second rounder” as if all 18+ picks in that round are equal.

Last edited:
This upcoming trade period and next 2 drafts would have to be the most important in the clubs history to get out of the bottom rung and rise quickly it all starts with bringing in quality midfielders
This is so true. Up to the Tigers to do it differently and be ruthless.

Trying to look at this from a few different team's perspectives:
Brisbane - we just need a shitload more points to get Ashcroft & Marshall - then draft done.
Solution - trade 18 to Richmond who can offer more points than anyone else, without compromising 2025 draft. Bonus if they also guarantee not bidding at pick 1 ( or on Marshall with any of their picks around the range)

Gold Coast - we'll offload Lukoscious and get D Rioli, with hopefully a net loss of say pick 6, but probably more. We then want to somehow protect our remaining high picks from being used in matching Lombard ( probably bid at 5 - 10?)
Solution - trade whatever we have of 12, 20, 26, 38 to Richmond for whatever late picks they have and future pick. After Lombard pick, trade similar picks (18, 21, 29, 39) back from Richmond for a one-round better pick than what they had. Exact details depend on what picks each of us have going into the draft. Upgrading Tigers pick 18 to pick 12 should negate the need to offer any other sweeteners into the deal. Bonus if Tigers promise not to bid with any of their top 10 picks.

Essendon - Pick 8 should be used before Kako bid - but 28 will then just be swallowed by a bid ~ 15.
Solution - split 28 into 2 or more picks with more points. Plenty of teams with appropriate picks.

Carlton - We'll use pick 11, but one of the Camporeale's could be bid before pick 31...
Solution - Whatever, Tigers don't care

Adelaide / West Coast - when will a bid for Tyler Welsh / Malakai Champion come?
Answer - not early enough to be a concern - could be in the rookie draft

Port, Bulldogs, Essendon, Collingwood, etc - It's such a deep draft - so many excellent players still on the board and we don't have any draft picks in the right range!
Solution - Bring your future picks and your preferred lube to the Tigers and we may consider your offers

I think it would also be to our advantage to free up as many list spots as possible to bring as many picks in as possible to the draft to maximise live trading.
Dow, K-Mac, Cumbo - explore your options, we may re-rookie one of you after the draft, but don't see how we can promise anything.
Brisbane cannot get Ashcroft and Marshall if we select Ashcroft at #1 and any club select Marshall before pick 25.

The maximum a club can go into deficit is 985 points. (The value of future pick 18) and they are about 1800 points short for both kids. We can make them pay up with their F1 as well as pick 18 or they likely miss Marshall. Other alternative is they trade out a player.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Back